PDA

View Full Version : 31 commits

msstate7
10-23-2014, 09:53 PM
How many more will we take? Who will the last few be?

Big4Dawg
10-23-2014, 09:55 PM
Campbell
Leo
Rankin

Wrap it up.

ShotgunDawg
10-23-2014, 10:00 PM
Campbell
Leo
Rankin

Wrap it up.

This

Rosebowl is adamant that we are still in it with Javon Patterson. He actually said last night that Patterson's mom prefers us, and that MSU is gaining ground every day.

That being said, we will have a few guys go to JUCO, but we don't know who they are yet.

BeardoMSU
10-23-2014, 10:06 PM
Speaking of Juco, are we still after Ulric Jones? He was a sign and place guy for us 2 years ago, right? He's a 6'6" DE with a nice looking offer list.

HoopsDawg
10-23-2014, 10:08 PM
This

Rosebowl is adamant that we are still in it with Javon Patterson. He actually said last night that Patterson's mom prefers us, and that MSU is gaining ground every day.

That being said, we will have a few guys go to JUCO, but we don't know who they are yet.

That's right. We will have at least 2 go juco, maybe 3. That leaves 3 or 4 spots left for Leo, Campbell, Rankin and Patterson. Obviously, we would make room for Daron Payne as well. With 5 Bham area commits, no need to right off Payne especially with his teammate Mixon on board. I think we really want to sign either Payne or Swain to help at DT next year.

HoopsDawg
10-23-2014, 10:09 PM
Speaking of Juco, are we still after Ulric Jones? He was a sign and place guy for us 2 years ago, right? He's a 6'6" DE with a nice looking offer list.

No.

BeardoMSU
10-23-2014, 10:10 PM
No.

Why not? What's the story with him?

Reason2succeed
10-23-2014, 10:15 PM
Why not? What's the story with him?

It's probably best not to ask about a se titmice subject like this and even better not to answer.

Todd4State
10-24-2014, 12:43 AM
This

I'm not sure why he does this to himself. It's pretty obvious that he is trying to drum up business.

Todd4State
10-24-2014, 12:47 AM
How many more will we take? Who will the last few be?

Lewis
Campbell
Rankin
Patterson I'm sure we would take but I think it's a long shot
One other guy that we've never heard of but will end up being a badass. Like Tavese Calhoun.

thedawg
10-24-2014, 08:39 AM
From what I here we have turned Patterson from 80-20 Ole Miss to probably 60-40 Ole Miss... My source is not Robertson but is pretty good... with that being said I have seen this happen before... Kid is identified early by Ole Miss... See the bag man article... then we make a strong push... in the end we fight the good fight but the longstanding relationship is too much to overcome... Kid really considers us... signs with Ole Miss.. Thats how I expect it to play out

1bigdawg
10-24-2014, 09:04 AM
I think we really want to sign either Payne or Swain to help at DT next year.

This

engie
10-24-2014, 09:07 AM

We didn't actually end up signing him nor place him...

ShotgunDawg
10-24-2014, 09:08 AM
I'm not sure why he does this to himself. It's pretty obvious that he is trying to drum up business.

I'm not sure and have no personal knowledge, but Rosebowl is sticking to this. He isn't saying we are going to get Patterson, but he is saying that much of what has been reported is not true.

defiantdog
10-24-2014, 09:14 AM
Payne is getting a lot of pressure from all the State commits, but momma wants him to go to Bama. This one is gonna be difficult to pull.

Homedawg
10-24-2014, 10:32 AM
Remember we have several commits that won't be here when all is said and done. Just part of it.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-24-2014, 10:33 AM
I'm not saying we get Patterson but we're definitely in it & in it in a very strong way. The Alford situation at OM didn't do them any favors & he's let that be known to Javon plus Jesse having a great experience at MSU isn't hurting. On Payne I still think he's Bama bound but not as much of a slam dunk as before. Bama is on a few top notch DL & if they choose before Payne then he may not have a spot. Mama is all about Bama but Payne likes all 3 & is really getting the sales pitch from Mixon & Co.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-24-2014, 10:34 AM
Remember we have several commits that won't be here when all is said and done. Just part of it.

I wouldn't say several. I don't see anybody getting dropped as of right now. We will have a few not qualify due to grades but our #'s are pretty much what we expected right now.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-24-2014, 11:08 AM
The Alford situation at OM didn't do them any favors
^^This^^(interesting how quietly he left)...and it never hurts having Coach Hughes in the room!

jimbo352
10-24-2014, 01:27 PM
^^This^^(interesting how quietly he left)...and it never hurts having Coach Hughes in the room!

What's the story on Alford...? I thought his reason for leaving was baseball. Side story pls?

SouthMsDawg
10-24-2014, 02:31 PM
What's the story on Alford...? I thought his reason for leaving was baseball. Side story pls?

Freeze promised him again and again that he would get reps at wildcat QB this season after redshirting last year and turning down more money from the Bluejays. Well this season rolled around and 4 games in ZERO snaps at wildcat while Liggins was getting them. Alford was upset about his lack of PT (on defense as well) so he chose to turn to baseball full time.

BeardoMSU
10-24-2014, 03:03 PM
Not that it really matters, but ESPN has Darryl Williams listed as a 4 star. Perks of being #1, maybe?

ETA: and they have him listed as a top 300 player.

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/188426/darryl-williams

engie
10-24-2014, 04:10 PM
Pretty sure he was a 90 4* at 24/7 at one time as well...

TUSK
10-24-2014, 08:02 PM
That's right. We will have at least 2 go juco, maybe 3. That leaves 3 or 4 spots left for Leo, Campbell, Rankin and Patterson. Obviously, we would make room for Daron Payne as well. With 5 Bham area commits, no need to right off Payne especially with his teammate Mixon on board. I think we really want to sign either Payne or Swain to help at DT next year.

Keep your dawg paws off my future psychophant NT!