PDA

View Full Version : Leo Lewis and the olemiss/ncaa deal

AlSwearengen
10-24-2014, 01:11 PM
I'm not saying that much will happen to olemiss, but with Lewis supposedly being concerned with playing for a program that has an opportunity to play for championships, does the ncaa moving into Oxford affect his recruitment?

By that, I mean olemiss possibly being sanctioned in the future.

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2014, 01:13 PM
Prolly not

RossDawg82
10-24-2014, 01:16 PM
Do you really think any sanction (if anything) comes against Ole Miss will be significant enough to affect recruitment. I bet they don't even lose a scholly

Political Hack
10-24-2014, 02:01 PM
the length of this ongoing deal would suggest otherwise. I can tell you firsthand that the NCAA will flat out make stuff up after investing enough resources.

Alldawg
10-24-2014, 02:15 PM
Oklahoma State and Miami disagrees. NCAA has no power anymore. We are all competing in an open market with very few rules.

Jack Lambert
10-24-2014, 02:19 PM
They have already been there for two years. I am impressed with Ole Miss ability to keep stuff out of the press.

AlSwearengen
10-24-2014, 02:23 PM
Oklahoma State and Miami disagrees. NCAA has no power anymore. We are all competing in an open market with very few rules.

I agree with this. Thus, my opening statement that not much happens to them. However, if it were us in their position, they would convince the world that we were getting the death penalty. Can olemiss' enemies drive the perception on this thing? They made a lot of enemies a couple of years ago and the story could grow legs because of it.

Dawg496
10-24-2014, 02:29 PM
I agree with this. Thus, my opening statement that not much happens to them. However, if it were us in their position, they would convince the world that we were getting the death penalty. Can olemiss' enemies drive the perception on this thing? They made a lot of enemies a couple of years ago and the story could grow legs because of it.

Could already be the case. Their recruiting seems to be down from what I have read around here (don't know, I don't really follow it). That could be a factor, i.e. other coaches could be telling recruits that their future is uncertain with the investigation.

RealHastings
10-24-2014, 03:18 PM
Leo's recruitment will be CJ Johnshonv1 and Chris Jonesv2 all over again except on steroids. There will be lots of last seconds visits to oxford/starkville and lots of message board rumors. Ultimately though I think he will go to a place where he can win and be developed to the NFL, which of course in in starkvegas.

Saltydog
10-24-2014, 03:29 PM
Redmond ordeal...........

Johnson85
10-24-2014, 03:34 PM
Could already be the case. Their recruiting seems to be down from what I have read around here (don't know, I don't really follow it). That could be a factor, i.e. other coaches could be telling recruits that their future is uncertain with the investigation.

I think it's more likely that they were told to cut some of the crazier stuff out. The NCAA doesn't have any bite to it any more because the member institutions (or at least the ones with money) don't want it to have any bite. But you go around and violate the norms that have sort of evolved around recruiting, and important NCAA members may encourage the NCAA to step it up.