PDA

View Full Version : What do UCA and/or USA have left pitching wise

PMDawg
06-02-2013, 04:10 PM
I just hope Lindgren can keep from totally shitting the bed again so we can still be within striking distance when he gets yanked. I pray he can make it out of the first. If he gives us 4, we probably win. That's a sad sentence to have to type.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2013, 04:13 PM
UCA has only thrown 1 guy today...so they probably have a midweek guy left.

They just extended the lead to 2-0 with a man on 3rd and 1 out.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2013, 04:15 PM
3-0. We will be facing the Bears for a 5th time this season.

The Croom Diaries
06-02-2013, 04:18 PM
UCA used Biggerstaff yesterday, and he had a complete game vs. us in Game 3 of the regular season series. I'm thinking they are running on fumes starting pitching wise.

I don't care what Lindgren does as long as he doesn't allow the game to get away. I would seriously take him out at the first sign of trouble. Bracewell is fresh, Girodo and Holder should be good to go. Gentry is fresh, Cox too. No reason to allow Lindgren to implode.

gravedigger
06-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Absolutely. But there could be a second game. Can't go all South Carolina Friday night.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2013, 04:26 PM
ESPN guys just said UCA has only used 5 pitchers through 3 games in this Regional. So they are not in too bad of shape. They can probably use everybody except the 3 starters they've used.

PMDawg
06-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Well, if it comes down to bullpen vs bullpen, I like our chances. I like our odds against their #5 starter too, should it come to that.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2013, 04:30 PM
Stolen from 615dawg on SPS, regarding what UCA has left as far as pitching...

Gilmore has already gone 8 innings today, so he's out.

McClanahan went 5 2/3 Friday and threw 92 pitches. Doubt he could be available tonight.
Enrole threw 111 pitches yesterday over 6 innings. Probably not available tonight or Monday.
Biggerstaff threw five innings and 74 pitches. Doubt he is available tonight.
Clayton threw 26 pitches over 2 1/3 Friday night and was fairly effective. He's probably available.

So here are the pitchers that we could see tonight.

Pitchers with at least three starts that could start-
RHP Ethan McKinzie (3-2, 2.11 ERA, 21K in 42 IP)
RHP Clint Green (4-2, 3.25 ERA, 17K in 44 IP)
LHP Zach Barr (2-0, 3.38 ERA, 16K in 16 IP)

Nothing earth shattering available tonight, but Biggerstaff and McClanahan could be available in a Monday night game. We need to wrap this one up.

The Croom Diaries
06-02-2013, 04:53 PM
ESPN guys just said UCA has only used 5 pitchers through 3 games in this Regional. So they are not in too bad of shape. They can probably use everybody except the 3 starters they've used.

They've actually used 4 starters. Biggerstaff was their #3. So they should be throwing the #5 starter tonight and if it goes to tomorrow, #6 starter. I can't imagine they have that much pitching depth and we've been hitting pretty well.

CadaverDawg
06-02-2013, 04:58 PM
They are starting Ethan McKinzie. He came in and closed out their 10 inning victory over us earlier this year...threw 1 scoreless against us. His stats are in my above post.