PDA

View Full Version : Jimbo Fisher Walks Out On Media in Birmingham

TheRef
10-21-2014, 10:20 AM
I thought this was interesting. Watch his reaction to when the media in Birmingham ask him about the Jameis situation towards the end of the video. This was done prior to speaking at the Monday Morning Quarterback Club in Brimingham yesterday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNoUtulBDVY

Jack Lambert
10-21-2014, 10:28 AM
Jimbo sold his soul for that demon Winston. He will fall because of the sell. What a loser!

He just admitted that they run Pick plays. Just saying.

Also he and Les Miles should inter into a cry baby contest.

thf24
10-21-2014, 10:28 AM
I've gotten a lot happier lately that we didn't hire this guy in 2004.

shoeless joe
10-21-2014, 10:30 AM
Very little respect for him. He wants all the attention and accolades that come with a top team but doesn't want to be held accountable for his decisions...makes sense.

hometowndawg
10-21-2014, 10:57 AM
Jimbo being a DIVA

Thought it was gonna get confrontational when the reporter reached out to grab jimbo by the arm

GreenheadDawg
10-21-2014, 11:21 AM
That was awkward.. Jimbo Fisher is a bigger fraud than Beaver

chainedup_Dawg
10-21-2014, 11:21 AM

preachermatt83
10-21-2014, 11:25 AM
I have zero respect for Jimbo fisher. What a baby!

Rick Danko
10-21-2014, 11:33 AM
I'm not defending him one bit over the Winston situation, I think in the end it could potentially ruin his career, then again, nothing more may ever come of it. However, I cannot blame him for getting pissed when it is reported that he was guaranteed before the interview there would be no questions regarding Winston and apparently it is being said that all the interviewers were not told Winston questions were off limits, making for a very awkward situation, thus the look on his face when he was hit with the questions.

DownwardDawg
10-21-2014, 11:47 AM

Me too. I was telling someone yesterday, "Thank God we didn't hire Jimbo". Even if it meant we had to endure Croom, because we ended up with Mullen.

thf24
10-21-2014, 11:47 AM
I'm not defending him one bit over the Winston situation, I think in the end it could potentially ruin his career, then again, nothing more may ever come of it. However, I cannot blame him for getting pissed when it is reported that he was guaranteed before the interview there would be no questions regarding Winston and apparently it is being said that all the interviewers were not told Winston questions were off limits, making for a very awkward situation, thus the look on his face when he was hit with the questions.

Fair enough, but it's still weak on his part to ask for exemption from addressing a very relevant national issue within his program.

Westdawg
10-21-2014, 11:53 AM
And that bald guy up front is one that Fisher knows well, it was obvious that those two have known each other for a long time so that was not just some random reporter that was trying to get his story. Jimbo is showing his nature there.

Jack Lambert
10-21-2014, 12:40 PM

He's a tax pay rolled public figure and no question should be banned if it is about him and what he is doing that can affect the University he represents. If he doesn’t want to answer the question just say that and move on. Eventually the press will move on but the way he handle it, they are really going to drag him over the hot coals now.

Dawgface
10-21-2014, 12:51 PM
Very little respect for him. He wants all the attention and accolades that come with a top team but doesn't want to be held accountable for his decisions...makes sense.

Exactly. He might as well just refuse all interviews because the Winston saga is what is on the minds of the media and the public. No respect for Jimbo at all.

BulldogBear
10-21-2014, 12:52 PM
Like I said he reminds of me of a shady used car salesman these days. He has hitched his ship to the Winstanic and will go down with him. You watch. At this point... smoke, fire, duck, duck, goose. Psychology 101. Indignantly defensive = guilt. He at least knew about and worst case was involved in the autograph thing.

War Machine Dawg
10-21-2014, 01:01 PM

You cray. A package deal of Fisher & Muschamp available, and you'd take LT's choice in Crxxm? Uhhhh.....ok.......We'd be so much further along if we'd hire Jimbo then it isn't funny.

Rick Danko
10-21-2014, 01:01 PM
He's a tax pay rolled public figure and no question should be banned if it is about him and what he is doing that can affect the University he represents. If he doesn’t want to answer the question just say that and move on. Eventually the press will move on but the way he handle it, they are really going to drag him over the hot coals now.

True, but again, he was informed by someone from the University that he would not be presented the question, so the fault lies with them. Second, he was asked by one man and said I'm not answering, lets move on to Louisville, everything will be fine. When hit with it by a second reporter, he ends the interview. Again, not saying he is right in all this, just trying to keep the facts straight.

thf24
10-21-2014, 01:15 PM
You cray. A package deal of Fisher & Muschamp available, and you'd take LT's choice in Crxxm? Uhhhh.....ok.......We'd be so much further along if we'd hire Jimbo then it isn't funny.

Where would we be right now if we'd gotten trashed by the NCAA after the 2008 season, in part due to tampering with a rape investigation of one of our players? Because there's a real possibility that's where they'll be after year five under Jimbo.

Even if FSU worms its way out of its current situation... just imagine what Bracky would do in the midst of all the FSU rumors if they were swirling around us instead.

quickstrike2
10-21-2014, 01:16 PM
Jimbo sounds a lot like Gene Chizik. I was indifferent on the guy till the Notre Dame game. During that when they are reshowing all his interviews on Winston and he continuously just says the facts tell the truth and basically said Winston has never done anything wrong and is actually a perfect human being. There are no facts, anything Winston has done has been swept under a rug and really not even investigated. I keep hearing that he might get kicked out of school, and I guess he might about February.

Jack Lambert
10-21-2014, 01:18 PM
True, but again, he was informed by someone from the University that he would not be presented the question, so the fault lies with them. Second, he was asked by one man and said I'm not answering, lets move on to Louisville, everything will be fine. When hit with it by a second reporter, he ends the interview. Again, not saying he is right in all this, just trying to keep the facts straight.

Your right but he is still the Head Coach and the AD or who ever should not have to do that for him. He should be a big boy and earn the 5 million they pay him or what ever it is.

Rick Danko
10-21-2014, 01:22 PM
Your right but he is still the Head Coach and the AD or who ever should not have to do that for him. He should be a big boy and earn the 5 million they pay him or what ever it is.

Granted, but at the same time it probably gets pretty old answering the same question with the same answer over and over.

"Do you know anything else on Winston!"
"No nothing new, he's gonna be fine"

Sometimes I'm sure as a coach he probably wants to talk about football, but I get what you're saying.