PDA

View Full Version : Matt Wyatt tweeting that LSU has no chance against TSUN

starkvegasdawg
10-20-2014, 02:55 PM
Saying there is no way they can score on TSUN's defense and after the 5th three and out the crowd will be dead.

Me thinks he tries too hard to be impartial or his bear wife is withholding sex or something unless he extolls how great they are.

civildawg
10-20-2014, 02:57 PM
Honestly I agree with him

CadaverDawg
10-20-2014, 02:59 PM
He's just building up the Rebs like they do themselves, and waiting for the glorious meltdown if they fail to meet expectations Saturday.

Covercorner2
10-20-2014, 03:01 PM
The line is only -3 for a reason. We all thought Bama would blow them out too...

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-20-2014, 03:01 PM
The rebs do not have the chest for this...they know this is their fanbases's super bowl and the pressure will be thick. I expect Bro Ballace to throw 2 ints in the first quarter.

RossDawg82
10-20-2014, 03:03 PM
The rebs do not have the chest for this...they know this is their fanbases's super bowl and the pressure will be thick. I expect Bro Ballace to throw 2 ints in the first quarter.

We have been saying this every game this year. They are playing great football the last 3 games especially from the defensive side of the ball

RC3
10-20-2014, 03:03 PM
Giving bulletin board material for lsu. Hell yeah

Political Hack
10-20-2014, 03:12 PM
OM's run defense is giving up 3.3 and 3.7 yards per carry on 1st and 2nd downs. They give up hardly anything on 3rd downs. They're selling out on 3rd and short. If I know it, Miles knows it. Run, run, play action... and they're going to hit some big ones on them.

I don't expect LSU to control the clock and sustain long drives, but I do think they'll hit some big PA passes on 3rd downs that are going to make this game close.

Also, Bo Wallace has 6 INTs... all in the first half. Think what that's going to do to Tiger Stadium?!?!! His 3rd down completion percentage is in the 50's... not in the 60's where they'd have you think he is. The screen passes on 1st and 2nd downs are inflating his numbers a lot.

This is going to be a close game down the stretch.

cheewgumm
10-20-2014, 03:13 PM
It could very well play out that way.

I thin ki fLSU can avoid mistakes, they can win. Hell, Tennessee was hanging and had a good plan. Worley just threw a couple of terrible interceptions. Thing is Jennings could do just that or worse.

The thing is, can LSU run on them?

Can they?

That is the question to me. If they can, then Ole Miss will also grow impatient quickly. They haven't been challenged in that way. IF, and its a big IF...that happens, I think OMUs in trouble.

He may be right on though. It's certainly the safe prediction.

I'm still sitting here drooling over those proposed lineups with Jameon back.

Jack Lambert
10-20-2014, 03:15 PM
I think LSU wins not because of their offense but because of their defense. Ole Miss blow people out by having their defense set up the offense. I don't think LSU turns it over.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-20-2014, 03:17 PM
We have been saying this every game this year. They are playing great football the last 3 games especially from the defensive side of the ball
I was being somewhat factious, but expect him to come out playing like he did against Memphis when he threw multiple first half ints. The rebs offense was average at best versus aTm and they had 7 straight 3 and outs to start versus uT. They're starting to show some wear on the O-line and I think that's what will keep them out of the running for the west.

RossDawg82
10-20-2014, 03:24 PM
I was being somewhat factious, but expect him to come out playing like he did against Memphis when he threw multiple first half ints. The rebs offense was average at best versus aTm and they had 7 straight 3 and outs to start versus uT. They're starting to show some wear on the O-line and I think that's what will keep them out of the running for the west.

I agree with you. If they can get to him early and LSU can find a way to make TSUN play from behind, Mr. Wallace will have a rough day at the office.

EAVdog
10-20-2014, 03:25 PM
I don't see LSU winning this one. I'm not trying to be funny either. If they had a QB I'd feel differently. I think Ole Miss's D is good enough to stop a one dimensional offense.

I see it being a 24-10 type game. Real close for 2-3 quarters but Ole Miss hitting a couple of quick plays for a TD or two to pull away.

starkvegasdawg
10-20-2014, 03:29 PM
Now Matt is on h2h saying Bucky did nothing wrong running up the score on tn and did nothing to apologize for. Is he trying to get a job at tsun?

cheewgumm
10-20-2014, 03:31 PM
I agree...they shoudl run it up. Like we should this weekend.

msstate7
10-20-2014, 03:31 PM
Wyatt makes himself look foolish saying lsu has no shot. This is college football! These are kids! What were om's chances last year against a much better lsu team? I do agree om should win though...

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2014, 03:32 PM
They won't be able to run the ball on that UM defense with 8-9 guys stacked in the box. If they can't pass, and I don't think they can, LSU won't score much if any.

Tdawg
10-20-2014, 03:37 PM
OM's run defense is giving up 3.3 and 3.7 yards per carry on 1st and 2nd downs. They give up hardly anything on 3rd downs. They're selling out on 3rd and short. If I know it, Miles knows it. Run, run, play action... and they're going to hit some big ones on them.

I don't expect LSU to control the clock and sustain long drives, but I do think they'll hit some big PA passes on 3rd downs that are going to make this game close.

Also, Bo Wallace has 6 INTs... all in the first half. Think what that's going to do to Tiger Stadium?!?!! His 3rd down completion percentage is in the 50's... not in the 60's where they'd have you think he is. The screen passes on 1st and 2nd downs are inflating his numbers a lot.

This is going to be a close game down the stretch.

I'm not sure what changed in their bye-week, but they went from giving up about 150 yards/game over the first 3 to about 50/game over the last 4--and 3 of those are vs SEC teams. That's what worries me. That and the fact that Freeze won't let Bro throw the ball enough to be intercepted.

cheewgumm
10-20-2014, 03:39 PM
They're gonna pass a little if there are 9 in the box. Jennings isn't THAT bad. I mean he's terrible, but not THAT terrible. I don't think Ole Miss will stack 8 in the box. I don't think they will think they have to. They may be forced to.

msstate7
10-20-2014, 03:44 PM
They're gonna pass a little if there are 9 in the box. Jennings isn't THAT bad. I mean he's terrible, but not THAT terrible. I don't think Ole Miss will stack 8 in the box. I don't think they will think they have to. They may be forced to.

They better be careful if they stack with that number. Dural and dupre are very dangerous

Dural avg more receiving yards a game than treadwell (dural 83 > treadwell 65). Dural also avg 25.5 a catch. Treadwell gets 13.4. They better be careful over loading box

MSUDawg4Life
10-20-2014, 03:53 PM
Reverse psychology.

I'll bet Matt secretly wants the Bears to be overconfident and would love to see LSU kick the crap out of them.

deltadawg99
10-20-2014, 04:39 PM
If lsu can run the ball up the middle they can score against OM. OM bring outside pressure a ton and are undersized in the middle.

HB screen or shovel pass works really well against a team that over pursues with outside pressure.

Just sayin

EAVdog
10-20-2014, 04:43 PM
I've said before I don't think LSU has a chance, but if Ben Stills out for the game then all bets are off.

Backup Center in Baton Rouge on a Saturday night... could be huge.

Sacrifice
10-20-2014, 04:49 PM
The only decent running team Ole Most has played this season is Bama and TJ Yeldon had 20 carries for 123 yards, that's over 6 ypc. If LSU is able to run the ball like that, OM is in trouble.

Political Hack
10-20-2014, 05:16 PM
Reverse psychology.

I'll bet Matt secretly wants the Bears to be overconfident and would love to see LSU kick the crap out of them.

same way he said UGA is better without Gurley? Sets Dak up even better for the Heisman if this becomes a conversation.

RougeDawg
10-20-2014, 06:36 PM
The only decent running team Ole Most has played this season is Bama and TJ Yeldon had 20 carries for 123 yards, that's over 6 ypc. If LSU is able to run the ball like that, OM is in trouble.

This all day. Kiffin should be fired for not riding Yeldon to an easy W 3 weeks ago on Oxford. LSU and Bama are very similar in their offensive build. I fully expect LSU to run it down Bucky's incisors, and control the clock and give the "Delusionalists" their 1st of at least 3 losses this year.

maroonmania
10-20-2014, 07:25 PM
Seriously, do coaches go brain dead when they game plan for the Bear defense? They are most vulnerable to the run between the tackles but EVERY team they play abandons pounding the ball in favor of trying to throw a lot. Saban did it, Jones did it last week and on and on. If Miles will keep pounding the ball against that defense and not try to pass much or call running plays around the edge they have a decent shot. I could literally not believe TN tried a double reverse against the fastest defense in the country. That is just plain stupid.

msstate7
10-20-2014, 07:30 PM
Seriously, do coaches go brain dead when they game plan for the Bear defense? They are most vulnerable to the run between the tackles but EVERY team they play abandons pounding the ball in favor of trying to throw a lot. Saban did it, Jones did it last week and on and on. If Miles will keep pounding the ball against that defense and not try to pass much or call running plays around the edge they have a decent shot. I could literally not believe TN tried a double reverse against the fastest defense in the country. That is just plain stupid.

Om's defense is extremely fast. Might not be a bad idea to "accidentally" leave sprinklers on the field for a few days. Haha

maroonkoolaid
10-20-2014, 08:13 PM

I think this is going to be low scoring close game. If you look at the past three games we've learned three things about OM: 1. Ole Miss has beaten a sub par Alabama by all Alabama standards (many would argue Bama gave this game away). This weekend also consisted of College Gameday and there was no way the hype in Oxford was going to give Ole miss a loss on that day. The bear shark love to be the center of attention good for them 2. Ole Miss beat a TAMU team that we all know is as big of a joke as South Carolina now. 3. We all know Tennessee is going in the right direction as a program but obviously not where they need to be to go on the road and beat an SEC West team. Keep in mind that OM trailed in this game and Pastor Freeze three in an insurance td to inflate the hype of this week. I think LSU wins in a close defensive battle simply because they eliminate the screen game with their speed off the edge. Prediction 17-13

Bucky Dog
10-20-2014, 08:29 PM
If lsu can run the ball up the middle they can score against OM. OM bring outside pressure a ton and are undersized in the middle.

HB screen or shovel pass works really well against a team that over pursues with outside pressure.

Just sayin
This is exactly on the money! I was saying this the other night watching them against Tennessee. They have great lateral pursuit and tend to bring pressure from the outside. Run between the tackles a lot but also screen passes and maybe even a reverse or reverse pass will be in order.

NorCalDawg
10-20-2014, 09:27 PM
In the SEC:

OM is number 11 in rushing offense and number 3 in passing offense.
LSU is number 8 in rushing defense and #1 in passing defense.
OM is 2nd in rushing defense and 4th in passing defense.
LSU is 6th in rushing offense and 11th in passing offense.

I think LSU will come out on fire this weekend. I think this will be a respect game for them and they're out to prove they're not as bad as everyone is saying. This game will come down to how well LSU can stop OM's passing game. They are going to rattle Bo's cage early and often leading to some interceptions and easy scores off the short field. I see LSU gaining momentum early and up 14-17 points at the half and never letting up. OM will pack it in by the middle of the 3rd quarter.