PDA

View Full Version : Picked up six more points in AP Poll, Now with 46 first place of 60

curmudgeon
10-26-2014, 01:07 PM
still a comfortable lead on Florida State (who has 14 first place votes).

FSU will lose to Louisville Thursday night in Louisville, and the 1-2 MSU-Alabama game will be set up. Auburn and Oregon round out the top five.

Ole Miss drops to 7th.

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2014, 01:40 PM
I'm hoping Bama climbs as high as possible. That game will be a war, but should we play well and lose, a loss AT Bama will look really really good on our resume as our only loss.

It would be the best loss of anyone, with perhaps the exception of ND at FSU, but I think ND will lose another game.

If our only loss is at Bama and we don't makes the SEC Championship game, I think we stand a good chance of still making the playoff.

bluelightstar
10-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Except it's better to lose early than late, and a mid-November loss to Alabama is going to be tough to recover from unless they lose again and we go to Atlanta.

There's such a logjam of 1-loss teams right now that it's really difficult to even try and predict how all that would shake out. Let's just go 12-0 and leave nothing to chance.

I seen it dawg
10-26-2014, 01:45 PM
Well how bout we just go ahead and win.

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2014, 01:51 PM
Except it's better to lose early than late, and a mid-November loss to Alabama is going to be tough to recover from unless they lose again and we go to Atlanta.

There's such a logjam of 1-loss teams right now that it's really difficult to even try and predict how all that would shake out. Let's just go 12-0 and leave nothing to chance.

I think it's obvious that we want to go 12-0. I'm just saying that the higher Bama goes in the rankings, the better IMO. It only helps us.

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2014, 01:52 PM
Well how bout we just go ahead and win.

Great idea!!!!

bluelightstar
10-26-2014, 02:03 PM
I think it's obvious that we want to go 12-0. I'm just saying that the higher Bama goes in the rankings, the better IMO. It only helps us.

It's better for us if Alabama and Auburn/LSU keep winning. There was a debate on this last night, where the only thing on ND's resume is a "good loss" -- not a good win. What really helps us is if LSU and Auburn prove to be really good.

I hope LSU beats Bama in 2 weeks. Once they have no national title hopes to play for, we should get them in one of their "nothing left to play for" games.

TUSK
10-26-2014, 02:08 PM
I'm hoping Bama climbs as high as possible. That game will be a war, but should we play well and lose, a loss AT Bama will look really really good on our resume as our only loss.

It would be the best loss of anyone, with perhaps the exception of ND at FSU, but I think ND will lose another game.

If our only loss is at Bama and we don't makes the SEC Championship game, I think we stand a good chance of still making the playoff.

good points, Shotgun...

the MSU@Bammer loser better hope it's 1) a close loss and 2 of the following happen:

2) Oregon loses a 2nd game... Unlikely
3) TCU loses a 2nd game... WV/KSU winning the Big 12 would be great...
4) ND loses a 2nd game... @USC is a possible, as is @ASU and L'ville...
5) Michigan St. loses a game... they host Ohio State.

Goat Holder
10-26-2014, 02:08 PM
Realistically, we have to know it's not likely that we win out. Auburn is our best friend right now. Let's say we drop a game, whether it's Alabama or Ole Miss. If they win out, we go to Atlanta. War Eagle. It's not unreasonable, at this point, to expect us to win one of those games, even though they are on the road.

For all you fairies that say,"Quit being a p*ssy we can win out LOLzzzz!111", well no, that's not very likely. Just keepin' it real. Need to give ourselves other advantages. Unfortunately, Auburn must go on the road to Oxford and Tuscaloosa. Maybe LSU can drop them next week in Baton Rouge.

I seen it dawg
10-26-2014, 02:13 PM
Realistically, we have to know it's not likely that we win out. Auburn is our best friend right now. Let's say we drop a game, whether it's Alabama or Ole Miss. If they win out, we go to Atlanta. War Eagle. It's not unreasonable, at this point, to expect us to win one of those games, even though they are on the road.

For all you fairies that say,"Quit being a p*ssy we can win out LOLzzzz!111", well no, that's not very likely. Just keepin' it real. Need to give ourselves other advantages. Unfortunately, Auburn must go on the road to Oxford and Tuscaloosa. Maybe LSU can drop them next week in Baton Rouge.

The only advantage we can give ourselves is to win out. We gonna go help the other teams win their games? That's fairy thinking

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2014, 02:42 PM
good points, Shotgun...

the MSU@Bammer loser better hope it's 1) a close loss and 2 of the following happen:

2) Oregon loses a 2nd game... Unlikely
3) TCU loses a 2nd game... WV/KSU winning the Big 12 would be great...
4) ND loses a 2nd game... @USC is a possible, as is @ASU and L'ville...
5) Michigan St. loses a game... they host Ohio State.

Tusk,

This would bring about great debate and criticism.

How could the committee justify not putting a one loss MSU team with big wins all over the schedule and a loss at Bama, in favor of an Oregon team that lost at home to Arizona?

TCU, ND, and TCU all have good losses. If they are conference champs, I could understand. Oregon over us would be BS.