PDA

View Full Version : Mike Peria, former head of NFL officials and Fox Sports analyst rips SEC

Dawgowar
10-26-2014, 08:29 AM
Officials. I have noticed the use of communications as well, but not like this. Not sure I buy everything he is saying but it warrants the league responding to the accusations.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/alabama-tennessee-sec-officiating-replay-review-102514

BeastMan
10-26-2014, 08:34 AM
I think he's right

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2014, 08:43 AM
Wow!

Mike Pereira is the former director of officiating in the NFL. He wouldn't write this article on a hunch. We've always known that SEC officiating was dirty, this only confirms it.

archdog
10-26-2014, 09:04 AM
Not buying it. They miss way too many calls to have someone looking over their shoulder on every call.

I seen it dawg
10-26-2014, 09:23 AM
Good article

BulldogDX55
10-26-2014, 09:49 AM
Not buying it. They miss way too many calls to have someone looking over their shoulder on every call.

After reading the article, I don't think that's the problem- it is the fact that if this is true, it is very selectively being applied. That opens a big window for potential abuse.

bluelightstar
10-26-2014, 09:55 AM
Dirty? In one of his two examples, we're the beneficiaries. And I disagree, it looks absolutely like he's writing this on a hunch. Much ado about nothing.

TUSK
10-26-2014, 12:02 PM
"But now it appears the SEC has someone that nobody else has -- a mystery man. I’m not sure where he is, but he’s providing information to the officials on the field. If the SEC denies it, they’re not telling the truth."

here ya go:

http://media.al.com/sports_impact/photo/10274578-large.jpg

Dawgowar
10-26-2014, 12:27 PM
"But now it appears the SEC has someone that nobody else has -- a mystery man. I?m not sure where he is, but he?s providing information to the officials on the field. If the SEC denies it, they?re not telling the truth."

here ya go:

http://media.al.com/sports_impact/photo/10274578-large.jpg

F'n knew it. He's telepathic too! Bastard. Cheating referee communicating bastard.

M.Fillmore
10-26-2014, 01:09 PM
Dick Pace says there is nothing to see here, move along.

TUSK
10-26-2014, 01:22 PM
F'n knew it. He's telepathic too! Bastard. Cheating referee communicating bastard.

I would appreciate it if you made mention of the lasers that come from My Dark Lord's eyes, as well...

ScoobaDawg
10-26-2014, 01:40 PM
Its a great point and should be looked at but i doubt it does..depending on how much fuss this article can cause.
He writes about two penalties thrown that were told to be picked up. Next time you see what could be considered a late flag thrown on a PI, holding, or anything else.. Did the eye in the sky tell him to throw the flag?

I seen it dawg
10-26-2014, 01:50 PM
I think the point was that during the officials huddles they have some communication from somewhere. It's impossible during the game action to listen to someone chirping in their ear and throw a flag on what they hear to make it look natural.

Dawgowar
10-26-2014, 03:29 PM
I would appreciate it if you made mention of the lasers that come from My Dark Lord's eyes, as well...

Okay. Okay.

"F'n knew it. He's telepathic too! Bastard. Cheating referee communicating bastard with eyes that send forth bastardly laser beams"