PDA

View Full Version : Finebaum Caller- Typical OM delusion

BeastMan
10-23-2014, 04:06 PM
So an older guy (name, location redacted) just called in and told a cool story from 1962 and couldn't help himself from adding some delusion. He says, "I love the way Freeze and Wommack has the defense playing. They don't even trash talk"

Not to pick on the old guy because he's probably a good guy but what is he watching? I've seen a fight vs Memphis where a player threw a punch, Elston get suspended for stomping guy, and multiple instances of "trash talking".

Me personally, I don't care about any of that. I like my defense with edge. I don't mind the "attitude" at all. His comments just exemplify the old school OM mentality that OM plays inspired choir boy ball and the rest of the SEC is thugs. It's hilarious. I'm wondering what this guy is watching because I don't see OM's defense acting any better or worse than other top SEC defenses.

CadaverDawg
10-23-2014, 04:10 PM
They taunt the opponent with that dumb ass shark fin every time they make a tackle. Even when it's just a routine play, they throw up that silly fin. And they are ALWAYS jawing at the opponent. Bryant is the ring leader, and Denzel is right there with him along with that Hilton guy. They talk more shit than any team in the country. That old guy needs to remember his meds.

Liverpooldawg
10-23-2014, 04:11 PM
The landshark sign is worse than trash talking. They do plenty of trash talking too.

MSUDawg4Life
10-23-2014, 04:11 PM
OM fans spend their entire lives lying to themselves. Pretending to be something they aren't. Pretending to see things nobody else sees.

That's got to be a sad existence. Lie so much until you believe your own lies.

CadaverDawg
10-23-2014, 04:14 PM
OM fans spend their entire lives lying to themselves. Pretending to be something they aren't. Pretending to see things nobody else sees.

This is a perfect description.

They need to realize that there is always someone out there bigger and better than you. Why spend your entire existence trying to either keep up with the Joneses, or trying to tell yourself you're above everybody when it's clear that you aren't? That's the life of an Ole Miss fan.

dawgoneyall
10-23-2014, 04:15 PM
Bearshark sign.

Todd4State
10-23-2014, 04:17 PM
I hate to take sides with an Ole Miss fan.....

But he's right.

They don't trash talk. They skip right on to the fist fight.

messageboardsuperhero
10-23-2014, 04:28 PM
UM players do as much jumping around, taunting, celebrating after a big play, etc. as any team I've seen since... Well, maybe us in the late 90s.

And I'm like you Beastman, defense is meant to be played with an edge. UM's defense plays with passion, and I'm fine with that. It is just goofy than some guy actually thinks they don't taunt or trash talk- that's just naive and pretty typical of a holier than thou UM fan.

ScoobaDawg
10-23-2014, 04:36 PM

and its all led by yancy.

MadDawg
10-23-2014, 05:24 PM
Hell certain players on defense even trash talk their own coaches, right?

MabenMaroon
10-23-2014, 07:51 PM
They taunt the opponent with that dumb ass shark fin every time they make a tackle. Even when it's just a routine play, they throw up that silly fin. And they are ALWAYS jawing at the opponent. Bryant is the ring leader, and Denzel is right there with him along with that Hilton guy. They talk more shit than any team in the country. That old guy needs to remember his meds.

And don't forget Bo Dirt standing right behind those guys jawing, taunting and carrying on.

LC Dawg
10-23-2014, 08:07 PM
Hell, last week the Bear fans were bragging about how classy Freeze was because he got upset that the team he coaches ran up the score at the end. They are really outgrowing delusion. I think we're going to have to invent a new word to describe them.

RougeDawg
10-23-2014, 08:28 PM
Hey guys, lets not talk negatively about the Bears. Some people on here will call you bitter for pointing out the obvious from that bunch.**

JDog13
10-23-2014, 09:20 PM

Little
Dog
Syndrome