PDA

View Full Version : Uber in Starkville

TheRef
10-24-2014, 08:59 AM
I'm surprised that Uber isn't available in Starkville. I'm sure that on Gamedays and such it would be really good to have, also any time that someone is drinking. Basically it's a user-sourced "taxi" service. Everything is done over the phone and someone has to go through and extensive background check before being able to drive with Uber. Also, all Uber drivers have to have insurance. If their insurance lapses, they're immediately no longer available. I'm sure those who live in bigger cities could testify to Uber's advantages over regular Taxis. Also, Uber is cheaper to use than Taxis.

Cabo32
10-24-2014, 11:54 AM
Much cheaper..took a taxi to buckhead from a hotel in midtown...$32 ...
took uber on the way back...$21

Johnson85
10-24-2014, 03:44 PM
I'm surprised that Uber isn't available in Starkville. I'm sure that on Gamedays and such it would be really good to have, also any time that someone is drinking. Basically it's a user-sourced "taxi" service. Everything is done over the phone and someone has to go through and extensive background check before being able to drive with Uber. Also, all Uber drivers have to have insurance. If their insurance lapses, they're immediately no longer available. I'm sure those who live in bigger cities could testify to Uber's advantages over regular Taxis. Also, Uber is cheaper to use than Taxis.

I think the way Uber's software works (especially the surge pricing), they have to go to a city before you can sign up as a driver. I don't think the software is set up where there can be one uber car in every small town in america.

But college towns would be a great place for it. Get a dozen drivers enrolled that will go charge $25 a ride on football or other big weekends. Have to figure out a way to get insurance that is affordable even though you might only make revenue twelve weekends a year.