PDA

View Full Version : Question for C34 ( and the rest of the board as well)?

MabenMaroon
10-19-2014, 12:03 PM
Noticed from watching the TAMU vs. UA game, that starting early in the game the Aggie players ( non ball carries or tacklers ) did not appear to be engaging the Bama players on either side of the ball. It seemed that every A&M player was upright at the end of almost every play and not a single one was on the ground, even the linemen. I might be wrong but it seems like if a player is giving at least half-assed effort on any given play he will stay engaged until he is either put on the ground, his opponent is put on the ground or they both go down ( excepting wide-outs and defensive secondary ).
My question is that is does the TAMU team have some serious attitude/moral problems, or are they just completely out-classed talent wise in the SEC, or are there some serious coaching problems? Even though they are supposedly real young, don't they have consecutive back to back to back highly rated recruiting classes? Just trying to understand what is going on down there. I am 3rd generation Aggie, went there for 3 years prior to graduating from MSU ( I am completely Bulldog through and through but pull for the Ags against anybody else ). Appreciate any input from y'all.

mstatefan91
10-19-2014, 12:06 PM
They have given up. That's on the coaches.

Coach34
10-19-2014, 12:14 PM
They are young and lacking leadership. They now look like a team that once something goes bad- they give up. Not to mention that was game 3 of a brutal stretch vs us, Ole Missus, and Bama.

Being tired red plus not having that fire they are lacking right now leads to what you saw yesterday against a good team on the road. Sumlin and his staff have their work cut out for them the rest of the year

mcain31
10-19-2014, 01:24 PM
It's like Coach34, they are lacking leadership. Manziel put the team on his shoulders the last 2 years and made plays. They don't have any dynamic leaders.

Todd4State
10-19-2014, 01:48 PM
A lot of people thought this would happen to them. Based on the body of work, they upset South Carolina. They should have lost to Arkansas as well. They are very lucky that they are aren't 3-5 right now.

We broke them.

msstate7
10-19-2014, 01:59 PM
They look like us in '12 after the Bama game.

MabenMaroon
10-19-2014, 04:59 PM
Appreciate the input, that seems to confirm what I was thinking, that they quit right after the pic 6 in the tsun game.

Beaver
10-19-2014, 06:47 PM
It didn't help A&M was playing a pissed off Saban who was pissed off at Bama fans for being pissed off about Bama's performance against Arky..

Pollodawg
10-19-2014, 09:56 PM
They look like us in '12 after the Bama game.

Exactly. Soft and no leadership.

TUSK
10-19-2014, 10:03 PM
A&M was just gettin' warmed up to "quit"...

it took this to break their back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMLOv0uklxY

cheewgumm
10-19-2014, 10:05 PM
"Make his ass quit"!!! Don't look away Kentucky!!

thf24
10-19-2014, 10:11 PM
Leadership may not be the only problem. Their recruiting class rankings suggest they have a lot of talent coming up over the next few years, but they could be a victim of inflated Texas recruit evaluations like UT has turned out to be. Even putting the youth factor aside, I just haven't been very impressed by their young guys over the last three weeks.

SDDawg
10-19-2014, 10:18 PM
They have some tremendous athletes, I think they're going to get a lot better. Until they start to play defense more consistently though, going to be ugly for them in the West.

Sienfield
10-20-2014, 07:09 AM
It takes some teams a while to get over a loss to MSU (LSU) and some never do (ATM). Not sure how Auburn handles it yet.