PDA

View Full Version : WMD's Armchair QB......

War Machine Dawg
10-26-2014, 09:40 AM
Gents, the Here Kitty Kitty Edition of ACQB is available at FWTCT (http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2014/10/26/7071379/wmd-armchair-qb-here-kitty-kitty-edition-mississippi-state-bulldogs-kentucky-wildcats-dak-prescott). You all know the drill. Fire in the hole!

thf24
10-26-2014, 10:11 AM
I already commented this on the article, but even though I understand Mullen's hesitation to kick Sobiesk at that distance given his limited range, I can't believe he'd consider sending out our freshman PUNTER for his first ever field goal attempt, on the road and in a critical situation, a better option than either going for it or taking a delay of game and pooch punting. Head scratcher of the day for me.

drunkernhelldawg
10-26-2014, 10:27 AM
Glad you mentioned that Will Redmond play. We are seriously at risk without that play.

I'm mad that Mullen didn't let Sobiesk try that field goal. We have the stupidest kicking strategy I've ever seen regarding fg's.

mcain31
10-26-2014, 10:29 AM
J-Beast averaged over 10 ypc. 198/19=10.4

archdog
10-26-2014, 10:33 AM
Redmond was lights out all day. They avoided his side of the field for the most part.

1bigdawg
10-26-2014, 10:46 AM
Couple of notes: Towles had not been running the ball. I believe he had 9 carries before our game. I don't know if they saw a weakness in game film or just went with what was working. I, too, am disappointed with the lack of an adjustment and really hope this is not a weakness going forward as Towles is not significantly more athletic than most QBs we play.

Towles is a redshirt Soph. We will see him next year in Starkville but he has the kind of arm and family history to go pro before his senior season.

One of the licks against Dak was just above the thigh pad. I hope he does not have a deep bruise there/ worry about that more than the ankle thing.

Play calling: I think Mullen kept trying to go for the kill and it did not work. Dak has had two "off" games in a row - and the offense has still rolled.

RTGDF

Any win is a good win. Hail State!

War Machine Dawg
10-26-2014, 10:51 AM
J-Beast averaged over 10 ypc. 198/19=10.4

ESPN box score had him at 8.6, which is where I got the number

bluelightstar
10-26-2014, 10:51 AM
Play calling: I think Mullen kept trying to go for the kill and it did not work. Dak has had two "off" games in a row - and the offense has still rolled.

RTGDF

Agree -- the playcalling was very impatient on some of those drives. It ended up not mattering but for example, our first drive of the second half opened with 3 straight passes (2 incomplete).

bluelightstar
10-26-2014, 10:52 AM
ESPN box score had him at 8.6, which is where I got the number

I believe he had 23 carries. 198/23 = 8.6

War Machine Dawg
10-26-2014, 10:54 AM
Glad you mentioned that Will Redmond play. We are seriously at risk without that play.

I'm mad that Mullen didn't let Sobiesk try that field goal. We have the stupidest kicking strategy I've ever seen regarding fg's.

Totally agree. Our entire "kicking strategy" is utter garbage. I just hope our game in Tuscaloosa doesn't wind up coming down to us needing to make a long FG.

defiantdog
10-26-2014, 10:55 AM
Couple of notes: Towles had not been running the ball. I believe he had 9 carries before our game. I don't know if they saw a weakness in game film or just went with what was working. I, too, am disappointed with the lack of an adjustment and really hope this is not a weakness going forward as Towles is not significantly more athletic than most QBs we play.

Towles is a redshirt Soph. We will see him next year in Starkville but he has the kind of arm and family history to go pro before his senior season.

One of the licks against Dak was just above the thigh pad. I hope he does not have a deep bruise there/ worry about that more than the ankle thing.

RTGDF

We held Nick Marshall in check for the most part. So I wouldn't say a mobile qb is our weakness. We didn't seem too set on stopping Towles. I think we were giving them that cushion trying to stop the long ball (didn't quite work out for us). Towles simply had the game of his life.... props to him.

And I will say, we need to stop bitching so much about the 1a and 1b shit. Yes, it sucks watching our guys get burned in the first half. But our DL and LBs were still fresh in the 4th quarter. JRob carried the Kentucky defenders because they were getting tired.

One last note, we all should be apologizing to Hack for supporting Redmond when we all bashed him at the beginning of the season. That guy is legit and easily our best db. He completely shut down whoever he was defending each play.

War Machine Dawg
10-26-2014, 10:56 AM
I believe he had 23 carries. 198/23 = 8.6

That would explain it. ESPN effed up the carries.

War Machine Dawg
10-26-2014, 02:28 PM
Sunday afternoon bump.

defiantdog
10-26-2014, 02:54 PM
Looking at the game again.... We played very similar to the South Alabama game.