PDA

View Full Version : This week's Ole Miss talking points sheet

FlabLoser
10-24-2014, 08:35 AM
"OK, State is good. But its a once-a-generation QB with lightning in a bottle talent around him that will leave this year. State will be back to mediocrity next year.

Mullen is another Cuttcliff."

RossDawg82
10-24-2014, 08:51 AM
And what do they call their 2013 Recruiting class? Common????

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2014, 08:55 AM
Dak returns all his weapons next season, and our 2015 recruiting class is currently ranked 12th and the 2016 class is currently ranked 5th.

Next year is the least of their problems. Mullen is learning to recruit.

TrapGame
10-24-2014, 08:58 AM
You know that statement sums up their offense to a tee. Who replaces Bo? Nobody worth a damn that's who. Talk about falling back into mediocrity.

Political Hack
10-24-2014, 09:00 AM
I hope Mullen is another Cutcliffe (great coach, loyal coach, consistent winner, good man, etc...) and I hope Strick's not dumb enough to fire a Cutcliffe.

gravedigger
10-24-2014, 09:13 AM
They better hope so. But if he goes pro, he won the heisman, the natty or both.

If neither, he comes back.

Either way they are fu€ked

Thick
10-24-2014, 09:18 AM
It's just a fanbase in denial. They look at Dan and MSU and try to rationalize their success, but they never look in the mirror and realize that they have accomplished nothing since '62. It's an excuse for our success, but there's is like this all of the time. Stupidity humping more stupidity produces more stupidity.....the cycle will never end!!

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2014, 09:24 AM
Ole Miss' problem with this is that they are realizing that success doesn't have to be bought.

They have been preached to by the likes of Yancy, and Mr. David over the years that it is all about recruiting. If you get the players, you will win. So, Ole Miss' reaction to this has been to buy players and influence the recruiting cycle.

However, Mullen has thrown them a curveball that they can't rationalize. Mullen scares them because they can't influence him. Their dollars spend in recruiting don't hurt Mullen.

It scares them because they can't control it.

cheewgumm
10-24-2014, 09:26 AM
They are preparing their minds for us winning it all.

starkvegasdawg
10-24-2014, 09:27 AM
Their biggest problem is that their talking points keep contradicting each other. I know they don't care as they live from one delusional moment to the other. But let's take a look back at what they have said:

MSU is just a stepping stone. He'll be gone in two years.
Dan sucks. Nobody would ever want him. Hope he never leaves.
Dan is leaving for Michigan or Florida after this season. Book it.
Dak is not a good QB. All this Heisman talk is stupid on their part.
Dak is good but still not a Heisman candidate.
Dak is a good QB and is in the Heisman race, but so is our QB. See his stats are just as good when we pick and choose which ones to show.

maroonmania
10-24-2014, 09:35 AM
Ole Miss' problem with this is that they are realizing that success doesn't have to be bought.

They have been preached to by the likes of Yancy, and Mr. David over the years that it is all about recruiting. If you get the players, you will win. So, Ole Miss' reaction to this has been to buy players and influence the recruiting cycle.

However, Mullen has thrown them a curveball that they can't rationalize. Mullen scares them because they can't influence him. Their dollars spend in recruiting don't hurt Mullen.

Dan is showing success doesn't have to be bought as he is in his 6th year of slowly building up this MSU program. OM, on the other hand, is showing success CAN be bought as Bucky is doing this quick turnaround in only his 3rd year using some very high profile recruits that were acquired in some very suspicious ways (i.e., CJ Johnson, Tunsil, Treadwell, etc.). So apparently it can be done either way.

Political Hack
10-24-2014, 09:53 AM
do you know how crushed they're going to be when we rush for 250+ on that defense and hold them without an offensive TD again?

Chip
10-24-2014, 09:58 AM
It's simple - They're scared.

HailState39110
10-24-2014, 10:29 AM
Why is it that OM fans saying Mullen is the next Cutcliffe an insult ? I have a ton of respect for Cut and he is one hell of a coach . The only guy to win at Duke just as much as Cut is a guy named Steve Spurrier

BossDawg
10-24-2014, 10:33 AM
They play LSU Saturday and I swear they are talking more about State this week than anything else. Anyone surprised?

Maroon Blood
10-24-2014, 11:53 AM

^^^^This^^^^

msstate7
10-24-2014, 11:56 AM
They play LSU Saturday and I swear they are talking more about State this week than anything else. Anyone surprised?

To be fair, we're talking more about OM than Kentucky. Fire away

thf24
10-24-2014, 11:57 AM
do you know how crushed they're going to be when we rush for 250+ on that defense and hold them without an offensive TD again?

Yep. Auburn is going to give us a blueprint for taking advantage of their over-pursuing defense a few weeks in advance, and we're going to run all over them.

msstate7
10-24-2014, 12:07 PM
Yep. Auburn is going to give us a blueprint for taking advantage of their over-pursuing defense a few weeks in advance, and we're going to run all over them.

Lsu and auburn back-to-back without a bye is a nightmare for any sec team. I don't think they survive unscathed

Political Hack
10-24-2014, 12:10 PM

as I said when auburn played us, they design running lanes better than any team in the nation. I think you're exactly right. They're going to get gashed for 4-7 yards a pop over and over and over.

msstate7
10-24-2014, 12:11 PM
as I said when auburn played us, they design running lanes better than any team in the nation. I think you're exactly right. They're going to get gashed for 4-7 yards a pop over and over and over.

Really don't wanna see auburn again. I was very impressed with them

Westdawg
10-24-2014, 12:19 PM
The worst thing that program has done since the 60's was fire Cutcliffe. That man was well on his way to building a perennial power in the SEC - mind you, he was not there yet, but WELL on his way - and fired him because he had one "bad" season in which he didn't make a bowl....they wanted him to fire several staffers and make changes to his O/D schemes. and he did all he could to rationalize with them. They didn't want to hear it, and he refused to change, so they fired him. WORST MISTAKE EVER. I am glad they did it. it kept us in the loop in this state until we hired Mullen. So......... THANK YOU, OM !! ahhahahahahahaha

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2014, 12:35 PM

Unless it's in the National Semis or the NC game, you won't be seeing them again.

I agree though. They were very impressive

PMDawg
10-24-2014, 12:59 PM
"OK, State is good. But its a once-a-generation QB with lightning in a bottle talent around him that will leave this year. State will be back to mediocrity next year.

Mullen is another Cuttcliff."

Yeah those dipshits keep calling in to radio shows saying we are just a flash in the pan every once in awhile but they have more staying power. They cite those 2 Cotton bowls and "recruiting" as evidence. Its annoying, but really who cares? Whatever they have to tell themselves. It doesnt affect anything.

PMDawg
10-24-2014, 01:10 PM
Unless it's in the National Semis or the NC game, you won't be seeing them again.

BossDawg
10-24-2014, 02:13 PM
Well State fans don't try to lie about their hatred of UMiss. They do. That was my main point.

Jack Lambert
10-24-2014, 02:21 PM

But LSU is their rivals and KY is someone we have to play every year.

Jack Lambert
10-24-2014, 02:24 PM

Auburn will end up being he best team we play all year and I am glad they are behind us and we have a win. I would rather be looking at Alabama than Auburn at this point.

msstate7
10-24-2014, 02:31 PM
Well State fans don't try to lie about their hatred of UMiss. They do. That was my main point.

Point taken

msstate7
10-24-2014, 02:32 PM
Auburn will end up being he best team we play all year and I am glad they are behind us and we have a win. I would rather be looking at Alabama than Auburn at this point.

I agree

whosyourdawgy
10-24-2014, 03:00 PM
That's the John Chisholm fool on twitter spewing again. Saying do we see what we have coming back next season? I pointed out that they are losing their entire secondary except for Conner and losing key players like Cj and Shackleford. He proceeded to argue with me that their defense will be better next season and that their secondary will be better too. He said Tee and Chief will be better than Golston and Prewitt I pointed out that both were coming off serious injuries and he said tee was their best corner now. Is he even practicing yet? That guy is a piece of work. Told me I was obsessed w OM. I told him to look at his twitter feed and see who is obsessed. Wow. What a loser

RealHastings
10-24-2014, 03:12 PM
We will beat them by +14 points. Go ahead and book it. There defense is good but they cant stop the run up the middle or the read option. Two things we do extremely well. We will run all over them. And there lack of a run game makes there offense one dimensional and as he has already shown, captain bubble screen cant beat us on his own. We win by 21-24 points IMO.

DownwardDawg
10-24-2014, 03:13 PM
Yeah those dipshits keep calling in to radio shows saying we are just a flash in the pan every once in awhile but they have more staying power. They cite those 2 Cotton bowls and "recruiting" as evidence. Its annoying, but really who cares? Whatever they have to tell themselves. It doesnt affect anything.

Those 2 Cotton Bowls were 8-4 seasons. We have been 8-4 twice since then and they have done nothing since. 8-4 doesn't sniff the Cotton Bowl these days. 8-4 puts you at 4th or 5th place in your division.

PMDawg
10-24-2014, 05:14 PM
Those 2 Cotton Bowls were 8-4 seasons. We have been 8-4 twice since then and they have done nothing since. 8-4 doesn't sniff the Cotton Bowl these days. 8-4 puts you at 4th or 5th place in your division.

Believe me. I know that. They feel otherwise.