PDA

View Full Version : Ethan Small- recent baseball commit

messageboardsuperhero
10-23-2014, 08:31 PM
Thanks to MsStateBaseball for retweeting about this guy. Small was reportedly 89-92 consistently with his fastball and topping out at 93 today and also showed a good curveball. This guy was at 77-81 MPH a year ago... A 12 mph jump in one year- and he's got the frame to add even a little more.

Hell of a find for us to get a very good LHP relatively late in the game for the 2015 class. Some guys are just late bloomers.

Todd4State
10-23-2014, 08:39 PM
Small also plays first base for his high school team and put up some pretty solid numbers as well. I would guess that pitcher is most likely his calling though.

messageboardsuperhero
10-23-2014, 08:43 PM
Small also plays first base for his high school team and put up some pretty solid numbers as well. I would guess that pitcher is most likely his calling though.

A lefty hitting 93 with good movement and still growing into his body... Yeah, he'll be a pitcher for us.

MsStateBaseball
10-23-2014, 09:33 PM
Our coaches are just great recruiters period. The combo of great recruits and 40 million dollar stadium w huge crowds spells championship (s).

MsStateBaseball
10-24-2014, 06:03 AM
He was committed to Vandy for a while but my guess is he wants to be with his Dulin friends.

messageboardsuperhero
10-24-2014, 07:24 AM
He was committed to Vandy for a while but my guess is he wants to be with his Dulin friends.

WOW. I did not know this.

I had always assumed this guy was under the radar and hadn't been evaluated by many people because of being a late bloomer. Damn, I'm so excited about the 2015 class- it is absolutely stacked from top to bottom.

ScottH
10-24-2014, 08:16 AM

He was most recently committed to Austin Peay per Perfect Game.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=10257

mparkerfd20
10-24-2014, 09:24 AM
He was most recently committed to Austin Peay per Perfect Game.

http://www.perfectgame.org/Articles/View.aspx?article=10257

That article reads of a Who's Who of State's recruiting class... Stovall, Riley, Small, Blaylock... We have a great class coming in.