PDA

View Full Version : What we've learned through 6-7 games about the SEC....

CadaverDawg
10-19-2014, 11:18 AM
1. A&M sucks. They completely quit the last 2 weeks once they got down by 2 scores. We broke them.

2. Florida sucks. Boom is a Bust.

3. Kentucky is improved, but still not good.

4. Georgia is good. Not sure how they lost to South Carolina.

5. Bama struggled early, but they're still Bama. They will go as far as Sims can take them.

6. Ole Miss is solid, and has a good defense. The jury is still out on their offense.

7. Mississippi State is AWESOME! We have a really good offense and really good defense. Can we maintain it?

8. Auburn looks solid. Is Mississippi State THAT good, or is Auburn not as good as we think? The jury is still out.

9. LSU is young, and caught the league's best, MSU & Auburn, at the wrong time. But they are starting to gel and could be a tough out from here on. Their matchup with OM will tell us a lot.

10. Arkansas has improved, but still not that good.

11. South Carolina sucks

12. Missouri is just above sucking

13. Vandy sucks worse than ever.

14. Tennessee sucks

The West is now a 4 horse race between Alabama schools and Mississippi schools. I would rank the schedule difficulty like this...
1) Auburn (toughest remaining schedule)
2) MSU
3) Ole Miss
4) Bama (least toughest)

So while our remaining scheduled looks to be tougher than Ole Miss's schedule.....they have a few question marks on their schedule.
1) Do we know how good Auburn is? That could easily be a loss for OM
2) Has LSU really turned it up? Did they just play 2 bad ass teams in MSU and Aub? Night in Death Valley could cause problems for the Rebs, but OM SHOULD win that game if they are good.
3) They play us in the last game.

Our season comes down to 2 road games (Bama and OM)
The OM season comes down to 2 home games (Aub and MSU)
The Auburn season comes down to 3 games (OM, UGA, Bama)
Bama's season comes down to 2 games (MSU, Auburn)

I feel like one of the Mississippi teams will win the West, and when the following question is answered, we'll probably know who wins it...

Who is better, Auburn or Alabama? Does OM have the better win right now, or do we? When we find this answer to those questions, we'll know who wins the west.

Feel free to add some things we've learned so far.

tcdog70
10-19-2014, 11:49 AM
"There is many a slip between the cup and the lip". just win the next game. the one thing that is clear is the SeC West has the best 4 teams is college football.

smootness
10-19-2014, 12:06 PM
We're solid? What the heck?

NorCalDawg
10-19-2014, 12:06 PM
Yep, I think that's a good summation of the SEC, so far.

LSU is going to come out on fire against OM. Currently, LSU has the #1 rated pass defense in the SEC and passing has been OM's bread and butter. Unless OM can get some kind of a run game going, I think LSU wins this one in a low-scoring defensive struggle.

Unfortunately, we won't know who is better between Auburn and Bama before we play OM.

JDog13
10-19-2014, 12:12 PM
As for Florida, one of their recruiting site's reporter tweeted this

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B0UKbe3IcAAsake.jpg

Ralph
10-19-2014, 12:16 PM
Is that Foley?

CadaverDawg
10-19-2014, 12:17 PM
We're solid? What the heck?

Solidly #1 in the league at this point.

Political Hack
10-19-2014, 12:19 PM
Solid? Try excellent. we are the best team in the country. outside of Bama's performance yesterday, I have yet to see a team that can play with us right now. Zero. Nada. None. Nobody.

CadaverDawg
10-19-2014, 12:23 PM
Solid? Try excellent. we are the best team in the country. outside of Bama's performance yesterday, I have yet to see a team that can play with us right now. Zero. Nada. None. Nobody.

Well, considering this is our board and we discuss how great we are constantly, I didn't realize I had to put a lot about us..

(I just edited it for you guys)

JDog13
10-19-2014, 12:24 PM
Is that Foley?

yeah

bluelightstar
10-19-2014, 12:29 PM
If we play the Bama that showed up yesterday, it will be an epic. Game for the ages.

Political Hack
10-19-2014, 12:31 PM
Well, considering this is our board and we discuss how great we are constantly, I didn't realize I had to put a lot about us..

(I just edited it for you guys)

I feel better already.

CadaverDawg
10-19-2014, 12:37 PM
I feel better already.

Haha

Maroonthirteen
10-19-2014, 12:47 PM
I agree with most of that.

ATM isn't that bad. They just caught a PO'd Saban and Bama after 2 prior tough games.

Auburn is for real. Marshal is a phenomenal athlete and those receivers can play. I would say what we know is... State OM AU and Bama are legit. The west is much stronger than the east. UGA will win the east.

Political Hack
10-19-2014, 12:52 PM
Auburn is the 2nd best team in the country right now, but Bama and them will have the chance to battle over that.

The playoff should be down to State, FSU, OM, Bama, Auburn, & Notre Dame right now, with arguably the Pac12 champ getting a nod too.

if KState wins the Big12, the entire conference should be eliminated unless Auburn is #1.

justwin
10-19-2014, 01:24 PM
good recap. I would say the MSU is more than "solid" though but I understand being cautious.

Just focusing on the West:

Ark: They're going to be 4-4 with @ MSU, LSU, OM, @ Mizzou and will fight tooth and nail to get to 6 wins. If they get 6, Bielema is SEC COY. Even though they've lost 4 games, they play hard. This Ark team is probably the toughest out in college football and they haven't rolled over in any of their games. The b/s tripping call on the Ark OL in the 4Q vs TXAM has drastically changed their season. They're going to give LSU & OM all they handle @ home to possibly make a bowl.

Toughest remaining schedules:
1. OM. @ LSU, Aub, @ Ark, MSU. All 4 of those games are tough matchups for them. OM's dbs are winning a ton of individual battles and a ton of interceptions but the teams they've faced are committing to the run. As for their defense, I can't tell from their wins who has the best offense they've faced & the 4 remaining teams are going to be able to run the football against them. TXAM is probably the best, but are one dimensional and I don't think Bama's O is as good as Aub or MSU, but probably on par with LSU so it'll be interesting to see if OM's DL can stop the rush of the final 4 teams they face. It's hard for me to believe that Paidwell has only scored 1 SEC TD this year...just one out of 30+ receptions so he's appearing to be a very average SEC player. Bo is running Freeze's misdirection offense quite well though.

2. Bama. @ LSU, MSU, Aub. Still don't know what Bama offense will show up week to week. I was wrong about Sims...he keeps improving. Malzahn is 2-0 vs Saban. I can see Bama losing or winning all 3 of their final games.

3. Aub. USC, @ OM, TXAM, @ UGA, @ Bama. They should beat USC, TXAM and probably UGA as I don't see Mason playing well vs a West Defense. If Malzahn beats Bama again, wouldn't be surprised to see Saban retire. Malzahn is going to play OM like it's the last game of his career and how well the Aub WRs play will determine if they beat OM.

4. MSU. Bama will be the most balanced team we face last half of the season. Plus, Bama will be the most prepared team we face all season and we'll have 2 weeks to prepare for them. Our defense is good enough to make OM, KY, and Ark one dimensional. MSU going 12-0 is a very real possibility. Our defense is top 3 in the country. We have the best WR combo in the SEC in Wilson & Tubby which will match up well vs Bama's young & talented DBs. Then, you layer in the Dak factor. That Bama game will be the best game of the college football season, but we all kind of knew that once our program turned the corner and beat LSU. Dak just needs to keep refining the pitch on the option runs and running for gains instead of forcing throws into coverage to continue his Heisman run. We need to focus and throttle KY and Ark like #1 teams in the country should. I'm glad the Ark game is in Vegas.

Hail state!