PDA

View Full Version : New NC odds...

TUSK
10-21-2014, 11:52 AM
MSU, mich st, fsu, Oregon & Uga at 15/2.

Bammer & Mississippi slightly shorter at 7/1.

cheewgumm
10-21-2014, 11:59 AM
They definitely have the schedule. If they don't get there, there is no excuse. I'd love to know we had Bama and Ole Miss University coming to Starkville.

HoopsDawg
10-21-2014, 12:01 PM

It's going to be interesting. FSU is in b/c I don't see them losing another game. So you have 6 teams competing for 3 spots. The Big 12 is SOL. UGA won't get it done.

1. Miss State
2. Ole Missus
3. AU/Bama counts as one team since they will eliminate each other
4. OSU/Mich State same as above
5. Oregon
6. Notre Dame

AlmostPositive
10-21-2014, 12:03 PM
How many of these geniuses had us undefeated at this point in the season? Answer: None. Nuff said.

HoopsDawg
10-21-2014, 12:06 PM
It's going to be interesting. FSU is in b/c I don't see them losing another game. So you have 6 teams competing for 3 spots. The Big 12 is SOL. UGA won't get it done.

1. Miss State
2. Ole Missus
3. AU/Bama counts as one team since they will eliminate each other
4. OSU/Mich State same as above
5. Oregon
6. Notre Dame

Here's where it gets hairy. Assume Bama runs the table and wins the SEC, they are in. Let's assume MSU beats Ole Missus. Michigan State, Oregon and Notre Dame all finish with only one loss. Would the committee take a one loss Miss State over a conference champion like Oregon or Michigan State or a 1 loss Notre Dame. I say no.

dawgs
10-21-2014, 12:09 PM
Here's where it gets hairy. Assume Bama runs the table and wins the SEC, they are in. Let's assume MSU beats Ole Missus. Michigan State, Oregon and Notre Dame all finish with only one loss. Would the committee take a one loss Miss State over a conference champion like Oregon or Michigan State or a 1 loss Notre Dame. I say no.

I think we'd be ahead of Michigan st. Oregon is clearly ahead of Michigan st since they beat them by 20+. And Michigan st just won't have the quality of Ws to compare to us. Not sure on ND.

deltadawg99
10-21-2014, 12:15 PM
IMO the SEC is going to have trouble getting in 2.

My best guess would be SEC champ, Oregon and FSU would be locks with Notre Dame, Michigan State, Ohio State and an SEC team competing for the final spot.

cheewgumm
10-21-2014, 12:18 PM
I think getting 2 is gong to be difficult. It's not right, but it is.

I feel like we have to win out, which is going to be very difficult. We have a good team and if we play well, will have a chance.

Coach34
10-21-2014, 12:33 PM

It's because we play you both on the road. If even one were at home- we'd be about 4/1 right now

Coach34
10-21-2014, 12:37 PM
IMO the SEC is going to have trouble getting in 2.

My best guess would be SEC champ, Oregon and FSU would be locks with Notre Dame, Michigan State, Ohio State and an SEC team competing for the final spot.

Think about this:

Bama beats State and Auburn- ends with loss
State loses to Bammer- beats Ole Missus.
Ole Missus wins out until losing the Egg Bowl at home.

3-way tie with teams at 11-1. Tiebreaker decides West champ and then the playoff committee would be forced to pick probably pick one of the other 2- but who would they pick? Could get ugly at the end

HoopsDawg
10-21-2014, 12:57 PM
Think about this:

Bama beats State and Auburn- ends with loss
State loses to Bammer- beats Ole Missus.
Ole Missus wins out until losing the Egg Bowl at home.

3-way tie with teams at 11-1. Tiebreaker decides West champ and then the playoff committee would be forced to pick probably pick one of the other 2- but who would they pick? Could get ugly at the end

That's actually pretty easy. Bama would play in Atlanta so they would be in. We would have beaten OM at OM so we would be in. But that's assuming they would take us over a one loss conference champion or Notre Dame.

jumbo
10-21-2014, 01:00 PM
I think the only way the SEC gets 2 in is if all the other conference champions have 2 losses and the 2nd SEC team has 1

msstate7
10-21-2014, 01:05 PM
If we go undefeated and auburn wins out, we'd both get in or Om goes undefeated and bama wins out IMO

starkvegasdawg
10-21-2014, 01:06 PM
Here is the only way I see the west getting two teams in. For this example I will use MSU and TSUN. Both teams run the table to the Egg Bowl and are sitting at 11-0. MSU wins the egg bowl to go to Atlanta and drops TSUN to 11-1. The SEC east rep already has two losses coming into the SECCG. We win SECCG to sit at 13-0. We are definitely in. The east rep now has 3 losses so they are eliminated. Then, depending on how the rest of the teams shake out TSUN might get an invite as a 1 loss team that did not make it to their conference championship game. If the east rep's 2nd loss is to us in the CG and the SEC is set to get two teams into the playoffs then a 2 loss team that made the CG may get the nod over a 1 loss team that did not. Would not be fair but I think there is a strong chance the committee rewards winning your division - even if it is weaker and Bo's arm.

I, for one, can't wait to see their first rankings release to get a feel of what they are thinking. I have this suspicion they are going to have at least one team in there that makes everybody turn their head to an angle like a dog that heard a strange noise.

LC Dawg
10-21-2014, 01:17 PM
Since we are going to be SEC champions I hope like hell that only one SEC team gets in.

HoopsDawg
10-21-2014, 01:28 PM
Here's my predicition as of today.

1. FSU
2. Bama
3. Oregon
4. Miss State

We play FSU in New Orleans. Bama plays Oregon in Pasadena.

*Notre Dame will lose again. Michigan State fans will be pissed that their 1 loss team didn't make it. Col Reb will be crying.

Johnson85
10-21-2014, 01:36 PM
Here's my predicition as of today.

1. FSU
2. Bama
3. Oregon
4. Miss State

We play FSU in New Orleans. Bama plays Oregon in Pasadena.

*Notre Dame will lose again. Michigan State fans will be pissed that their 1 loss team didn't make it. Col Reb will be crying.

I'm not sure they'll put a#1 seed FSU versus SEC in New Orleans. They say they won't put a #1 seed in a road environment. Tallahassie is pretty close to New Orleans so with limited tickets, I would think you'd end up with a 50/50 split more than a road environment. But I would say that's a little easier of a trip for an MSU or Bama fanbase than FSU, so maybe they won't see it that way.

TUSK
10-21-2014, 11:03 PM
1-secc: 1 loss bammer/AU or undefeated MSU/um or Uga.
2-undefeated fsu.
3-one loss Oregon or one loss ND.
4-one loss big 10 or one loss big 12 champ.
5- sec#2

cheewgumm
10-21-2014, 11:12 PM
That is probably the way it is going to happen. BS but you're probably right Tusk.

What happen if:

Notre Dame loses
FSU loses
Oregon loses again
Mich State loses again

Nobody is talking about that. Then we're looking at:

Miss State
Bama
Auburn
Ole Miss U

Rematches all over the place. That would be wild.

SDDawg
10-21-2014, 11:16 PM
Ole Miss is going to lose AT LEAST 2 games. They are OUT, mark it down. Barely beat Bama, will lose to Auburn, State and quite possibly LSU. I would not even waste the keystrokes on them, jmho.... :D

cheewgumm
10-21-2014, 11:19 PM
I agree Randy. I'm honestly thinking they lose on Saturday too. But we'll see.

PMDawg
10-22-2014, 08:08 AM
November 29th will be a four team playoff for the West. I think all 4 teams will still be alive for the crown entering saturday, all 4 fanbases will have to watch both games and have 2 favorable results to win it. It will be an epic day in SEC history.