PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss fans thought on their game with LSU....

CadaverDawg
10-20-2014, 10:13 AM
Stolen from SP....

"Don't know if they are good but they are improving as most young teams do. They have enough talent that they can show up and have a game with anyone but I like the way our staff has coached against them the first 2 years and I think we will roll. Much like Arkansas, make their QB try to beat you and you have a good shot. Their secondary has nice stats but the only 2 good QBs they played were blowing them out so quickly, there was no need to pass."

And....

"I expect to beat them by multiple scores and knock them right back out of the Top 25, where they'll probably stay for the rest of the season.

They'll need special teams and/or defensive scores to keep it close.

They may be a BIT better than they were early in the season, but their defense still has some issues, and they still don't have a QB. They're completely one dimensional.

I don't know if that's the "company line" or not, but I'm more worried about Arkansas in Fayetteville than I am Saturday night's game."

Bruiser is the one saying he's more worried about Arkansas than LSU. It would be hilarious if LSU beat them and shut their smug asses up.

Coach34
10-20-2014, 10:18 AM
He's right about LSU being young and getting better every week. And Bo Dirt could only put 21 on A&M's shitty D. Gonna be tougher sledding on the road at LSU than @A&M

Johnson85
10-20-2014, 10:25 AM
I think that's all pretty spot on except for thinking they will roll. If LSU stays conservative and doesn't let UM's Defense give the O a short field and doesn't have special team screwups, LSU should keep it close.

I think LSU is improving again after being demoralized by MSU and Auburn, but I still don't think they're very good. They're going to need Bad Bo to show up in order to score on Ole Miss. I don't know that Arkansas needs Bad Bo to win. They just need the same team that showed up against Memphis and Boise to show up in Fayetteville.

Jack Lambert
10-20-2014, 10:26 AM
those are message board hero's. The Rebs I talk to in person say they are worried about the game.

PMDawg
10-20-2014, 11:19 AM
He's right about LSU being young and getting better every week. And Bo Dirt could only put 21 on A&M's shitty D. Gonna be tougher sledding on the road at LSU than @A&M

you're right, but LSU couldn't score on us or Auburn. I don't see them scoring more than 10 on Ole Miss. I think Ole Miss can put up more than 10 on that D. Of course, I've been wrong plenty of times before and I hope I am again.

blacklistedbully
10-20-2014, 12:06 PM
you're right, but LSU couldn't score on us or Auburn. I don't see them scoring more than 10 on Ole Miss. I think Ole Miss can put up more than 10 on that D. Of course, I've been wrong plenty of times before and I hope I am again.

We have run defenses. OM is vulnerable to runs up the middle. I'd pound that rock right at RN &/or Gross, negating their speed advantage and wearing on that smallish D-line. Not sure why more teams haven't tried this much. Perhaps TAMU doesn't have the personnel. Besides Sumlin wasn't going to go away from his passing game, no matter what.

Can LSU stop runs up the middle without stacking the box? They should be able to. And if they can, they should be able to keep contain on the edges. Make CBS beat you throwing the ball.

Coach34
10-20-2014, 12:13 PM
Well, that's what we are going to find out. LSU is going to be physical and #RTGDF- can they do it vs Ole Missus? That's what Saturday is for. I personally think LSU can have success running the football because they will run straight at their ass. Kiffin stopped doing it for whatever reason- Lester won't. Can Jennings complete enough passes and not turn it over? I don't know.

msstate7
10-20-2014, 12:20 PM
Well, that's what we are going to find out. LSU is going to be physical and #RTGDF- can they do it vs Ole Missus? That's what Saturday is for. I personally think LSU can have success running the football because they will run straight at their ass. Kiffin stopped doing it for whatever reason- Lester won't. Can Jennings complete enough passes and not turn it over? I don't know.

Lsu qb's have certainly been suspect, but they've only thrown 5 ints between them. If they don't throw int's, I think lsu's defense can keep them in this game

EnterpriseDawg
10-20-2014, 12:24 PM
Lsu qb's have certainly been suspect, but they've only thrown 5 ints between them. If don't throw int's, I think lsu's defense can keep them in this game

When did OM get a rush attack? Them saying LSU is one dimensional is funny.

MadDawg
10-20-2014, 12:31 PM
those are message board hero's. The Rebs I talk to in person say they are worried about the game.

Every rebel I know thinks they win this one walking away. Real folks. Well as real as an ole miss fan can be, I guess.

Political Hack
10-20-2014, 01:22 PM

LSU scored on us.

RossDawg82
10-20-2014, 01:42 PM
I think Ole Piss wins this game. LSU is a much improved team. I hate TSUN with all my heart, but I am not far from saying they have one of the better Defenses in the country at this point in time. Its gonna take a horrible game by Bo and a couple S/T or Defensive TD's for LSU to take this one.

TSUN-24
LSU17

PMDawg
10-20-2014, 07:00 PM
LSU scored on us.

Not much on our real D. Didnt realize I needed to clarify.

Dawgcentral
10-20-2014, 07:07 PM
LSU is fighting for respect. While that doesn't give them a definitive edge, if they are in it late, the strength and sheer will can pull them through.

I simply think they have more intestinal fortitude.

Bucky Dog
10-20-2014, 08:58 PM
I've said it in most other threads but will say it again here. LSU will beat OM Saturday. I live here and their fans are energized again by their two wins and they hate the Rebels AND their fans. It is going to be ridiculous on Saturday night in DV and Les and the boys have had this one marked for a year. I want to be bold and say LSU by 10-14!

dawgoneyall
10-20-2014, 09:16 PM
But that is because we were jamming and passing it down LSu's throats.

dawgoneyall
10-20-2014, 09:23 PM
35-24 Pronto pups

NorCalDawg
10-20-2014, 09:38 PM
LSU is going to be fired up for this game; their emotions will be running high and they will be playing for pride. They are going to pop Bo in the face so hard it will knock his hair off.

I say LSU by two touchdowns.

blacklistedbully
10-21-2014, 12:19 PM
I would predict LSU comfortably, but Les Miles is prone to massive brain-farts, particularly versus TSUN. Think about the recent games OM has won, all aided by bone-head Les game management.

thf24
10-21-2014, 12:23 PM
I was thinking OM wins comfortably, until I heard this morning that they have multiple o-line injuries of varying degrees. If that's true, this game could be real interesting.

TrapGame
10-21-2014, 01:41 PM
I was thinking OM wins comfortably, until I heard this morning that they have multiple o-line injuries of varying degrees. If that's true, this game could be real interesting.

And I read Treadwell is pretty banged up too. Remember his alligator arms in the EB last yr.?

thunderclap
10-21-2014, 02:09 PM

This is what I have been expecting to happen to them once they hit the meat of the schedule. These next two or three weeks could really show their lack of depth.

IMissJack
10-21-2014, 05:37 PM
LSU fans I know are not confident at all.

Dawgcentral
10-21-2014, 05:49 PM
I haven't really watched an entire OM game this year. So I'm wondering, has anyone really put pressure on Wallace? Hit him a few times? From watching highlights, it seems to me he hits lots of passes up high while the receiver is on a dead run. I'm sure getting the ball out quick has worked to his advantage, but I have to wonder if a combination of slowing those receivers at the LOS and getting pressure on the QB might be LSU's ticket to success? Since OM can't really run well, what's the risk?