PDA

View Full Version : Is LSU really better now than when we played them?

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2014, 01:03 AM
Was just sitting on the crapper contemplating this.

1. LSU got destroyed by Auburn a mere 3 weeks ago. So all this so called "improvement" must have taken place over the past 21 days.

2. I will agree that Leonard Fournette has improved in the last 21 days.

3. Jennings showed nothing tonight that indicated he has improved.

4. LSU had 4 turnovers

5. It has been well known that LSU's secondary is the strength of their defense, and that the middle of their defense is the weak spot. Basically teams have been able to run on them. Since Ole Miss hasn't been able to run on anyone, they were one demensional and that demension matched upped perfectly to the strength of LSU's defense. So how do we really know if LSU's defense got better when they faced a team that had no ability to exploit their known weakness?

Conclusion: Due to some of their younger players getting experience, LSU is most likely slightly better than when we faced them, but only slightly. They are still an average team this year that is one demensional and struggles to stop power running teams. Ole Miss' problem wasn't that LSU has gotten better, Ole Miss' problem is that they can't run the football. For if they could, the final score tonight would have been Ole Miss 24-10 and everyone would be talking about how much LSU sucks.

Break down LSU's team tonight an you'll realize they are virtually no better than when we played them.

If you do think LSU is significantly better than when we played them, feel free to elaborate on the particular part of their team that has drastically improved.

mstatefan91
10-26-2014, 01:20 AM
The defense has improve some. The offense is still the same.

The difference is that UM cannot run the ball, and they are weak against the run.

MetEdDawg
10-26-2014, 07:24 AM
You had to know that eventually a combination of bad Bo and not being able to run the football would catch up to them. In Baton Rouge at night it happened and they finally paid for it.

I've been saying as have many others their offense sucks. They are a chunk scoring team. They get yards and plays in chunks and that's how they score. Give them a long field and make them continuously drive the ball down the field to score and they can't do it. I think if we eliminate the chunk plays we can beat them by 14+.

Not only can we score (34 is our lowest total points in a game this year) but our DL can get pressure on any team. We have 28 sacks this year for an average of 4 per game. Bad Bo loves to come out and play when teams get pressure and we certainly have the guys to make that happen.

DownwardDawg
10-26-2014, 07:47 AM
If LSU would have given us 4 turnovers last night, we would have beaten them by 21 in Death Valley last night. It would have been just as easy as it was the 1st time. We would have easily beat either of those teams last night. That's assuming we didn't play our worst game of the year like we did against UK.

AlSwearengen
10-26-2014, 08:03 AM
The defense has improve some. The offense is still the same.

The difference is that UM cannot run the ball, and they are weak against the run.

Spot on.

Political Hack
10-26-2014, 08:08 AM
Tiger Stadium on Saturday got better.***

I seen it dawg
10-26-2014, 08:17 AM
They are growing up. Before the season it was said it will be much better to play them early than late due to their young talent gaining experience. We would still beat them now because Jennings is a bad QB and we wouldn't let them gash us like OM did. And we are 2 dimensional on offense.

Jack Lambert
10-26-2014, 08:38 AM
Ole Miss has a small D line and I don't think they have as much debth as the says.

IMissJack
10-26-2014, 08:58 AM
I think they are some better, but they were totally shocked at what MSU did to them that night. Les had no idea that he couldn't run the ball on us, or that we would run the ball on them like we did. They have changed some personnel up the middle on D, which has helped. But, their Defense was I believe the 4th best pass defense in the league. So OM, who can't run was going up against a good pass defense.

Intramural All-American
10-26-2014, 09:01 AM
They have improved, we would still roll them, though.

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2014, 09:08 AM
I think they are some better, but they were totally shocked at what MSU did to them that night. Les had no idea that he couldn't run the ball on us, or that we would run the ball on them like we did. They have changed some personnel up the middle on D, which has helped. But, their Defense was I believe the 4th best pass defense in the league. So OM, who can't run was going up against a good pass defense.

Auburn rolled them 21 days ago, and OM can't run the ball. I'm not sure how we would know that the middle of their defense is any better

elitedawgs
10-26-2014, 09:19 AM
Is there one RB in the bears stable that scares anyone? They have had some good and great ones in the past, but right now, these 5'8" 175 pound guys don't scare or intimidate anyone, and go down with arm tackles.

Goat Holder
10-26-2014, 10:27 AM
Hell no, at least in general. That is just the Ole Miss party line, don't buy it. All teams improve as the season goes on, and as there is more film on every team the game plans get better. But that goes for everyone, so it is not a valid excuse. Auburn tried to use that as reasoning for us playing them close in 2010 and 2013, they say they "weren't rolling yet". Complete BS.

We wore them out in that same atmosphere. The only thing you may point to as a leveling agent was the fact that we were the underdog when we played them.

bluelightstar
10-26-2014, 10:55 AM
They're better but we would still beat them.

TUSK
10-26-2014, 11:33 AM
LSU has "gelled" some, "grown up", whatever you want to call it... they're not very good, but they are playing better.

Ole Miss is (sans the D) is not very good, either.

TS was the best it's been in a while...