PDA

View Full Version : FoxSports1 trying to pimp Mariota for the Heisman...hard....

CadaverDawg
10-24-2014, 10:16 PM
They just put up a Heisman Watch thing that only showed passing stats, so of course Mariota had 6 more TD's and about 30 yds more a game. Here's the pic I took (if it works)...click to enlarge

At least they still had Dak #1, but I hate when they don't tell the whole story about a player. That's why the West coast thinks there's an SEC bias....because they're not being told the whole truth.

bluelightstar
10-24-2014, 10:23 PM
Not surprising considering FS1 and the Pac-12. They did at least discuss how good Dak was -- but I also noticed the YPG and TD stat.

CadaverDawg
10-24-2014, 10:24 PM
Not surprising considering FS1 and the Pac-12.

Yea, not surprised, I just wish they would make the case for Mariota using all the facts. Don't mislead people.

messageboardsuperhero
10-24-2014, 10:27 PM
I'd love to see what Dak's stats would look like if he got to go up against the defenses Mariota does every week.

Outside of Stanford, it would be like playing A&M about eight times.

CadaverDawg
10-24-2014, 10:32 PM
I'd love to see what Dak's stats would look like if he got to go up against the defenses Mariota does every week.

Outside of Stanford, it would be like playing A&M about eight times.

No doubt. There's still 8 minutes left in the 1st half and there's already been 45 points scored in this game.

msstate7
10-24-2014, 10:33 PM
Utah gonna beat Oregon

Floridawg
10-24-2014, 10:53 PM
Brando keeps referring to him as the Heisman front runner.

CadaverDawg
10-24-2014, 10:56 PM

Mariota just threw a pick. It was tipped, but it was still a pick.

GrassOfDWS
10-24-2014, 11:00 PM
Mariota just threw a pick. It was tipped, but it was still a pick.

It was tipped, but tipped because he threw a terrible pass.

msstate7
10-24-2014, 11:01 PM
We would rape Oregon.

messageboardsuperhero
10-24-2014, 11:04 PM

I'm surprised he didn't call Bo Wallace the frontrunner.**

Seriously though, this Cal defense might be the worst Power 5 D I've ever seen. They are dead last in opponent's PPG in the entire country.

BeardoMSU
10-24-2014, 11:09 PM
I love how they always just show passing stats when comparing all the front runner QB's, rather than total yards, total TD's, etc. This trophy is Dak's to lose, and its not close.

Quaoarsking
10-25-2014, 12:31 AM
Oregon's defense is garbage -- I'd love to face them in the playoffs.

If we're 12-0, I want Notre Dame, Oregon, and Michigan State in the playoff with us.

TUSK
10-25-2014, 12:37 AM
Oregon's defense is garbage -- I'd love to face them in the playoffs.

If we're 12-0, I want Notre Dame, Oregon, and Michigan State in the playoff with us.

You're NC game is already on your schedule...

You cats are in a GREAT situation.

Dawg61
10-25-2014, 12:51 AM
MM has 29 touchdowns and 1 interception. Looks like it's just a two man race at this point. Could still change.

msstate7
10-25-2014, 06:26 AM
MM has 29 touchdowns and 1 interception. Looks like it's just a two man race at this point. Could still change.

Oregon will face 1 top 20 scoring defense.

We've already faced 2 and will face 2 more

I seen it dawg
10-25-2014, 06:48 AM
Dak will win it. The gauntlet he is going to run thru and make his bitch isn't over.

QuadrupleOption
10-25-2014, 07:15 AM
You're NC game is already on your schedule...

You cats are in a GREAT situation.

Yep. If we can win in Tuscaloosa and Oxford, I'm not worried about any other team in the country at that point.

Bucky Dog
10-25-2014, 07:38 AM
They just put up a Heisman Watch thing that only showed passing stats, so of course Mariota had 6 more TD's and about 30 yds more a game. Here's the pic I took (if it works)...click to enlarge

At least they still had Dak #1, but I hate when they don't tell the whole story about a player. That's why the West coast thinks there's an SEC bias....because they're not being told the whole truth.

We talked about this last night when we saw the same stats put up. Completely misleading but I get what they were doing. IMO is the Heisman winner is THE MVP of his tea and the nation. Such as, Mariota may be that good because of the system he is in, players around him, and the shitty defenses they play. Whereas Dak is the leader for our team and one of the main reasons we are where we are at. Not the only reason but if he goes done we are just better than .500, but if Mariota goes down there may be a game or two lost because of it. Dak is the difference maker!!

thunderclap
10-25-2014, 08:27 AM
You're NC game is already on your schedule..

Well said.

dawgs
10-25-2014, 09:03 AM
We talked about this last night when we saw the same stats put up. Completely misleading but I get what they were doing. IMO is the Heisman winner is THE MVP of his tea and the nation. Such as, Mariota may be that good because of the system he is in, players around him, and the shitty defenses they play. Whereas Dak is the leader for our team and one of the main reasons we are where we are at. Not the only reason but if he goes done we are just better than .500, but if Mariota goes down there may be a game or two lost because of it. Dak is the difference maker!!

Huh? Both dak and Mariota are leaders that benefit from their systems and both teams are likely screwed if either of them go down.

CadaverDawg
10-25-2014, 09:07 AM
Huh? Both dak and Mariota are leaders that benefit from their systems and both teams are likely screwed if either of them go down.

Oregon has a better chance at maintaining without Mariota than we do without Dak. Think about their competition....they don't have anything close to @Bama and @OM left on their schedule. Hell, they haven't had anything like those two games the entire season.

Dawg61
10-25-2014, 09:35 AM
All of us think Dak is better and means more to his team but MM is putting up video game numbers and it's forcing him into the discussion as Dak's biggest opponent for the Heisman. Dak will have to keep winning, stay healthy and keep putting up great numbers to beat out Playstation numbers on rookie mode.

dawgs
10-25-2014, 10:26 AM
Oregon has a better chance at maintaining without Mariota than we do without Dak. Think about their competition....they don't have anything close to @Bama and @OM left on their schedule. Hell, they haven't had anything like those two games the entire season.

That's just baseless speculation on if oregon could maintain. Their D isn't stepping up to shutdown anybody, so if Mariota went down and cost them 10 points in scoring, they wouldn't be winning shootouts.

I think Dak deserves the heisman right now, but use a good argument. Don't call Mariota a system QB because the same can be said of dak. Don't say Mariota is only good because of the talent around him because our OL is much better and oregon didn't return a WR with more than a handful of career receptions - the turned last year's leading rusher, Byron Marshall, into a slot WR to get any experience the could on the field. And acting like dak's leadership is a difference maker is kinda ridiculous because Mariota is a great leader too.

When you use bad arguments, you just set yourself up to be picked apart regardless of whether someone agrees with your ultimate conclusion.