PDA

View Full Version : Rules for JUCO

Boodawg
10-24-2014, 08:35 AM
What are the rules for placing players in JUCO? Seems like they always have to stay at JUCO for 2 years before coming back to State. Is that a rule, or does it just take these guys that long to get there grades straight? Seems like players should be able to come back as soon as they get their grades straight, be it 1 year or 2 years.

bulldawg28
10-24-2014, 10:23 AM
If they're a qualifier they can leave after one year. The thing is most guys placed are non qualifiers which means they have too graduate to qualify. Also, once they arrive on juco campuses they can sign with anyone they want we have to recruit them over again.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-24-2014, 10:49 AM
Usually Juco coaches do a good job of protecting our players from other schools & letting them know they're off limits. They don't want to run the risk of universities sending their kids to a competing juco. I don't think we've ever not got a kid back that we've wanted when we placed them.

Political Hack
10-24-2014, 10:51 AM
Usually Juco coaches do a good job of protecting our players from other schools & letting them know they're off limits. They don't want to run the risk of universities sending their kids to a competing juco. I don't think we've ever not got a kid back that we've wanted when we placed them.

it was close with justin cox and maybe a few more, but I can't remember any we've ever lost either.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-24-2014, 11:04 AM
it was close with justin cox and maybe a few more, but I can't remember any we've ever lost either.

Yep it was & part of the reason we haven't sent any kid back to EMCC either.