PDA

View Full Version : The Dylan Favre story on BR

drunkernhelldawg
10-22-2014, 04:44 PM
brought tears to my eyes.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2226592-dylan-favres-roller-coaster-life-in-uncle-bretts-shadow

Political Hack
10-22-2014, 05:26 PM
gutsy kid.

Aces High
10-22-2014, 05:43 PM
Sounds like a typical farve. White traSh

LiterallyPolice
10-22-2014, 06:22 PM
Sounds like a typical farve. White traSh

Classy post right here.

Aces High
10-22-2014, 06:32 PM
Classy post right here.

Classy? Dylan has had a million chances. He was a pos in hs, a pos at msu and a pos in juco. He had a million chances. I feel bad for his girl actually. I hope he goes straight and cleans his life up.

Im pretty sure I can write the article that will come out in 2030 but ill give him the benefit of the doubt, even though i shouldnt....

Everything that has happened in his life is his fault. Read the article. He was a teenager throwing passesin green bay with his uncle. He has had a silver spoon. I dont feel bad for him at all. Mullen gave him plenty of rope...

I can name 20 players on our team that didnt have what he has and flourished. Hopefully dylan has grown up and realized he is the problem.

ScoobaDawg
10-22-2014, 06:36 PM
Its a good article and i was about to post it myself. I see what aces says though, even at UTM he didnt get it and kept whining until he hasnt played the last 2 games. At least he is going to graduate with a degree he can use.

MSUDawg4Life
10-22-2014, 06:39 PM
Classy? Dylan has had a million chances. He was a pos in hs, a pos at msu and a pos in juco. He had a million chances. I feel bad for his girl actually. I hope he goes straight and cleans his life up.

Im pretty sure I can write the article that will come out in 2030 but ill give him the benefit of the doubt, even though i shouldnt....

Everything that has happened in his life is his fault. Read the article. He was a teenager throwing passesin green bay with his uncle. He has had a silver spoon. I dont feel bad for him at all. Mullen gave him plenty of rope...

I can name 20 players on our team that didnt have what he has and flourished. Hopefully dylan has grown up and realized he is the problem.

You may be right, but some things are best left unsaid.

drunkernhelldawg
10-22-2014, 06:44 PM

Seems that the fact that anyone cares about him makes you angry. I doubt it's actually personally, but it seems like it is.

LiterallyPolice
10-22-2014, 06:45 PM

Did you read the article? If you did, you would realize there was no silver spoon; in fact it sounds like his teenage years were less than ideal. And he made mistakes and it sounds like he is taking responsibility and trying to do right by his new family. You obviously have some personal vendetta here.

Regardless, I just find it tasteless to insult the kid and his family.

Aces High
10-22-2014, 06:47 PM
Seems that the fact that anyone cares about him makes you angry. I doubt it's actually personally, but it seems like it is.

I wish him well but one sob story doesnt make it all right. Actions are louder than words. I. Hope his kid made grow up. Seems it didnt since he is stile whining about playing time.

Dylan has talent. He had no direction, like a lot of kids. Sad.

Aces High
10-22-2014, 06:50 PM
Did you read the article? If you did, you would realize there was no silver spoon; in fact it sounds like his teenage years were less than ideal. And he made mistakes and it sounds like he is taking responsibility and trying to do right by his new family. You obviously have some personal vendetta here.

Regardless, I just find it tasteless to insult the kid and his family.

I apologize. Dylan is a good kid and just made a mistake or two. Sorry.

LiterallyPolice
10-22-2014, 06:56 PM
I wish him well but one sob story doesnt make it all right. Actions are louder than words. I. Hope his kid made grow up. Seems it didnt since he is stile whining about playing time

Dylan has talent. He had no direction, like a lot of kids. Sad.

Is seems you are having a hard time differentiating between success as a college football and success as a good person.

10 years from now it won't matter how much he whined on the sideline or how many TDs he could have thrown at MSU. What will matter is that he got his degree and hopefully continued to be a good father.

Anyway, I thought it was a great article. I wish him nothing but the best.

ETA: Just saw your last post, after I submitted the above.

Aces High
10-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Is seems you are having a hard time differentiating between success as a college football and success as a good person.

10 years from now it won't matter how much he whined on the sideline or how many TDs he could have thrown at MSU. What will matter is that he got his degree and hopefully continued to be a good father.

Anyway, I thought it was a great article. I wish him nothing but the best.

Oh i agree. Great article. I hope he pulls through. I have my doubts but i am pulling for him.

Beaver
10-22-2014, 09:01 PM
Pretty ironic that he'll suit up on Nov. 8th to play QB on Scott Field during Homecoming.. Great to see that him and his gf are likely going to complete their degrees. Hope things work out for them.

Todd4State
10-22-2014, 09:56 PM
I was and have been a critic of Favre as a player. QB's that are risky with their decisions on the field drive me nuts as a fan in general. But I do hope that things work out for Dylan in his life whatever he does.

I will say and I will say it again- I'm surprised that USM hasn't given him an opportunity. Heck, they were 0-12 and then 1-11. I think Favre would have been about as good as the QB's that they have now.

sleepy dawg
10-22-2014, 10:47 PM
Excellent read, thanks for posting.

mstatefan91
10-22-2014, 11:54 PM
Good read. Wish him the best