PDA

View Full Version : Detz

messageboardsuperhero
06-02-2013, 11:17 AM
Is it just me, or does Detz seem to hit the ball better when he's playing DH instead of third? I know some players in MLB hit better as a DH and can stay in the dugout and focus exclusively on hitting. It might just be my imagination, but it seems like Detz is just one of those guys.

Detz is the regional MVP so far IMO.

TopconDog
06-02-2013, 11:32 AM
Is it just me, or does Detz seem to hit the ball better when he's playing DH instead of third? I know some players in MLB hit better as a DH and can stay in the dugout and focus exclusively on hitting. It might just be my imagination, but it seems like Detz is just one of those guys.

Detz is the regional MVP so far IMO.

Wes Rea is your Mvp

bulldogcountry1
06-02-2013, 11:33 AM
Or Mitchell.

It's good that multiple guys have made a case.

Coach34
06-02-2013, 11:40 AM
Detz is really seeing the ball well right now. I hate he is slow or he would be the perfect leadoff hitter.

Original48
06-02-2013, 11:44 AM
And Pirtle, CT, a lot of guys stepping up. I can't imagine the frustration Hunter is feeling or where his head is. But you gotta give it to Detz, Wes, Ross and everybody stepping up in his absence. If he somehow breaks out it could make those other guys even better. Just imagine what we would look like if Hunter caught fire.

Will James
06-02-2013, 11:46 AM
Detz is really seeing the ball well right now. I hate he is slow or he would be the perfect leadoff hitter.

He's our best leadoff hitter anyways.

messageboardsuperhero
06-02-2013, 12:02 PM
I think he's already the best leadoff guy on the team. My lineup at this moment would probably be:

Detz
Frazier (This sets up a great hit and run opportunity. Frazier can hit a groundball to the right side practically whenever he wants.)
Pirtle (Also hitting well)
Rea
Renfroe (Maybe mixing it up could be good)
Bradford
Frost (He's had a great senior year.)
Ammo/Mitch
Henderson (Wouldn't mind seeing Robson get some chances, but Henderson's playing pretty well.)

Will James
06-02-2013, 12:06 PM
I think he's already the best leadoff guy on the team. My lineup at this moment would probably be:

Detz
Frazier (This sets up a great hit and run opportunity. Frazier can hit a groundball to the right side practically whenever he wants.)
Pirtle (Also hitting well)
Rea
Renfroe (Maybe mixing it up could be good)
Bradford
Frost (He's had a great senior year.)
Ammo/Mitch
Henderson (Wouldn't mind seeing Robson get some chances, but Henderson's playing pretty well.)

I'd swap Porter for Frost, but this is ideal.

messageboardsuperhero
06-02-2013, 12:16 PM
The more I think about it, the more sense it makes to bat Detz leadoff followed by Frazier. More speed from Detz would be nice, but we rarely score from second on a single anyway, regardless of whose running. Plus, ideally Detz would be at third after a successful hit and run from Frazier.

Political Hack
06-02-2013, 12:20 PM
unless you plan on squeezing with Renfroe at bat, Detz should bat right in front of him, not 2 spots ahead. If they'd go Detz, Frazier, Pirtle that would be pretty solid in terms of getting RISP for the 4 & 5 holes.

Will James
06-02-2013, 12:21 PM
The more I think about it, the more sense it makes to bat Detz leadoff followed by Frazier. More speed from Detz would be nice, but we rarely score from second on a single anyway, regardless of whose running. Plus, ideally Detz would be at third after a successful hit and run from Frazier.

It makes sense because he has 65 points of OBP on Frazier. Just let Frazier hit his line drives over the shortstop. Dont like hit and runs at the top of the order.

Original48
06-02-2013, 01:05 PM
If they'd go Detz, Frazier, Pirtle that would be pretty solid in terms of getting RISP for the 4 & 5 holes.
Back to Renfroe with this..I certainly wouldn't mind Frazier, Detz, Pirtle, Rea, Renfroe. I know Cohen does not want Hunter to think he's lost faith in him..but may be the thing to jump start him. Hunter himself was switching up bats every other plate appearance the other night..he was trying something different, no reason not to try something else.

But then again..changing up the lineup could mess up the rhythm of those guys who ARE toting the load right now. Ive got lots more thinking to do.

Marooned
06-02-2013, 01:11 PM
****ing this. Considering we can't do shit till we have outs on the board Detz has been tearing it up.