PDA

View Full Version : Dudy Noble Attendance Figures

The Croom Diaries
06-02-2013, 03:12 PM
I've just been watching these games on TV this weekend, but something is up with the attendance figures, they don't make sense. I've heard from several people that were at the SBW game vs. Auburn and both games this weekend and they say there was just as many if not more there this weekend....no way there was a 3K difference (25% more at SBW).

I'm not buying that Stricklin is holding back just to save the money so he doesn't have to send it to the NCAA. We are talking about $30,000 (3,000 x $10) in lieu of blowing every other Regional out of the water by a long shot. With a $60 million athletic budget, $30,000 or even $60,000 over two games is 0.001% of the budget at most. That would be like having $1,000 cash in your wallet and going out of your way to lie just to save $1. So basically I think the "2nd largest crowd ever" in April was a lie. I guess it was Tyler Bratton, I don't know.

I think this makes all our records look dumb. Undoubtedly we have the top crowds, but everything above the 07 Super I'm beginning to believe was a farce. Before this weekend I thought LT just lied about those numbers in that game to save the extra cash, but now maybe he didn't lie there - the real lies are all the other games.

I hate to sound like I'm going against the baseball program here, but I just think it makes us look bad.....like we just pull numbers out of our ass, and when we say we have the top 10 crowds all-time it's just a farce - we might have 4 or 5 of the top 10. Is there something I'm not seeing? Do we have 5 year olds counting tickets I don't know about so we really aren't making it up we are just incapable of counting correctly? Are all the numbers actually accurate I'm just a dumbass?

Coach34
06-02-2013, 03:19 PM
Something does seem up- the TV crew last night was saying there was over 13K. The chairbacks and stands were full- and I know the OF was packed. I just dont know where 3,000 more people could have been

The Croom Diaries
06-02-2013, 03:25 PM
Maybe ticket takers were pocketing the money. I don't know, but it doesn't pass the smell test.

gravedigger
06-02-2013, 03:38 PM
Was at the 14991 and the auburn game this year and last night. I cannot account for specific numbers obviously, but the difference in crowd size of the three games visually was negligible. To say any one of those was far less than the others just means the means of counting has change. And maybe it has. But tickets are scanned now. The numbers should be correct.

The Croom Diaries
06-02-2013, 03:48 PM
Was at the 14991 and the auburn game this year and last night. I cannot account for specific numbers obviously, but the difference in crowd size of the three games visually was negligible. To say any one of those was far less than the others just means the means of counting has change. And maybe it has. But tickets are scanned now. The numbers should be correct.

If they were scanned the last two nights then they were scanned a month and a half ago at SBW so where's the 3K difference?. I'm sure Bratton just wanted to get the all-time top 10 belonging to MSU so he made up a number in April, not accounting for how it would look in a potential Regional. But it seems I am the only one who has seemed to notice so I guess it doesn't matter that much as long as folks buy into it.

Will James
06-02-2013, 03:50 PM
My ticket was tore, not scanned. If they count stubs it wouldn't be an issue but in the line there were 2 people tearing tickets and one scanning.

gravedigger
06-02-2013, 04:13 PM
So my instinct says then that the Sbw was legit and the las to have not been for whatever reason. My son backed up what others said about the first game of the tournament. That there was no way there was 6600 in attendance. I think many times there is just a piss poor way of doing the counting.

Scientifically speaking witha social science research center across the street and the fact that we are benchmark for fan following in baseball there is simply no excuse not to have an accurate way to show how our fan base is the best.

Otherwise if the numbers are "jacked" then they are meaningless.

The Croom Diaries
06-02-2013, 04:28 PM
At whatever rate, they are obviously off as per everyone's eyeballs. So whenever we say we have ____ amount of people at a game, who knows if it's accurate. It seems so rediculous that people say, "oh well there were about 2-3K less or more than that at the game". It's 2013, why can't we count accurately.