PDA

View Full Version : Being Number One requires an attitude adjustment...

AlmostPositive
10-21-2014, 11:54 AM
Specifically, it makes it unnecessary to respond to fans of lesser teams.

I'm transitioning from enjoying a jab or two in Ole Miss's direction, to enjoying ignoring their fans entirely. Why punch down?

We'll either make or win the Playoff or we won't, but it's pointless to engage jealous fans or give credence to homeristic buffoons in the media. Why engage them in any way?

They know we're Number One and they don't like it. .. I say let 'em work through that on their own.

TUSK
10-21-2014, 12:00 PM
Specifically, it makes it unnecessary to respond to fans of lesser teams.

I'm transitioning from enjoying a jab or two in Ole Miss's direction, to enjoying ignoring their fans entirely. Why punch down?

We'll either make or win the Playoff or we won't, but it's pointless to engage jealous fans or give credence to homeristic buffoons in the media. Why engage them in any way?

They know we're Number One and they don't like it. .. I say let 'em work through that on their own.

It's too soon to skip to Phase 2.

Kick em in the balls.

chef dixon
10-21-2014, 12:07 PM
I disagree. Talk all the noise you want, that's what its all about.

AlmostPositive
10-21-2014, 12:24 PM
I disagree. Talk all the noise you want, that's what its all about.

I'm not recommending silence, just not responding on their terms. We have the right to be loud as we want; we just don't have to take anybody else's carping seriously.

DownwardDawg
10-21-2014, 12:27 PM
I just tell them that being number 3 is pretty nice and they should be proud and hold their heads up.

Political Hack
10-21-2014, 12:32 PM
it's cute that they're #3. absolutely precious.

Sacrifice
10-21-2014, 12:41 PM
I just can't handle anymore talk about there F-in defense. I can't even watch the SEC network, espn or listen to the radio without hearing about there D. I hope LSU drops 40 points on there ass and runs for 400 yards. I thought the beaver was a offensive genius??? What happened to that??

Dawgface
10-21-2014, 01:05 PM
I just can't handle anymore talk about there F-in defense. I can't even watch the SEC network, espn or listen to the radio without hearing about there D. I hope LSU drops 40 points on there ass and runs for 400 yards. I thought the beaver was a offensive genius??? What happened to that??

Didn't OM have basically the same D last year in the Egg? When Dak came in we seemed to move the ball pretty well. I think we will be fine when we play them.

Jack Lambert
10-21-2014, 01:28 PM
Didn't OM have basically the same D last year in the Egg? When Dak came in we seemed to move the ball pretty well. I think we will be fine when we play them.

I think their Defense has improve some since last season but our offense has improved way more. I do want to add that our defense is way better than their offense.

archdog
10-21-2014, 01:50 PM
No need to compare the two. They will meet on the field in about a month. All will be sorted out on one Saturday after Tday. Until then, yes we should give them props, but no need to engage in hypotheticals about their team. Our team has work to do. I want all the #1 votes hands down. To do that we have to go to work. Beat Kentucky any way possible.