PDA

View Full Version : Are some of you seriously scared about Kentucky

DudyDawg
10-20-2014, 10:49 AM
Really?

First, it's not a "trap" game. We played no one before and no one good enough to look ahead at after (arkansas is better, but they ain't bama just yet). A trap game has to be before or after a big game, ie something you look forward or back towards and hence fall into a trap. So it's no trap game.

Second, who gives a damn where it is. We've won a game in the hardest place to play in the country this season. In front of literally double the amount of people Kentucky holds.

Third, it's still Kentucky. They showed that saturday.

Fourth, we are the number one team in the country. Let's act like it. There is no excuse for not winning this game by three scores at least, unless we have some seriously bad leaders and coaches, which I don't think is the case. Here's how number one teams handle these games (FSU does it in their 10 games against wake Forrest a season). Get up 30 at half. Let dak hang and joke on the sideline while the young guys run a scrimmage in front of 20,000 people the second half.

Let's start acting like fans of the number one team in the country

CadaverDawg
10-20-2014, 10:52 AM
I haven't seen anyone scared.

Road games are never to be taken lightly in the SEC, but I think we should win by 14+

sleepy dawg
10-20-2014, 10:54 AM
Amen to that.

DudyDawg
10-20-2014, 10:58 AM
I haven't seen anyone scared.

Road games are never to be taken lightly in the SEC, but I think we should win by 14+

I'm referring to all the "we need to focus on this guys" crap. As if what we talk about affects our team, or as if the team isn't focused. Heard a few buddies say they're worried about it being a trap too. We shouldn't overlook them, but we need to understand we are number one for a reason.

RC3
10-20-2014, 11:04 AM
I don't think its a trap game, but i know enough about football that if we get off the bus with the wrong attitude and play like shit, we could lose this game.

BrunswickDawg
10-20-2014, 11:10 AM
We are 5-0 against KY under Mullen. I have no fear about this game.

mic
10-20-2014, 11:10 AM
It's hard to win on the road in SEC against anyone except for Vandy..
Saying that we should handle business and win by 2td's or more.. But we better show up ready ...

bluelightstar
10-20-2014, 11:18 AM
It should not be hard to win against Kentucky this year, no matter where we play them. They lost to Florida. They got thumped by 38 at LSU and gave up 303 rushing yards in the process. The reason everyone thought they were 'good' is because they beat South Carolina. The very same South Carolina team and defense that was responsible for the "Kenny Trill" myth.

We should rush for 300+ on them, and losing this game would be nothing short of unacceptable.

NCDawg
10-20-2014, 11:21 AM
Kentucky is not a bad football team. Against LSU, their special teams cost them 17 points in the 1st quarter, and they couldn't recuperate after that. They have beaten South Carolina and Vanderbilt and should have beaten Florida (lost in OT). I think we can and should win, but by no means take them lightly. They have a lot of talent on their team, especially on defense.

drunkernhelldawg
10-20-2014, 11:25 AM
It should not be hard to win against Kentucky this year, no matter where we play them. They lost to Florida. They got thumped by 38 at LSU and gave up 303 rushing yards in the process. The reason everyone thought they were 'good' is because they beat South Carolina. The very same South Carolina team and defense that was responsible for the "Kenny Trill" myth.

We should rush for 300+ on them, and losing this game would be nothing short of unacceptable.

What a team has done against other teams is an interesting frame of reference. The only thing is is that every game is unique. Kentucky has played well in spurts. Any team for which this is true is capable of putting a whole game together. I'm not scared about Kentucky; I do think we'll win, but I also view it as a huge game. I don't expect it to be easy. If it is easy, great. If not, we better be up for a war.

DudyDawg
10-20-2014, 11:25 AM
Kentucky is not a bad football team. Against LSU, their special teams cost them 17 points in the 1st quarter, and they couldn't recuperate after that. They have beaten South Carolina and Vanderbilt and should have beaten Florida (lost in OT). I think we can and should win, but by no means take them lightly. They have a lot of talent on their team, especially on defense.

They may not be bad, but "not bad" teams should not scare anyone to the point of worry. We are number one. We are great. They are not bad. See what im trying to say here

starkvegasdawg
10-20-2014, 11:28 AM
The one thing to remember is that #1 by our name means we are now getting everybody's best shot. We are the team that causes other teams to be looked over on their schedules so they can focus on us. Plus, for whatever reason UK always seems to play us close. Remember last year we were a Kendric Market shoelace tackle away from trailing in that game late. Now, I think we have far and away more talent and I think Mullen and the staff will make sure the team is focused. It's just that we're in a new position now. We are officially the hunted. Even in past years when we had some measured success we were never taken very seriously. Two years ago when we were 7-0 and the We Believe campaign started I can guarantee you Alabama never panicked at the thought of us rolling into BDS. Everybody is taking us seriously now. No one will overlook us. We have to remember that and play like it. The worst thing we could do is come out flat and uninspired and let UK keep it close or have a lead. We need to come out and crush any dreams they have early.

bluelightstar
10-20-2014, 11:36 AM
If we are serious about this playoff stuff, we need to beat Kentucky. But I agree in principle. Kentucky is our most worrisome remaining road game from a motivation standpoint. Our guys will certainly be up for Alabama and Ole Miss. Just got to survive and advance this week, but I don't think Kentucky has the ability to keep up with us. Our offense is too good, and I don't think Kentucky is very good. We will have to be flat, turn the ball over, and they will have to play their best game of the year.

drunkernhelldawg
10-20-2014, 11:38 AM
Also, getting that first win after achieving the #1 ranking is what legitimizes that ranking. I just see this game as gigantic. I don't mind fans taking it lightly if that's their preference, but that ain't gonna happen for me, not until I see us dominating the los and up three scores.

oildawg
10-20-2014, 11:39 AM
I admit it - I'm scared. We beat those guys by 6 last year - at home. We are the better team, but that doesn't guarantee a win. This is no gimme. Any road game in the SEC (other than @Vandy) is not to be assumed as an automatic win. If we get past this game, we should be no worse than 10-2 on the year.

headcoach98
10-20-2014, 11:47 AM
Not the least bit worried about this game, we'll ROLL THEM(Optimus Prime voice.)

CadaverDawg
10-20-2014, 12:07 PM
They have SEC Nation coming to town and the #1 team in the country. They WILL give us their best shot. And let's face it, this is our first game as #1, and we don't truly know how the team will react. I feel confident we will come out wanting to prove we belong at #1, but I can understand if the added pressure makes some a little worrisome. It really has nothing to do with Kentucky, and everything to do with Unchartered waters and being on the road if anyone is worried.

Jack Lambert
10-20-2014, 12:19 PM
I think it is history to a lot of poeple. That games seem like it is close every year.

DudyDawg
10-20-2014, 12:27 PM
I think it is history to a lot of poeple. That games seem like it is close every year.

I understand that, but historically we don't win in Baton Rouge. Historically we don't win three consecutive games against top ten teams. Historically we aren't number one in the country. This is not a regular old year for us. Some of the same people scolding others for the poor ole msu mindset are the same ones worried about an untanked team who just got destroyed by a team we destroyed, while we are currently the best team in college football

SDDawg
10-20-2014, 12:53 PM
I agree with Dudy that it's not a trap game, I don't think league games should really be described that way given the level of competition. I wouldn't count myself as a "scared" fan but I would emphasize that I think every SEC opponent needs to be respected and I believe that good coaches make sure of that and ours will handle the concern. I don't think we can afford to sleep walk through any conference games (maybe Vandy?) and expect to stay in contention for the West.

"It's their Super Bowl" (not really). lol

Jack Lambert
10-20-2014, 12:59 PM
I understand that, but historically we don't win in Baton Rouge. Historically we don't win three consecutive games against top ten teams. Historically we aren't number one in the country. This is not a regular old year for us. Some of the same people scolding others for the poor ole msu mindset are the same ones worried about an untanked team who just got destroyed by a team we destroyed, while we are currently the best team in college football

I am not scared of any games going forward. I was just trying to explain why so many fans are.

Sacrifice
10-20-2014, 01:00 PM
The only thing I'm worried about is Dak or JRob getting hurt. Besides that, unless Kentucky has figured out how to stop the run in a week. I think we win 45-17.