PDA

View Full Version : So just curious, do the statistics that show us LAST in the SEC in total defense...

maroonmania
10-25-2014, 09:51 AM
help keep Geoff Collins from being a big time hot HC candidate this year? Would be nice to think we hang onto him for a while longer.

Tbonewannabe
10-25-2014, 09:57 AM
Where are we in Points per game? Our defense yardage is inflated due to our Offense kicking total ass.

maroonmania
10-25-2014, 10:01 AM
Where are we in Points per game? Our defense yardage is inflated due to our Offense kicking total ass.

No doubt that our defense is very good. I was just wondering if the "numbers" that people look at make Collins less attractive as a HC candidate.

CadaverDawg
10-25-2014, 10:06 AM
help keep Geoff Collins from being a big time hot HC candidate this year? Would be nice to think we hang onto him for a while longer.

I think so.....but probably not by much. Right now Dave Wommack has to be one of the best D Coordinator candidates in the country, and if a few bombs in a win over UAB helps us keep Collins, then I'm happy it happened.

I would love nothing more than for these same yahoos to be talking before the National Championship about how FSU should beat us because we have the worst defense in the SEC. They can sit next to the people that want to bash our non conference schedule and by our own that say "we really need to play tougher non-con opponents", and watch us bring home the hardware.

GreenheadDawg
10-25-2014, 10:07 AM
Lets all hope so!

gravedigger
10-25-2014, 10:27 AM
Passing yardage allowed. The 4 plays vs uab, the last 4 min vs LSU and also a&m.

I like the fact that teams perceive us that way.

Coach34
10-25-2014, 11:58 AM
We are 19th in the country in Scoring D- which is 5th in the SEC

Dawg61
10-25-2014, 01:24 PM
Passing yardage allowed. The 4 plays vs uab, the last 4 min vs LSU and also a&m.

I like the fact that teams perceive us that way.

So do I and so does our secondary. We are baiting them into throwing it more. MSU is currently 6th in the nation in interceptions and every single team ahead of us has played one or two more games than us. At this pace we'll lead the nation in interceptions by our defense for the entire year.

Political Hack
10-25-2014, 01:25 PM
our red zone D is near the top. that's the difference.