PDA

View Full Version : Should Gabe Myles be returning kickoffs?

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2014, 09:24 AM
I have been underwhelmed by our abilities in this area, and I believe Gabe Myles possesses the best skill set that we have for it.

He is fast enough and has a burst to hit the hole, big enough to break a tackle, elusive enough to make the one cut that matters, and smart enough to not do anything dumb.

What do you guys think?

Political Hack
10-26-2014, 09:26 AM
Will should be returning everything.

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2014, 09:32 AM
Will should be returning everything.

I can't debate this. I just don't know Will's skill set with the ball in his hands.

archdog
10-26-2014, 09:34 AM
Will and Miles should both be down there. Change it up until we find lightning.

Political Hack
10-26-2014, 09:37 AM
Will and Miles should both be down there. Change it up until we find lightning.

agree.

TrapGame
10-26-2014, 09:38 AM
Should be a rotation of solid hands guys with some speed. I like Graham but I think other guys may perform better.

Political Hack
10-26-2014, 09:38 AM
I can't debate this. I just don't know Will's skill set with the ball in his hands.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XAWJVDOMFLQ

Maroonthirteen
10-26-2014, 11:40 AM
There needs to be a change for sure. As it is now, It is either a fair catch or fumble.

DanDority
10-26-2014, 11:58 AM
I have been underwhelmed by our abilities in this area, and I believe Gabe Myles possesses the best skill set that we have for it.

He is fast enough and has a burst to hit the hole, big enough to break a tackle, elusive enough to make the one cut that matters, and smart enough to not do anything dumb.

What do you guys think?

Some how this tread has morphed into a punt return thread instead of kickoff like it was when it was started. I do agree with you Shotgun I like the idea of Myles retuning kickoffs. In my opinion Holloway should never touch the ball, even on Offense. He has yet to show that he has any kind of special speed or the ability to make someone miss.

NCDawg
10-26-2014, 12:25 PM
Holloway seemed very tentative on the KO return. We need someone who will run hard with authority on the KO.

CadaverDawg
10-26-2014, 12:39 PM
I don't want Will returning kicks, because I don't want our best DB getting hurt. Put Fred Ross, Gabe Myles, Jamoral Graham, or Fred Brown back there, but don't get Will any unecessary hits IMO.

And while we're at it, please quit putting Holloway and Robet Johnson back there.....Holloway is going to get broken in half or fumble, or both, and Robert Johnson can't return because he's slow so he's out there lead blocking for a 5'8 tip toer that never takes advantage of his speed because he never reaches a dead run. I can already tell that Brandon Holloway's career will seem like it lasted 12 years when all is said and done. He seems like a good kid, but I'm so tired of seeing him take carries/returns away from more talented players. Oh well.

justwin
10-26-2014, 04:08 PM
Yes! That and punt returns. He's Randall Cobb 2.0, but a little tsller

What do you guys think?

raymond21
10-26-2014, 05:42 PM
He got injured yesterday, anyone know any details