PDA

View Full Version : LSU fans are all pissed off at Miles again

Coach34
10-19-2014, 12:25 PM
Many were hoping he would go ahead and lose so they could possibly get rid of him. But that hardheaded bastard has done and gone and made that really young team better. Now the fans really don't know what to do.

I love comparing ring him to Sumlin. Sumlin's team has quit- Miles is getting better. It's time's like these when you see how good coaches really are.

defiantdog
10-19-2014, 12:28 PM
Many were hoping he would go ahead and lose so they could possibly get rid of him. But that hardheaded bastard has done and gone and made that really young team better. Now the fans really don't know what to do.

I love comparing ring him to Sumlin. Sumlin's team has quit- Miles is getting better. It's time's like these when you see how good coaches really are.

Miles also has Cam Cameron and John Chavis.... both of those guys could be head coaches somewhere.

bluelightstar
They're definitely playing better. But they also went from playing State and Auburn to playing Florida and Kentucky. That'll help.

JDog13
After seeing the bears only score 21 offensive points against A&M and Bama put up 59.....wth Bama. Where was this when you went to Oxfart.

msstate7
10-19-2014, 12:34 PM
After seeing the bears only score 21 offensive points against A&M and Bama put up 59.....wth Bama. Where was this when you went to Oxfart.

Or arkansas. I don't think bama is the juggernaut that they appeared yesterday. Alabama was definetly better than they've been this year, but aTm has quit.

I said it last year and I'll say it again... aTm should've let USC take Sumlin.

justwin
10-19-2014, 01:34 PM
True....Les has taken the ball and decision making away from Jennings as he only threw it 14 times vs KY and 21 vs UF. I think he only had 5 or less pass attempts in the 1H vs UF. When in doubt, give it to the LSU RB. LSU is going to run it 50+ times vs OM.

DownwardDawg
10-19-2014, 03:02 PM
True....Les has taken the ball and decision making away from Jennings as he only threw it 14 times vs KY and 21 vs UF. I think he only had 5 or less pass attempts in the 1H vs UF. When in doubt, give it to the LSU RB. LSU is going to run it 50+ times vs OM.

You would think...... but this is Les Miles you're talking about. He'll probably pass it 70 times and lose big, unless he listens to his coordinators. Remember the LSU/ole miss game last year? I don't think I've ever seen a worse game plan. LSU QB just dropped back and threw hail mary's into double and triple coverage the entire game. They could have run the ball down the rebs throats.

CadaverDawg
10-19-2014, 03:19 PM
I thought Tennessee had a good gameplan early...high percentage passes, and play the field position game. Make OM drive the length of the field. But then they completely quit trying to run the ball and let Worley absolutely throw away any chance they had at an upset. I have been saying it all year, and until someone does it and loses to the Bears I will keep saying it....If you make them drive the ball the length of the field (no home runs), and you don't turn the ball over, you can and probably Will beat Ole Miss.

I just can't figure out why teams continue to let OM receivers get behind them. It's not like they have to jam the box due to a running game threat. Don't let anyone behind you, and THROW THE BALL AWAY (Worley) if you don't have anyone open down field.

drunkernhelldawg
10-19-2014, 03:29 PM
I agree. Miles is very underrated.

Pollodawg
10-19-2014, 03:41 PM
Miles is overrated if anything. How many SEC teams have won NCs since LSU won their last one?

1.) Auburn-- 1-1
2.) Bama-- 3-0
3.) Florida-- 1-0

There have been five NCs won since Miles won in 2007--as a two loss team no less that got beaten the last game of the regular season by an unranked Arkansas team at home--and LSU hasn't won a single one of them.

Miles is an idiot savant to quote someone else on here. He wins just enough to keep the LSU brass from seriously considering giving him the axe.

MarketingBully01
10-19-2014, 03:46 PM
I thought Tennessee had a good gameplan early...high percentage passes, and play the field position game. Make OM drive the length of the field. But then they completely quit trying to run the ball and let Worley absolutely throw away any chance they had at an upset. I have been saying it all year, and until someone does it and loses to the Bears I will keep saying it....If you make them drive the ball the length of the field (no home runs), and you don't turn the ball over, you can and probably Will beat Ole Miss.

I just can't figure out why teams continue to let OM receivers get behind them. It's not like they have to jam the box due to a running game threat. Don't let anyone behind you, and THROW THE BALL AWAY (Worley) if you don't have anyone open down field.

If Worley is Tennessee's best option at QB, they won't win for a long time. I thought Dobbs was their back up but they put in an even worse QB in garbage time and it wasn't Dobbs. Was Dobbs hurt?

MarketingBully01
10-19-2014, 03:52 PM
Wow, just looked it up and they are redshirting Dobbs. Very dumb move. They would have beaten Georgia if they hadn't done this as Dobbs would have lead them to a score when Worley went out because there wasn't much if any drop off between the two. Might have made a difference last night as well after the second pick that Worley had to take him out and put Dobbs in. Peterman is a shit QB backup. Jones isn't as smart as I thought he was....

MarketingBully01
10-19-2014, 03:58 PM
I agree with you Cadaver though. Ole Miss' offense isn't as good as first thought. It's kind if interesting though because Bo Wallace just takes sacks now instead of throwing the ball away when you pressure him. The key is to pressure Wallace and make them drive the length of the field. LSU should have a good formula to do it as Jennings will be on a short leash and won't throw picks or that many passes for that matter. Miles isn't afraid of getting into a 9-6 or 6-3 type game. I think points will be at a premium for the LSU/Ole Miss game.

BulldogBear
10-19-2014, 04:43 PM
I agree with you Cadaver though. Ole Miss' offense isn't as good as first thought. It's kind if interesting though because Bo Wallace just takes sacks now instead of throwing the ball away when you pressure him. The key is to pressure Wallace and make them drive the length of the field. LSU should have a good formula to do it as Jennings will be on a short leash and won't throw picks or that many passes for that matter. Miles isn't afraid of getting into a 9-6 or 6-3 type game. I think points will be at a premium for the LSU/Ole Miss game.

Don't underestimate the power of "me too" among that bunch on and off the field. If we go into the Egg Bowl with Dak running away (from Bo) with the Heisman, Bo will try to make stuff happen and go back to throwing the game away under pressure.