PDA

View Full Version : Interesting thought just came to me

msstate7
10-24-2014, 02:44 PM
Anyone who has watched any Ohio st football like me has seen the rise of RS freshman, jt Barrett. He's really looking good lately. Anyway, Braxton miller is RSing this year with 1 year left of eligibility. If dak goes pro, could miller transfer to state for his last season? I haven't heard this anywhere, but I don't think its outside the realm of possibility. I really don't see Barrett losing qb job now and don't see miller backing him up.

Crazy? Too much time on my hands?

C222
10-24-2014, 02:50 PM

All of the above.

Political Hack
10-24-2014, 02:50 PM
Anyone who has watched any Ohio st football like me has seen the rise of RS freshman, jt Barrett. He's really looking good lately. Anyway, Braxton miller is RSing this year with 1 year left of eligibility. If dak goes pro, could miller transfer to state for his last season? I haven't heard this anywhere, but I don't think its outside the realm of possibility. I really don't see Barrett losing qb job now and don't see miller backing him up.

somebody call Urban. Make sure that boy graduates and wants a grad degree in forestry.

msstate7
10-24-2014, 02:55 PM
All of the above.

Probably so, but I really see miller transferring. The season dak is having, sec, and pretty much the same offense would make us an attractive destination imo.

msstate7
10-24-2014, 02:58 PM
somebody call Urban. Make sure that boy graduates and wants a grad degree in forestry.

Dan and urban can work out a deal for miller. Urban sends miller and Dan doesn't go to Michigan and start whipping urban****

Ifyouonlyknew
10-24-2014, 03:08 PM
Miller wouldn't be allowed to transfer to MSU. The SEC started the Masoli Rule in football a few years ago. You can't transfer to an SEC school with just 1 year of eligibilty & be immediately eligible.

msstate7
10-24-2014, 03:24 PM
Miller wouldn't be allowed to transfer to MSU. The SEC started the Masoli Rule in football a few years ago. You can't transfer to an SEC school with just 1 year of eligibilty & be immediately eligible.

I guess your name is very fitting in my hypothetical situation. Haha

Still think he's a very real transfer possibility though to someone

Johnson85
10-24-2014, 03:29 PM
Probably so, but I really see miller transferring. The season dak is having, sec, and pretty much the same offense would make us an attractive destination imo.

Pretty sure being in the SEC means we're not an option at all, unless you're wrong about him only having 1 year of eligibility left. Think the Masoli rule prohibits SEC teams from taking advantage of the transfer rule for graduates unless they have two years of eligiblity left (which I really don't understand why the SEC would purposefully handicap itself relative to other conferences).

ETA: Had this open in a tab for a while before I responded, so I see now that somebody beat me to it, and even used the 'proper' name for the SEC rule.

msstate7
10-24-2014, 03:31 PM
Pretty sure being in the SEC means we're not an option at all, unless you're wrong about him only having 1 year of eligibility left. Think the Masoli rule prohibits SEC teams from taking advantage of the transfer rule for graduates unless they have two years of eligiblity left (which I really don't understand why the SEC would purposefully handicap itself relative to other conferences).

ETA: Had this open in a tab for a while before I responded, so I see now that somebody beat me to it, and even used the 'proper' name for the SEC rule.

Yep. You and ifyouonlyknew are correct. Forgot that rule