PDA

View Full Version : Help clarify what Neal McCready ment when he said this on Bo's show this morning.

Jack Lambert
10-21-2014, 08:44 AM
He said not qouted, Everyone is comparing Dak to Tebow but Dak doesn't have the tools around him. Just reading the words you would think he ment that Dak was better because he doesn't have the tools around him and he is getting it done. However the tone of his voice made it sound like Dak will not get it done because he doesn't have the tools around him.

I do not like that guy but still trying to figure him out on this statement. It is another reason to not like him?

Jacksondevildog
10-21-2014, 08:47 AM
Percy Harvin was better in college than anyone that we have on our current roster. Hernandez at tight end was better than our tight ends. They probably had some higher end offensive talent than we do. That's not a knock on us. We are more physical than they were and more balanced through the passing game.

cheewgumm
10-21-2014, 08:53 AM
Translation: " Yes Dak is great but State is not because they don't have the star recruits,"

chainedup_Dawg
10-21-2014, 09:01 AM
He said not qouted, Everyone is comparing Dak to Tebow but Dak doesn't have the tools around him. Just reading the words you would think he ment that Dak was better because he doesn't have the tools around him and he is getting it done. However the tone of his voice made it sound like Dak will not get it done because he doesn't have the tools around him.

I do not like that guy but still trying to figure him out on this statement. It is another reason to not like him?

Good rule of thumb is, if it came out of McCready's mouth, it was a slight at State. The guy can't talk about anything without at least trying to take a jab at State.

LC Dawg
10-21-2014, 09:02 AM
Translation: " Yes Dak is great but State is not because they don't have the star recruits,"

That's exactly what he meant. Our success is killing McCready more than any other Bear.

cheewgumm
10-21-2014, 09:04 AM
BTW this is great for us. OMU needs to think we are a pushover. Hell, there's no reason to even really prepare for that game...State has
No chance.

Jacksondevildog
10-21-2014, 09:09 AM
He made the comment last year before we played Arkansas that our program was trending down and hopeless. Since the comment, we have won 9 straight games and ranked 1 in the nation.

cheewgumm
10-21-2014, 09:12 AM
He has a hard time separating what he wants to happen from what is actually happening.

I have the same problem but in just a biased fan.

MadDawg
10-21-2014, 09:25 AM
Couple other McReady nuggets:

The rebels have a multi-faceted offense. (since they ran the ball a little against UT I guess) They can score any time they want to.

The rebs have two games left on their schedule that will be a challenge - Auburn and MSU. LSU will be a walk in the park. 2+ TD win.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-21-2014, 09:36 AM
McReady grew up in Louisiana, but was more of a bama fan...that should tell you everything you need to know about the guy right there.

rbdog82
10-21-2014, 09:55 AM
He also said MSU is a defensive team. While I agree our defense is the best it's been in years; I'd hardly discount the 42ppg (2nd in SEC) and 530ypg (1st in SEC...let that sink in). McReady is a hack.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/conferences/statistics/team/_/stat/total/year/2014/id/8/sec-conference

maroonmania
10-21-2014, 10:44 AM
Percy Harvin was better in college than anyone that we have on our current roster. Hernandez at tight end was better than our tight ends. They probably had some higher end offensive talent than we do. That's not a knock on us. We are more physical than they were and more balanced through the passing game.

Yep, FL in that timeframe had a better slot guy and better TE BUT FL in no way had a running back comparable to Josh Robinson nor did they have a wideout that was physically equal to what Bear Wilson provides for us. And I think Dak is a better passer than Tebow was all around. Probably a wash when all is said and done.

Jacksondevildog
10-21-2014, 11:25 AM
Yep, FL in that timeframe had a better slot guy and better TE BUT FL in no way had a running back comparable to Josh Robinson nor did they have a wideout that was physically equal to what Bear Wilson provides for us. And I think Dak is a better passer than Tebow was all around. Probably a wash when all is said and done.

Dak is definitely the better passer and Robinson is better than their tailbacks, except when they lined up Harvin in the backfield.