PDA

View Full Version : Health

cheewgumm
10-26-2014, 12:04 AM
Isn't this the biggest thing now for everybody?

BAMA had a lineman go down.
Ole miss u had some guys go down.
Dak looked banged up after the game.
Etc, etc,etc

Managing injuries seems to be the game now.

IMissJack
10-26-2014, 12:06 AM
Yes, had this discussion with an OK grad at work. A good team with fewest impact injuries has big advantage.

msstate7
10-26-2014, 12:07 AM
And we have a physical team coming to town

MarketingBully01
10-26-2014, 12:08 AM
Isn't this the biggest thing now for everybody?

BAMA had a lineman go down.
Ole miss u had some guys go down.
Dak looked banged up after the game.
Etc, etc,etc

Managing injuries seems to be the game now.

Only concerns I saw was Brandon Hill possibly (could have been a cramp) and Dak was limping but I doubt it's anything serious. I think we will be okay. We match up really well with Arkansas and I think we will only play Dak when we have to against UTM.

MarketingBully01
10-26-2014, 12:09 AM
And we have a physical team coming to town

We will beat Arkansas.

msstate7
10-26-2014, 12:12 AM
We will beat Arkansas.

I have no doubt, but will we suffer some injuries in the process. Teams like Arkansas beat you up. Glad we have ten Martin before bama

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2014, 12:14 AM
We need to put everything into beating Arkansas. We match up well and should beat them, but we will HAVE to bring our lunch pale. They are physical and we will have to man up to stop them.

After we beat Arkansas, then I am all for laying the biggest turd, and looking like shit against UT Martin if it means that Dak/JRob rarely have to run the ball. UT Martin needs to be an off week.

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2014, 12:16 AM
The nice thing is that Bama has to play LSU before they play us. Bama will likely beat LSU because LSU can't score enough points, but LSU will be physical and possibly cause Bama some problems and injuries.

An Amari Cooper sprained ankle wouldn't hurt my feelings.

msstate7
10-26-2014, 12:18 AM
The nice thing is that Bama has to play LSU before they play us. Bama will likely beat LSU because LSU can't score enough points, but LSU will be physical and possibly cause Bama some problems and injuries.

An Amari Cooper sprained ankle wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Maybe cooper will stomp some lsu players

Todd4State
10-26-2014, 12:19 AM
I have a feeling that Dak's injury was greatly exaggerated by CBS.

ShotgunDawg
10-26-2014, 12:29 AM

I'm sure Dak is sore, but he wears a boot to class and around campus every week. The national media just doesn't know this

MarketingBully01
10-26-2014, 12:32 AM

Oh yes, Danielson was about as big a prick today as there ever was as far as looking for negative things to say about us.

Dawg61
10-26-2014, 12:36 AM
Maybe cooper will stomp some lsu players

Haha I laughed way too hard at this

Todd4State
10-26-2014, 12:43 AM
Oh yes, Danielson was about as big a prick today as there ever was as far as looking for negative things to say about us.

I'm usually at our game, so I don't watch the game on TV that much. But it just seemed like they were sensationalizing very trivial things.

OH WOW!!!! LOOK AT KENTUCKY!!!! on like a 10 yard pass.

Intramural All-American
10-26-2014, 12:50 AM
Don't know the extent of the injuries, but PJ went to the locker room early in the game but came back in later. He then came out holding his Left arm late in the game.

Jameon went to the locker room late in the game.

Brandon looked hurt pretty badly, and he was barely able to put weight on his left knee.

Dak was limping pretty good towards the end of the game, but I assume he will be good to go.

mstatefan91
10-26-2014, 12:54 AM
Dak has been limping since the Southern Miss game. I wouldn't put too much stock into it. I want him to be healthy but I don't think a leg contusion or fasciatus is going to keep him out.

Intramural All-American
10-26-2014, 12:58 AM
Dak has been limping since the Southern Miss game. I wouldn't put too much stock into it. I want him to be healthy but I don't think a leg contusion or fasciatus is going to keep him out.

Nah, it looked like he got a little rolled up on one play towards the end. He was visibly limping more than previously. However, like I said, I expect him to be fine.

MarketingBully01
10-26-2014, 01:01 AM
Nah, it looked like he got a little rolled up on one play towards the end. He was visibly limping more than previously. However, like I said, I expect him to be fine.

He is going to be fine dude. He is a tough guy. No need to add more fuel to the fire on Dak's health. I imagine we will have chicken littles coming out in full force this week about him.

Intramural All-American
10-26-2014, 01:05 AM
He is going to be fine dude. He is a tough guy. No need to add more fuel to the fire on Dak's health. I imagine we will have chicken littles coming out in full force this week about him.

Holy hell, in both of my posts I said I expect him to be fine. What is the issue here? This is a topic about health, and I am responding with what I saw since I was at the game. I'm not trying to start anything.

mstatefan91
10-26-2014, 01:12 AM

Yeah it's definitely possible that he is a little bit more banged up. I think we will be fine as you said. I've just noticed him limping around a little since the opener. I don't take it as a big deal

Intramural All-American
10-26-2014, 01:18 AM
Yeah it's definitely possible that he is a little bit more banged up. I think we will be fine as you said. I've just noticed him limping around a little since the opener. I don't take it as a big deal

No doubt. He's definitely the least I'm worried about of the ones I noted. Jameon was non-existent tonight and he obviously is still not back to 100%. PJ looked in a lot of pain in his hand/arm but that's tough to judge. But Brandon's looked pretty bad. Hopefully they are all minor. Definitely hoping we can get through Arky and get some guys some rest during HC before Bama.

vv83
10-26-2014, 01:26 AM
Dak is fine