PDA

View Full Version : No white 100 year anniversary uniforms

mstatefan91
10-22-2014, 10:40 AM
for this weekend against UK per Carskadon. Says the earliest we will see them is next season.

TheRef
10-22-2014, 10:41 AM
Yeah. Scott addressed it in his weekly update. Said he fully expects us to have white versions next season.

mstatefan91
10-22-2014, 10:42 AM
Yeah. Scott addressed it in his weekly update. Said he fully expects us to have white versions next season.
Ahh. I missed that. Feel free to delete this then

TheRef
10-22-2014, 10:46 AM
Ahh. I missed that. Feel free to delete this then

No no....it was released today and you were the first to post about it. You're good, bud.

Dawg496
10-22-2014, 10:46 AM
So you're saying if we are playing in the national title game as the away team, we'll have to wear our tampax specials? I just refuse to believe that give immediate notice (as in August 31st), we couldn't have them ready to go in 4+ months. That sounds asinine.

TheRef
10-22-2014, 10:49 AM
So you're saying if we are playing in the national title game as the away team, we'll have to wear our tampax specials? I just refuse to believe that give immediate notice (as in August 31st), we couldn't have them ready to go in 4+ months. That sounds asinine.

You're correct. No white 100-year unis this year. Have to wait until next season.

thunderclap
10-22-2014, 10:52 AM
At least wear the same damn helmets and not the bigass white stripe.

HereComesTheSpiral
10-22-2014, 10:53 AM
You're correct. No white 100-year unis this year. Have to wait until next season.

Technically, the national championship is next year**

TheRef
10-22-2014, 10:54 AM
Technically, the national championship is next year**

Haha...you notice I put next season on there. Covering all my bases. And yes...I saw the sarcastricks

quickstrike2
10-22-2014, 10:57 AM
Although this is probably standard procedure and uniforms do take that long to make, I still feel disappointed. If we don't have pull at #1 in the country, when will we ever. Teams are leaving Adidas like Notre Dame and Tennessee, just seems like they would be doing everything in their power to please the rest. And I could be totally wrong on it all.

thunderclap
10-22-2014, 11:00 AM
Although this is probably standard procedure and uniforms do take that long to make, I still feel disappointed. If we don't have pull at #1 in the country, when will we ever. Teams are leaving Adidas like Notre Dame and Tennessee, just seems like they would be doing everything in their power to please the rest. And I could be totally wrong on it all.

Agree.

Coackjek
10-22-2014, 11:01 AM

So, you're saying it won't be done on time?***

archdog
10-22-2014, 11:17 AM
So, you're saying it won't be done on time?***

Uniforms don't make the team. So I am not too worried about it. It's just unfortunate that Adidas can't deliver white versions of a simple uniform. 4+ months and they cannot get them here. Come on, really. That is less than one uniform per day to produce. No one is going to buy the maxipad version of our jerseys now that we actually have a better version out there. Look at it this way. I would pay good money for a Dak jersey today, but I cannot find one. In the end, their original design and lost profits on the merchandise sales for the past couple of months when we are on the top of the world are probably costing us tons of dollars.

So, let's keep this uniform for the next 50 years tweaking it but keeping it as our base for all future seasons because we are probably losing money every day this year.

I may be way off base here, what do you guys think about the lack of purchasing this year due to the 100 jerseys?

maroonmania
10-22-2014, 11:19 AM
for this weekend against UK per Carskadon. Says the earliest we will see them is next season.

Uh oh, not a good omen for when we play @Bama and @OM. The 100 year anniversary unis were our secret weapon.

Lloyd Christmas
10-22-2014, 11:30 AM

If anyone has any knowledge of this: Why is it so hard to take the same damn template, plug it into a computer and start printing uniforms? I refuse to believe it's as hard as they are making it seem. You would think Adidas was trying to crack fusion with their uniform process.

mstatefan91
10-22-2014, 11:31 AM
Uniforms don't make the team. So I am not too worried about it. It's just unfortunate that Adidas can't deliver white versions of a simple uniform. 4+ months and they cannot get them here. Come on, really. That is less than one uniform per day to produce. No one is going to buy the maxipad version of our jerseys now that we actually have a better version out there. Look at it this way. I would pay good money for a Dak jersey today, but I cannot find one. In the end, their original design and lost profits on the merchandise sales for the past couple of months when we are on the top of the world are probably costing us tons of dollars.

So, let's keep this uniform for the next 50 years tweaking it but keeping it as our base for all future seasons because we are probably losing money every day this year.

I may be way off base here, what do you guys think about the lack of purchasing this year due to the 100 jerseys?

Probably not a lot. Every sorority girl on campus has an over-large 15 jersey that they wear around campus now

Lloyd Christmas
10-22-2014, 11:50 AM
Probably not a lot. Every sorority girl on campus has an over-large 15 jersey that they wear around campus now

That's what really sucks for Adidas. I would love a 100 year Dak Jersey for the man cave but they don't even sell them!