PDA

View Full Version : Amazing Muschamp stat....

missouridawg
10-20-2014, 10:41 PM
From a Clay Travis article:

2. Will Muschamp has lost twice while Florida has given up less than 120 yards of offense.
How statistically improable is that outcome? In the past ten years of FBS football it has only happened 96 times. Ninety-four of those times the team holding a team to less than 120 yards has won. The only two losses? Will Muschamp's Gators team.
Unless Georgia Georgias the Cocktail Party -- which, to be fair, has happened a ton of times over the years -- Florida has no real chance of wining in two weeks. When the Gators lose I'd expect Muschamp to be fired. (Yes, I know Jeremy Foley said he wouldn't do it before the season ended, but I don't believe it's fair to Muschamp to leave him dangling in the breeze when it's clear to everyone that he's not coming pack. At that point a 3-4 Gators team would also have three winnable games in a row -- at Vanderbilt, South Carolina, and Eastern Kentucky. Why not go ahead and pull the band aid off before Muschamp puts together a few wins and enters the FSU game at 6-4 or 5-5?

ShotgunDawg
10-20-2014, 11:30 PM
I hope Muschamp keeps his job because I don't want him to be A&M's DC next year.

bluelightstar
10-20-2014, 11:39 PM
the numbers are actually worse. Over the last 10 seasons, teams are 147-2 when holding their opponents to 120yds or fewer, both losses under Muschamp. 96 makes it seem better than it actually is.

Dawgface
10-21-2014, 07:48 AM
I hope Muschamp keeps his job because I don't want him to be A&M's DC next year.

I don't either. But you have to figure they will go after him hard.

Irondawg
10-21-2014, 08:30 AM
I don't either. But you have to figure they will go after him hard.

I assume he would be on our short list too if someone offers Collins a hc job somewhere or he gets a massive pay raise so we here else

Not sure how attractive that am job is really going to be for a good dc other than the massive salary