PDA

View Full Version : Damien Robinson

cheewgumm
10-22-2014, 10:15 AM
This has probably already been said, and I can't recall it. I think someone said he would not play again, but is that official?

Will Damien Robinson come back next year?

thedawg
10-22-2014, 10:20 AM
I heard from a very good source he was going to evaluate where he was in the spring health wise but the tentative plan was to give it a go and try to play.

HoopsDawg
10-22-2014, 10:22 AM
His football days at MSU are over. Here's our O-line for next year:

LT: Senior
LG: Malone
C: Clayborn
RG: Desper
RT: Warren

Hopefully Rankin will be in the mix if we can sign him over OU and OM.

cheewgumm
10-22-2014, 10:23 AM
I hope he reconsiders.

Goat Holder
10-22-2014, 10:27 AM
I hope he reconsiders.

Why?

Ifyouonlyknew
10-22-2014, 10:27 AM

This is correct. I feel pretty good about Rankin. He would definitely come in & challenge Warren for the RT spot. Either way you slice it we'll have a starting OL with nothing but upperclassmen.

thedawg
10-22-2014, 10:36 AM

That's a real possibility.. Think flowers Desper and Thomas battle for that right guard spot with Desper holding a slight edge today.. I can see anyone of those three winning out though... I also see a battle with Carter and Warren with Warren holding the lead today... Robinson is the wildcard... Regardless of what u think of him Hevesy said he had a phenomenal camp and was ahead of Senior before the injury.. I, like everyone, doubt he starts if he comes back but he adds to what is already quality depth

thedawg
10-22-2014, 10:38 AM
I also think Joquell Johnson gets in the mix somewhere when he gets healthy... He was really good in high school

HoopsDawg
10-22-2014, 10:53 AM
I also think Joquell Johnson gets in the mix somewhere when he gets healthy... He was really good in high school

Hevesey will play the best 5 which is the 5 I mentioned. Then he wants a swing guard, a swing tackle, and backup center. Warren will be the swing tackle if we sign Rankin. Calhoun will be the backup center. The battle will be for swing guard between Jake Thomas, Flowers, and maybe Johnson. Johnson has been working at tackle, but they can move him back down to guard if he is in our Top 8.

Coach34
10-22-2014, 11:31 AM
Hev loves the freshmen Calhoun and Jenkins (I think his name is Jenkins). They will get reps next year.

But ur for all the bitching about our OL- we are in great shape there. I tried to tell ya'll RB was a bigger concern. But nooooooo- nobody wanted to listen

cheewgumm
10-22-2014, 11:32 AM
I look at it like Beckwith...

Wasn't he not coming back, but decided to? and lok how great he's played. If Robinson came in and did that, it would be great for our OL next year, he'd get a ticket to the NFL and his life would be changed.

Why?

Coach34
10-22-2014, 11:44 AM
Beckwith started 12 games last season- Robinson has done nothing more than play garbage reps his whole career. 2 different situations

Goat Holder
10-22-2014, 11:48 AM
Beckwith started 12 games last season- Robinson has done nothing more than play garbage reps his whole career. 2 different situations

Agreed. The Ole Miss haters were right on him, he was a bust from the beginning.

thedawg
10-22-2014, 11:50 AM
I'm glad u brought up Beckwith... U know the walkon that over the summer sucked so bad that people on message board said "I appreciate what he did but he's not a real SEC player" or "hevesy can't recruit and the fact we start a walkon proves it"... Don't act like we didn't read that and worse all summer... And Hevesy was impressed with Damiens camp.. Thought he had a chance to be a good linemen for us this year.. So I will welcome him back if he wants to play next year.. Hevesy has earned my trust of his opinion of SEC linemen

maroonmania
10-22-2014, 11:51 AM
Hev loves the freshmen Calhoun and Jenkins (I think his name is Jenkins). They will get reps next year.

But ur for all the bitching about our OL- we are in great shape there. I tried to tell ya'll RB was a bigger concern. But nooooooo- nobody wanted to listen

Yea, because we encouraged our 2nd best RB on campus to transfer which was STUPID.

cheewgumm
10-22-2014, 12:02 PM
I'll admit this year, my BIGGEST surprise and yes a lot of you said it, is OL and Hevessey's coaching job.

That's what made me think about Damien Robinson again, though it's been discussed before.

Political Hack
10-22-2014, 12:11 PM
I'm glad u brought up Beckwith... U know the walkon that over the summer sucked so bad that people on message board said "I appreciate what he did but he's not a real SEC player" or "hevesy can't recruit and the fact we start a walkon proves it"... Don't act like we didn't read that and worse all summer... And Hevesy was impressed with Damiens camp.. Thought he had a chance to be a good linemen for us this year.. So I will welcome him back if he wants to play next year.. Hevesy has earned my trust of his opinion of SEC linemen

stars are so mesmerizing.***

MabenMaroon
10-22-2014, 02:20 PM
Yea, because we encouraged our 2nd best RB on campus to transfer which was STUPID.

Who would that have been?

Coach34
10-22-2014, 03:06 PM

Milton is a turnover machine. He wouldnt be playing this year either. Milton barely got reps and damn near cost us 2 SEC games with turnovers.

HoopsDawg
10-22-2014, 03:13 PM
Milton is a turnover machine. He wouldnt be playing this year either. Milton barely got reps and damn near cost us 2 SEC games with turnovers.

In case anyone is wondering, Milton has 63 carries for 373 yards with 6 TD's. He's averaging 5.9 per carry. He's got another 6 receptions for 37 yards and a TD. This is thru 6 games. McNeese plays a lot of backs.

maroonmania
10-22-2014, 03:22 PM

He definitely needed to be worked with on ball security but there is no doubt in my mind he would be our 2nd most talented tailback this year. I don't know if he WOULD be playing ahead of Griffin and Shumpert but if he were still here but he SHOULD have been playing in front of those guys. His number of fumbles wasn't that bad but he had them at the worst possible times but he was a more gifted RB than what I've seen out of our backups so far this year. Our backups behind Robinson have been VERY pedestrian so far.