PDA

View Full Version : Did LSU have 12 on the field when the Bears got the delay of game penalty?

M.Fillmore
10-26-2014, 11:59 AM
Beaver claimed in the post-game interview that they shouldn't have gotten the delay of game penalty because LSU had 12 players on the field. True or false?

Of course Beaver never mentioned the Offensive Pass Interference that wasn't called. Both Yellum and Harrison said it should have been called.

whosyourdawgy
10-26-2014, 12:03 PM
Don't know about the 12 men on the field but Mack definitely pulled the db down and shoulda been called for interference

SDDawg
10-26-2014, 12:04 PM
I thought I saw LSU bringing another guy on the field but that was the 11th player, the other player was already off. Could be wrong though, didn't try to rewind and watch it again.

BulldogDX55
10-26-2014, 12:09 PM
I could be wrong, but isn't 12 men on the field only a penalty if the ball is snapped?

Pokerdawg44
10-26-2014, 12:13 PM
I think he was referring to ole miss having 12 players on the field. Not sure but I think he was saying thats why the delay of game penalty occurred. Of course the way he worded, we didn't snap it bc we thought THEY had 12 players on the field. So it sounds like THEY, the om players messed that up. Not bucky

If Lsu had 12 players, you'd want to snap it

thf24
10-26-2014, 12:25 PM
I could be wrong, but isn't 12 men on the field only a penalty if the ball is snapped?

I think that's correct, not like offense where it's a penalty if you have 12 when guys start lining up.

Dawgheadcheese
10-26-2014, 12:29 PM
Just another pathetic excuse from Freeze. He shouldn't have been worried about whether they had 12 on the field or not. He should have run the play - made the kick. If they had 12 on the field, they would have been flagged by the official. It was another example of his poor coaching in big games. That is why I continue to say - I hope he stays at OM for many years to come. I have no fear of his coaching.