PDA

View Full Version : LSU leads the SEC in pass D and also completion percentage allowed

Coach34
10-19-2014, 08:36 PM
and they will be at home. 4th in total D....Put another way- they are better than Tenn in Pass D and are playing at home at night.

they are physical in the run game...I'm looking forward to Saturday and ol Lester pulling off another big one...RTGDF Lester....RTGDF

MSUDawg4Life
10-19-2014, 09:16 PM
Should be interesting ....

BossDawg
10-19-2014, 09:48 PM
Yup, interesting indeed. UMiss always seems to give Miles fits though.

msstate7
10-19-2014, 09:51 PM
Yup, interesting indeed. UMiss always seems to give Miles fits though.

Om is usually the more motivated team. Lsu will be pumped for this game though.

cheewgumm
10-19-2014, 09:52 PM
Elitedawgs should sell a t shirt -

"RTDF"
-Elitedawgs.com

Coach34
10-19-2014, 09:56 PM
Elitedawgs should sell a t shirt -

"RTDF"
-Elitedawgs.com

We already have some....and for a $5 donation to the site- you can have one

cheewgumm
10-19-2014, 10:01 PM
Sweet . Sounds like a bargain.
I'm in. I get way more than $5 enjoyment from this board.

SDDawg
10-19-2014, 10:08 PM
There's a t-shirt available, seriously??? I'll donate $10 right now if I can get one.

UPDATE- I donated, I get a lot of enjoyment from this board (when I'm not banned). :)

CadaverDawg
10-19-2014, 10:17 PM
Coach, does it have the "G" in it? I forgot.

Coach34
10-19-2014, 11:01 PM
Yes it does..shirt has;

#RTGDF
elitedawgs.com

on the front

hacker
10-20-2014, 02:32 AM
i need to get another one of those shirts, coach. apparently i lost mine in a drunken stupor somewhere. i'll donate again.

Coach34
10-20-2014, 06:04 AM
PM me addresses to send them to after u donate guys

Leroy Jenkins
10-20-2014, 07:28 AM
and they will be at home. 4th in total D....Put another way- they are better than Tenn in Pass D and are playing at home at night.

they are physical in the run game...I'm looking forward to Saturday and ol Lester pulling off another big one...RTGDF Lester....RTGDF

I thought his name was Leslie?

I seen it dawg
10-20-2014, 07:37 AM
Les doesn't have Mettenberger to be in love with throwing the ball into triple coverage all game. He will pound them with Magee and Fournette.

msstate7
10-20-2014, 07:41 AM
Les doesn't have Mettenberger to be in love with throwing the ball into triple coverage all game. He will pound them with Magee and Fournette.

As long as they don't fall behind by 2 scores. Lsu has to find a way to get an early lead. If lsu falls behind 10-0 or 14-0, om will roll.

Coach34
10-20-2014, 07:42 AM
I thought his name was Leslie?

It is- but he looks a lot more like a Lester to me

dawgoneyall
10-20-2014, 07:49 AM
You talking about his wife?

Jack Lambert
10-20-2014, 07:58 AM
If LSU Defense doesn't set the offense up it could be the 4th quarter before LSU offense starts to get effective. On the flip side Ole Miss will not score more then 10 points. I just don't think LSU offense is going to set Ole Miss offense up like Tenn offense did.

Chip
10-20-2014, 08:45 AM
Ole Miss has generally taken care of the ball during the SEC games. They have a fairly high positive turnover ratio in those games. In doing so, it has given their defense a solid advantage, usually working with a long field, etc.

LSU, while having a good pass defense, will need to win the turnover and special teams battles against Ole Miss to win the game. Some timely interceptions, fumbles, long kick & punt returns, perfect field goal/pat kicking is what it will take to win.

On offense, they will need to move the chains and keep the football and TOP. Getting four to six yards on first down will be key. Likewise, converting third downs, particularly 3rd and 3 to 4 yards, to keep the chains moving.

LSU's QB situation just isn't ready to have the game put on their shoulders through the air. The passing game needs to be used in play action off the successful run game, and not as a resort of being third and long.

Jack Lambert
10-20-2014, 08:48 AM
Ole Miss has generally taken care of the ball during the SEC games. They have a fairly high positive turnover ratio in those games. In doing so, it has given their defense a solid advantage, usually working with a long field, etc.

LSU, while having a good pass defense, will need to win the turnover and special teams battles against Ole Miss to win the game. Some timely interceptions, fumbles, long kick & punt returns, perfect field goal/pat kicking is what it will take to win.

On offense, they will need to move the chains and keep the football and TOP. Getting four to six yards on first down will be key. Likewise, converting third downs, particularly 3rd and 3 to 4 yards, to keep the chains moving.

LSU's QB situation just isn't ready to have the game put on their shoulders through the air. The passing game needs to be used in play action off the successful run game, and not as a resort of being third and long.

The one thing we do have to take into consideration is the Mad Hatter. He could do something stupid that he use to have the talent to over come but doesn't have now.

Covercorner2
10-20-2014, 08:53 AM
LSU is going to play super conservative on offense (run the ball a ton and limit down field passing in hopes to limit TOs), and force OMs offense to beat their secondary in a hostile environment

cheewgumm
10-20-2014, 08:53 AM
It's time for Les to
Challenge his OL. Tell them they have to win this game, period.

Coach34
10-20-2014, 08:54 AM
LSU has actually gotten better because of Miles. He reigned Cam Cameron in some and told him to #RTGDF. Patience and field position will be their key Saturday

Liverpooldawg
10-20-2014, 09:12 AM
One of the keys to beating UM is to make Bo think he has to win the game. If by some miracle LSU could get up early on they might have a shot. I don't think they can move the ball on UM though. It will be something like 28-3 UM.

mic
10-20-2014, 09:41 AM
Does everyone realize how hard it is to win at Death Valley?
It doesn't matter how good or bad u are or LSU is that year.
LSU is still 6-2 everyone is acting like they are 4-4

It's at night.. Gameday is there, that place will be insane... It's a revenge game.. They have 2 NFL CB's that can match up with Paidwell... They have fast LB's.. They can and hopefully will run the ball. They have a good OL. And once again they are still freaking LSU at home..

I will be the first to admit UM is better than I thought they would be right now . I was guessing 5-2.. But this is a bad spot for UM to be ... LSU a dog at home is a bad spot....

RougeDawg
10-20-2014, 10:07 AM
Let's not forget that LSU has only lost to this year have a balanced offensive attack. When they play a one dimensional offense like OM's they thrive. I fully expect LSU to bring the heat and force Ballace to make quick decisions. We all know what he does when pressured l. Plus LSU won't have to key on the run as much as they has to against us and auburn. That will free up the lbs to bring pressure and mix up the blitz packages. As long as LSU doesn't gift OM TD's like Bama, UT, and A&M to an extent, they should win the game. OM has gone into the 4th quarter leading by a TD or less or trailing in 3 of their games. TN should have been ahead. That "great" offense is not that great. They just get lucky and capitalize on opponents mistakes. The mistakes will dry up.

And don't leave out the fact that OM will have added pressure trying to do something we have already done this year, give LSU a home loss at night under lesticles. He only has 3 since he's been there, all to #1 teams and eventual national champions. Think about that people.