PDA

View Full Version : Spirit is calling for Luke's head

AlSwearengen
10-26-2014, 11:27 AM
and there are a few that look past Hugh's ahem, recruiting and see his boneheaded decisions and aren't sure about him either. They have had a minority over there since the beginning that aren't on board with Freeze as a game coach.

Jacksondevildog
10-26-2014, 11:44 AM
And then there's this from the Spirit:

Guys LSU rushed the field after beating us!!

OleBlue1
Scout Subscriber
Ole Miss Legend
2496 posts this site
Ignore this Member
Nominate | Report
Posted: Today 11:42 AM

When's the last time that has that happened with anybody beating us. We have arrived!!!

ScottH
10-26-2014, 11:52 AM
And then there's this from the Spirit:
When's the last time that has that happened with anybody beating us. We have arrived!!!

I am reminded of two of my favorite professors sayings:

1. More fluff than stuff.
2. Reality be damned. Perception is all that matters.

IMissJack
10-26-2014, 11:52 AM
Since they rushed the field beating us 2 years ago, I guess we arrived first...?

engie
10-26-2014, 12:14 PM
and there are a few that look past Hugh's ahem, recruiting and see his boneheaded decisions and aren't sure about him either. They have had a minority over there since the beginning that aren't on board with Freeze as a game coach.

Well, at least they are being consistent on this one, since the gave us hell and blamed Hev/Mullen for us being thin on the OL in year 3. Them being thin isn't anymore on Luke than ours was on Hev IMO

Matt Luke is a tremendous OL coach and a very good recruiter that bleeds red and blue. It would make my day if they ran him out of town. Surprised the Spirit is letting this kinda talk go with the likelihood it'll be pasted to every recruit around...

Jacksondevildog
10-26-2014, 12:15 PM
The quandary with Ole Miss fans is that they will acknowledge that they have a shitty coach, but want to keep him there if he's a "good recruiter".

IMissJack
10-26-2014, 12:25 PM
Definitely bleeds red and blue. I'm surprised they have turned on him like that, it's not like he forgot how to coach this year.

SDDawg
10-26-2014, 12:26 PM
To OM fans, a "good coach" starts with recruiting and ends with player development and execution on the field. What they continue to miss (and I'm glad to see it!) is that good coaching starts with coaching and player development, and ends with recruiting. And over time, players come to play for coaches that demonstrate that. You need talent to win and players have to execute on the field but if the coaching isn't there none of it matters. Nowhere on the planet have good players been able to win championships with incompetent coaching. It simply doesn't happen at the elite level and why OM fans think they'll be the exception is beyond me.

coastdoglover
10-26-2014, 01:31 PM
Matt knows the Ole Miss way. He was part of it when Tubberville got some of the reb faithful to pay his way his Freshman year to save a scholarship when the rebs were limited due to NCAA penalties. Was odd since he was recruited by numerous schools. He may be a good offensive line coach but he holds the bag as good as anybody on the reb staff and history has proved it. Just ask anybody in West Point about what he did last year trying to steal our recruit. I hope they keep him but the facts remain, Freezus is in charge.

Well, at least they are being consistent on this one, since the gave us hell and blamed Hev/Mullen for us being thin on the OL in year 3. Them being thin isn't anymore on Luke than ours was on Hev IMO

Matt Luke is a tremendous OL coach and a very good recruiter that bleeds red and blue. It would make my day if they ran him out of town. Surprised the Spirit is letting this kinda talk go with the likelihood it'll be pasted to every recruit around...

Todd4State
10-26-2014, 01:50 PM
Matt knows the Ole Miss way. He was part of it when Tubberville got some of the reb faithful to pay his way his Freshman year to save a scholarship when the rebs were limited due to NCAA penalties. Was odd since he was recruited by numerous schools. He may be a good offensive line coach but he holds the bag as good as anybody on the reb staff and history has proved it. Just ask anybody in West Point about what he did last year trying to steal our recruit. I hope they keep him but the facts remain, Freezus is in charge.

And I need to mention that it is illegal for boosters to pay for a guy to walk-on.

It's odd to me that Luke is getting a ton of flack for this. What about the running backs coach? What about Bo for making some awful decision? What about Freeze?

MaxedOutMaroon
10-26-2014, 02:21 PM
Sorry for my lack of OM knowledge, but who's Luke?

AlSwearengen
10-26-2014, 02:28 PM
Sorry for my lack of OM knowledge, but who's Luke?

Matt Luke. Former olemiss olineman and longtime Oline coach under a few different rebel head coaches. Obviously, coastdoglover and others know more than I do, but it makes sense that Luke is onboard with the rebel way. That explains why he is always on staff regardless of the who the head coach is.

IMissJack
10-26-2014, 02:41 PM
Is he Tommy Luke's (QB) brother? Keo Coleman says Hi!

coastdoglover
10-26-2014, 03:55 PM
His dad is Tom Luke and brother is Tommy Luke. He is tied into the old rebel guard recruiting machine and his mom was overheard one time telling folks " MSU is nothing but trailor trash". Whole family personifies the plantation mentality.

Is he Tommy Luke's (QB) brother? Keo Coleman says Hi!

HereComesTheSpiral
10-26-2014, 05:02 PM
I would go after their S&C coach seeing how their OL looks like 50 pounds of shit in a 10 pound sack

Mutt the Hoople
10-26-2014, 09:18 PM
To OM fans, a "good coach" starts with recruiting and ends with player development and execution on the field. What they continue to miss (and I'm glad to see it!) is that good coaching starts with coaching and player development, and ends with recruiting. And over time, players come to play for coaches that demonstrate that. You need talent to win and players have to execute on the field but if the coaching isn't there none of it matters. Nowhere on the planet have good players been able to win championships with incompetent coaching. It simply doesn't happen at the elite level and why OM fans think they'll be the exception is beyond me.
Apparently you never heard of the 1995 Dallas Cowboys. Let this sink in- Barry Switzer has more Super Bowl victories than Bud Grant, Marv Levy, and Dan Reeves combined.

Johnson85
10-27-2014, 09:17 AM
He may be a good offensive line coach but he holds the bag as good as anybody on the reb staff and history has proved it. Just ask anybody in West Point about what he did last year trying to steal our recruit. I hope they keep him but the facts remain, Freezus is in charge.

Do any coaches ever get involved with bags anymore? I find it hard to believe that they would be that sloppy at this point. He may coordinate with their bagmen, but surely no coach actually touches them at this point.