PDA

View Full Version : So Stans and A&M just committed another stud?

CadaverDawg
10-21-2014, 03:49 PM
Click to enlarge

That puts their class at #2 in 247 rankings. This all taken from SP, so I'm unaware of the accuracy. Oh, and apparently we've dropped from Top 10 to #40.

Thoughts?

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Seinfelds-George-Popcorn-Gif.gif

Coach34
10-21-2014, 03:54 PM
Shit- why the surprise? You think they brought him there to coach??? He is doing what he does best...that's why he is "The Recruiter"

CadaverDawg
10-21-2014, 03:55 PM
Shit- why the surprise? You think they brought him there to coach??? He is doing what he does best...that's why he is "The Recruiter"

Not surprised. Just wanting thoughts.

[stirs slowly]

Miss. Stake
10-21-2014, 03:57 PM
I mean, thoughts are same as Coach. This is his master profession, being an assistant coach and recruiting. It blows he's recruiting in the same conference as us.

cheewgumm
10-21-2014, 04:03 PM
You cant win big without the best players.

tcdog70
10-21-2014, 04:03 PM
meanwhile back at the Ranch---Ole Ricky Ray still can't sign 1 SEC quality guard.

SDDawg
10-21-2014, 04:07 PM
If Malik ended up at A&M, odds are better than 50/50 that I'll end up at Whitfield. No promises though. **

C222
10-21-2014, 04:19 PM
A&M is absolutely killing it.

ScottH
10-21-2014, 04:24 PM
And an article on the very topic of A&M recruiting.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/another-elite-recruit-joins-texas-a-m-s-monumental-2015-haul-200033934.html

msstate7
10-21-2014, 04:27 PM
aTm has obviously figured out they've got no chance in the sec at football, so they're all in for basketball*

CadaverDawg
10-21-2014, 04:38 PM
And an article on the very topic of A&M recruiting.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaab-the-dagger/another-elite-recruit-joins-texas-a-m-s-monumental-2015-haul-200033934.html

Interesting

shannondawg
10-21-2014, 04:43 PM
My ole miss buddy, was at the Texas AM game. he was having breakfast the next morning and in walks Rick with a couple recruits. He went over and introduced himself, Rick said he and his family have fit right in, he said the atmosphere is so much like MSU it was unreal, He said it was almost like being back home, except its much larger and almost like us being on steroids.

tcdog70
10-21-2014, 04:47 PM
Quick, somebody call A&M and tell them Stans can't coach. Don't they know about our dumpster fire?

bobcat91
10-21-2014, 04:49 PM
A & M gas a great basketball facility as well. They are right there with UK and UT in arenas.

Coach34
10-21-2014, 05:06 PM
Quick, somebody call A&M and tell them Stans can't coach. Don't they know about our dumpster fire?

They have a HC to do the coaching- they letting The Recruiter croot

engie
10-21-2014, 05:14 PM
Stans is in the perfect role right now. He was always going to wreck shit as a recruiter. If they have a disciplinarian/x's and o's HC(I have no idea), they can have success there.

That said, all 4 of these are local kids. Just a loaded class in Texas this year...

IMissJack
10-21-2014, 05:20 PM
Rick Ray is the biggest MSU football fan in the world right now. It keeps us from thinking about the steaming pile he has again this year. Welcome back to the early eighties.

engie
10-21-2014, 05:23 PM
Rick Ray is the biggest MSU football fan in the world right now. It keeps us from thinking about the steaming pile he has again this year. Welcome back to the early eighties.

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/ktf.gif

https://emptystress.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/because-youre-a-dumbass.gif

IMissJack
10-21-2014, 05:32 PM
Yeah I forgot, we will be great.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
10-21-2014, 05:51 PM
We aren't getting Malik and we are never going to win big with Rick Ray. He did His job as Croom and cleaned the program up but it's time to dump Ray and go get a coach that can take us to the next level. SEC isn't getting easier and with Ole Miss opening up the new arena we better move quickly or else they will start to dominate instate recruiting.

IMissJack
10-21-2014, 05:57 PM
Not to mention, Bruce Pearl is going to start getting some players to Auburn and leave us on the bottom of the West for years to come by ourselves.

HailState39110
10-21-2014, 06:02 PM
CBS picked us to finish last (14th)in the SEC today in their preseason poll.

I would imagine the media will pick us last this week at SEC media days as well

Coach34
10-21-2014, 06:09 PM
Not to mention, Bruce Pearl is going to start getting some players to Auburn and leave us on the bottom of the West for years to come by ourselves.

What is this SEC West in basketball that you speak of???

IMissJack
10-21-2014, 06:12 PM
Yep forgot that.

engie
10-21-2014, 06:15 PM
We aren't getting Malik and we are never going to win big with Rick Ray. He did His job as Croom and cleaned the program up but it's time to dump Ray and go get a coach that can take us to the next level. SEC isn't getting easier and with Ole Miss opening up the new arena we better move quickly or else they will start to dominate instate recruiting.

Lol k. You know more than practically every basketball recruiting guru in the country over the past 5 months in regards to Malik, why am I shocked?

Amazing that it only takes one basketball thread for all of you dumbasses to resurface.

Coach34
10-21-2014, 06:17 PM
CBS picked us to finish last (14th)in the SEC today in their preseason poll.

I would imagine the media will pick us last this week at SEC media days as well

The media picked Cohen to finish last his 3rd season. We ended up 1 inning away from Omaha that year. Why don't we let the season play out?

engie
10-21-2014, 06:20 PM
The media picked Cohen to finish last his 3rd season. We ended up 1 inning away from Omaha that year. Why don't we let the season play out?

But this is different!1!!1

Intramural All-American
10-21-2014, 06:27 PM

Wow. Before the season even starts? Holy crap, man, at least let the team play a few games before you start saying how bad we suck in basketball.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
10-21-2014, 06:28 PM
Lol k. You know more than practically every basketball recruiting guru in the country over the past 5 months in regards to Malik, why am I shocked?

Amazing that it only takes one basketball thread for all of you dumbasses to resurface.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out he isn't going to State. We have maroon madness on a 9 foot goal, kentucky sells out Rupp Arena and has Drake warming up with the players.

But hey that's just me maybe Malik doesn't like Drake*****

Intramural All-American
10-21-2014, 06:37 PM
Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out he isn't going to State. We have maroon madness on a 9 foot goal, kentucky sells out Rupp Arena and has Drake warming up with the players.

I guess the studs that are committed to Texas A&M don't like Drake, either? And I guess the #1 player in the nation committed to LSU doesn't like Drake either? You have gone basketball retard way too early this year.

HailState39110
10-21-2014, 06:45 PM

Very true . I'll be pulling for Ray to make it happen this year .

engie
10-21-2014, 06:48 PM

That's got shit to do with shit. But you are too stupid to realize it -- and will conveniently disappear when you are wrong.

drunkernhelldawg
10-21-2014, 06:59 PM
Sigh

mic
10-21-2014, 07:09 PM
Click to enlarge

That puts their class at #2 in 247 rankings. This all taken from SP, so I'm unaware of the accuracy. Oh, and apparently we've dropped from Top 10 to #40.

Thoughts?

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/Seinfelds-George-Popcorn-Gif.gif

No one is pointing out that ALL four players are from TX..
Including this years class with MN there has barely been a total of 4 prospects rated that high in this state in the past 3 years....
Lot easier to get in state talent to play for ya ....

War Machine Dawg
10-21-2014, 07:21 PM
Pretty much this entire thread......as usual......

http://i.imgur.com/B0PQXbO.jpg

Political Hack
10-21-2014, 08:12 PM
We'll probably win it all.

MarketingBully01
10-21-2014, 10:02 PM
Sigh

Yep, it's that time of year again. I much rather focus on our bad ass football season atm. I will give Stricklin credit. He has done an outstanding job on building up our facilities and giving Mullen and Cohen whatever they need to build national championship programs in football and baseball. His only blight was the basketball hire. Either way it will eventually sort itself out here. Luckily for Ray, our football and baseball programs are off the chain. When that happens, nobody really cares about basketball.

preachermatt83
10-21-2014, 10:19 PM

yup!

JOHNHEVESYMADE
10-21-2014, 11:43 PM
That's got shit to do with shit. But you are too stupid to realize it -- and will conveniently disappear when you are wrong.

lol whatever you say Engie.

SDDawg
10-22-2014, 12:09 AM
Rick Ray gets to the post-season and we sign Malik. NEXT!?!?!?

thf24
10-22-2014, 12:22 AM
Man, I wish I could be as sure of future events I have no real way of knowing as some of you apparently are. I'd probably have a little less gray hair for starters.

Dawg61
10-22-2014, 07:42 AM
Fallou Ndoye is going HAM this year!! We winning 16 games!! Shit ya

msstate7
10-22-2014, 07:43 AM
Fallou Ndoye is going HAM this year!! We winning 16 games!! Shit ya

I realize you don't like ray, but why bash ndoye before he even plays his first minute?

notsofarawaydawg
10-22-2014, 07:48 AM
Stans > Freeze

thf24
10-22-2014, 07:55 AM
Stans > Freeze

Not so fast, Freeze just needs to finish in the top 16 to pass him.**

Dawg61
10-22-2014, 07:55 AM
I realize you don't like ray, but why bash ndoye before he even plays his first minute?

I'm not bashing Ndoye. He's had almost two years with Ray before he logs minute 1 so I want to see him play.

MabenMaroon
10-22-2014, 08:37 AM
GD!!! Starting this crap all over again. The season hasn't even started yet, and from what a good many of the comments on this thread show, is that many of you are acting as if you want us to fail just so you can say "I told you so". The league is tough enough to play in and now they have to compete with a fan base that is half loaded with negative ninnies.
The media pundits had the football team picked as high as 4th in the SECW with most predicting 5th. Many 'experts' said that we don't recruit at high enough level and that Coach Mullen didn't have the coaching acumen to get us over the hump and be able to compete with the elite in our conference ( and many on these message boards were echoing the same thoughts and sentiments ). I know many of y'all want to bash Coach Ray and the AD for what has gone down in the basketball program, but all they are trying to do is advance the program and you have to start somewhere. The previous basketball program had stagnated and was not moving forward, it was time for a change, as over half the fan base was clamoring for ( shown by attendance and attitude ). Has the basketball program become the last vestige of the MSU fanbase that is going to hang on to the old line thinking of how things should be around here, that we should be satisfied with the upper levels of mediocrity. I for one say NO! The basketball program, as well as any other athletic program, requires the fan base and the administration buying in and supporting, then the winning will come just like the football program. Or do you choose not to believe the premises that Coaches Mullen, Cohen, Studeman, Schaefer, Brown-Lemn have professed and have shown to be working. Why is basketball different with the naysayers?
If come late February or early March and the men's basketball program is tanking or regressing, then by all means pile on your negative aspersions, comments and negativism. But at least give the new season a chance before you start writing it off, unless you want a real dumpster fire analogous to where the Florida football program is right now and we don't even have anywhere near the history in basketball that that storied program has in football.

PS: don't read this as a pro or negative Coach Stansbury, I was very fond of him as our coach and proud of what he accomplished during his tenure both with the wins and losses category as well as what was accomplished in the facility improvements. And always felt that we stood a better than decent chance of competing for conference championships any time he fielded a team. Let's just give the current Coach and AD the benefit of a doubt, at leastuntil that is no longer tenable and we are far from being at that point right now. My rant is over.

engie
10-22-2014, 09:36 AM

Because that's what he does -- he bashes players. If you are looking for any semblance of logic in an opposing viewpoint, you won't find it from any of the vocal Ray haters. Better talk to Hack and Cadaver -- they can actually carry on a conversation that you won't get dumber for having.

engie
10-22-2014, 09:39 AM
GD!!! Starting this crap all over again. The season hasn't even started yet, and from what a good many of the comments on this thread show, is that many of you are acting as if you want us to fail just so you can say "I told you so". The league is tough enough to play in and now they have to compete with a fan base that is half loaded with negative ninnies.
The media pundits had the football team picked as high as 4th in the SECW with most predicting 5th. Many 'experts' said that we don't recruit at high enough level and that Coach Mullen didn't have the coaching acumen to get us over the hump and be able to compete with the elite in our conference ( and many on these message boards were echoing the same thoughts and sentiments ). I know many of y'all want to bash Coach Ray and the AD for what has gone down in the basketball program, but all they are trying to do is advance the program and you have to start somewhere. The previous basketball program had stagnated and was not moving forward, it was time for a change, as over half the fan base was clamoring for ( shown by attendance and attitude ). Has the basketball program become the last vestige of the MSU fanbase that is going to hang on to the old line thinking of how things should be around here, that we should be satisfied with the upper levels of mediocrity. I for one say NO! The basketball program, as well as any other athletic program, requires the fan base and the administration buying in and supporting, then the winning will come just like the football program. Or do you choose not to believe the premises that Coaches Mullen, Cohen, Studeman, Schaefer, Brown-Lemn have professed and have shown to be working. Why is basketball different with the naysayers?
If come late February or early March and the men's basketball program is tanking or regressing, then by all means pile on your negative aspersions, comments and negativism. But at least give the new season a chance before you start writing it off, unless you want a real dumpster fire analogous to where the Florida football program is right now and we don't even have anywhere near the history in basketball that that storied program has in football.

PS: don't read this as a pro or negative Coach Stansbury, I was very fond of him as our coach and proud of what he accomplished during his tenure both with the wins and losses category as well as what was accomplished in the facility improvements. And always felt that we stood a better than decent chance of competing for conference championships any time he fielded a team. Let's just give the current Coach and AD the benefit of a doubt, at leastuntil that is no longer tenable and we are far from being at that point right now. My rant is over.

Well said

Political Hack
10-22-2014, 09:48 AM
here at Mississippi State, we expect to compete for national championships.

Dawg61
10-22-2014, 09:59 AM
Because that's what he does -- he bashes players. If you are looking for any semblance of logic in an opposing viewpoint, you won't find it from any of the vocal Ray haters. Better talk to Hack and Cadaver -- they can actually carry on a conversation that you won't get dumber for having.

Wow you got all that from my simple post. Awesome. I am excited to see Ndoye wether you think I'm being sarcastic or not. He's supposedly improved. I'm excited to see his development.

MarketingBully01
10-22-2014, 10:37 AM

I'm past the point of even caring about our basketball program. I've reached Croom circa 2006 indifference. That was Croom's third year as well. If we are good this year, great. If not, we will move on. Heck, even Croom made a bowl game by his fourth year. Maybe Ray will make the NIT in his third year which is basically the equivalent and just a hair under Croom. If we are good, I will be pleasantly surprised. If not, basketball can just be a distraction between football and baseball seasons.

tcdog70
10-22-2014, 10:57 AM
I am going to Go into the Round Ball season with an open Mind and Hope that Rick Ray can get us 20 wins. I am way more a MSU basketball fan than I am a Rick Ray hater. I will point out when I think we sux and I will pass out an ATTABOY when it is deserved-IMHO.

Coach34
10-22-2014, 11:13 AM
I'm past the point of even caring about our basketball program. I've reached Croom circa 2006 indifference. That was Croom's third year as well. If we are good this year, great. If not, we will move on. Heck, even Croom made a bowl game by his fourth year. Maybe Ray will make the NIT in his third year which is basically the equivalent and just a hair under Croom. If we are good, I will be pleasantly surprised. If not, basketball can just be a distraction between football and baseball seasons.

and to me- that's just stupid. This is the first chance Ray had had to show us what he's got. There should be tons of excitement

cheewgumm
10-22-2014, 11:18 AM
I'm Fired up about Ray this year.

We finally have some actual players (in numbers) so his style of play can be done more effectively.

thf24
10-22-2014, 11:34 AM
The number one factor that will make a difference this year is that we have four guys who can effectively defend the post instead of just one. That was the biggest reason for our defensive breakdowns the past two years, and there was simply nothing to be done about it. We have a little bit more in the other area that's been lacking, shooting, but still not as much as would be desirable.

engie
10-22-2014, 11:40 AM

Fair approach.

This year will tell the tale either way.

engie
10-22-2014, 11:43 AM
The number one factor that will make a difference this year is that we have four guys who can effectively defend the post instead of just one. That was the biggest reason for our defensive breakdowns the past two years, and there was simply nothing to be done about it. We have a little bit more in the other area that's been lacking, shooting, but still not as much as would be desirable.

As usual, you are spot on here... I'm interested to see the continued development of our shooters. Fred was pretty good the last half of the season, and Sword actually started having some range toward the end of the season. We already expect Ready to be pretty lights out, hopefully he's gotten more aggressive with his shot selection. I'm most interested to see Houston and Daniels, who some close to the program are expecting to be our two best overall players...

Percho
10-22-2014, 11:51 AM
Wow you got all that from my simple post. Awesome. I am excited to see Ndoye wether you think I'm being sarcastic or not. He's supposedly improved. I'm excited to see his development.

Will you be at every game to watch the progress, if any?

tcdog70
10-22-2014, 01:54 PM
As usual, you are spot on here... I'm interested to see the continued development of our shooters. Fred was pretty good the last half of the season, and Sword actually started having some range toward the end of the season. We already expect Ready to be pretty lights out, hopefully he's gotten more aggressive with his shot selection. I'm most interested to see Houston and Daniels, who some close to the program are expecting to be our two best overall players...

ok, will agree with both post. Hope we win twenty-now is time for Ray to show Us something.

Dawg61
10-22-2014, 02:30 PM
Will you be at every game to watch the progress, if any?

Haven't asked my employers if I can get twenty days off for MSU basketball yet. I'll get back to you with their response.