PDA

View Full Version : I've tried waking from my slumber..

FlabLoser
10-20-2014, 09:08 PM
...but we're still #1. Is this for real?

Still hard to really take this in. I will never get used to this.

State82
10-20-2014, 09:12 PM
Yep. It's tough to wrap your brain around this whole deal. Still not used to it.

Quaoarsking
10-20-2014, 09:49 PM
You know that movie Vanilla Sky? I've wondered a couple of times if I'm in one of those scenarios...

BossDawg
10-20-2014, 10:02 PM
It's hard to believe, especially if you're super-pessimistic like me. Kind of bittersweet in a way. I love it, but at the same time it's worrying the shit out of me because I'm just waiting on it all to crash and burn in our faces.

TaleofTwoDogs
10-20-2014, 10:42 PM
We are all in the same river boat, we love the cruise but can't stop thinking it's going to run aground. Hopefully, Capt Mullen keeps us in the channel all the way to the promise land.

LC Dawg
10-21-2014, 12:00 AM
When it comes to the Bulldogs I'm as pessimistic as anyone but I'm convinced we should just sit back and enjoy this year. We are the best team in the nation. We've handled our business to this point and I don't see any reason we won't from here out. I'm going to enjoy the ride.

Schultzy
10-21-2014, 04:57 AM
I'm going to allow myself to enjoy it for as long as the streak lasts which might be a while. Especially since this team is such a good group of guys we can be proud of.

I wondered if this would ever happen but have always asked, why not us? Regardless of what happens now we have taken a step forward this year in public perception.

AROB44
10-21-2014, 05:35 AM
I am trying to figure out what episode of the Twilight Zone I am stuck in.

starkvegasdawg
10-21-2014, 05:48 AM
I am trying to figure out what episode of the Twilight Zone I am stuck in.
You're in the episode where your evil little brother is insanely jealous of you and does everything to make people think he is you. Big bro #1? Well I'm #3 and should be one. Big bro has a legit heisman candidate? Well I'll selectively pick some numbers from my players to make it look like we have contenders too. Big bro has a fan base all in? I have one that gets drunk and crashes the press conference. Big bro wins a high stakes game and the fans act like it was expected? Well I...uh...I...dammit. I hate my brother!!!!

notsofarawaydawg
10-21-2014, 08:52 AM
I've been a Bulldog fan for 52 years now. Never wanted to go anywhere else once I was old enough to make that decision. I love Mississippi State and everything it stands for and out of the 5 children in my family, three of us have degrees from MSU. I've taken the constant criticism over the years for being a Bulldog and those people hate to see me coming around the corner after our #1 ranking. Not that I act like a Bama fan and go all crazy on them, but it's nice to give the shit back to them after all these years of sticking with my university and the Bulldogs. I can say that when I reflect sometimes I do get teary eyed with happiness. It's a great day to be a Bulldog.

RougeDawg
10-21-2014, 09:48 AM
I can honestly say that I'm not one bit surprised at us sitting here 6-0. I fully expected us to win every game up until Bama, before the season started. Every week my entire group of tailgate buddies told me I was an idiot to predict we would handle and dominate LSU, A&M, and AU in a row. That was before I knew what Bama had. Now I fully expect to heave T-Town 10-0. This team is special and on a mission. If we stay healthy, we are the better "team" in every game going forward. We have the most depth and experience in the SEC and we have seen the results the last 3 games. There's no reason to think we won't continue doing what we have been doing.

blacklistedbully
10-21-2014, 10:02 AM
I can honestly say that I'm not one bit surprised at us sitting here 6-0. I fully expected us to win every game up until Bama, before the season started. Every week my entire group of tailgate buddies told me I was an idiot to predict we would handle and dominate LSU, A&M, and AU in a row. That was before I knew what Bama had. Now I fully expect to heave T-Town 10-0. This team is special and on a mission. If we stay healthy, we are the better "team" in every game going forward. We have the most depth and experience in the SEC and we have seen the results the last 3 games. There's no reason to think we won't continue doing what we have been doing.

I think you & I have been saying this since the summer at least. I expected LSU to be down due to all the personnel losses the past 2 years. I figured aTm would drop due to loss of Manziel & Evans. I figured we would be greatly improved due to Prescott & JRob taking over for LP, and the experience returning, and felt we should have beaten Auburn 4 of the past 5, so would do it this year. I truly felt & stated @ Bama was the only game I didn't feel warm & fuzzy about. The one thing I got wrong so far was Ole Miss doing much better than I expected. Still think we're going to kick their ass this November anyway.

fishwater99
10-21-2014, 10:20 AM

I was one of the biggest critics of Mullen, but I am now fully on-board the Championship Train...

Hail State !!!