PDA

View Full Version : The SEC got the absolute worst result last night in the FSU-ND game...

maroonmania
10-19-2014, 10:49 AM
If FSU had lost they had no other big time game to get them back into the playoff. If ND had lost big it would have put them out of the playoff picture for the most part. With a close road loss to FSU, if ND wins out against much better competition than what FSU has left there will be a LOT of folks wanting to put them in the playoff. And of course its a very likely scenario now that FSU WILL win out given they don't have much of any decent teams left to play. On the road at Louisville this week is probably their toughest and they will be prohibitive favorites there. FSU only had 2 good teams to play (Clemson and ND) and got them both in Tallahassee. Just have to hope that ND loses again somewhere. Right now its left where both FSU and ND can potentially crash the party.

Political Hack
10-19-2014, 10:52 AM
Notre Dame could still lose 2-3 more games on their schedule.

TopDog58
10-19-2014, 12:39 PM
Actually, yesterday's results played out well for the SEC to possibly land 3 teams in the playoff. The Big 12 is toast. Michigan State and Oregon have no room for error. NOBODY has the strength of schedule to trump an SEC team. Sure all the other conferences will whine, but this is the year that none of them have taken care of their business.

msstate7
10-19-2014, 12:44 PM
Actually, yesterday's results played out well for the SEC to possibly land 3 teams in the playoff. The Big 12 is toast. Michigan State and Oregon have no room for error. NOBODY has the strength of schedule to trump an SEC team. Sure all the other conferences will whine, but this is the year that none of them have taken care of their business.

If mich st or Ohio st are there with 1 loss, I think they'll be in. No saying I agree with it, but I think it'll happen

Jack Lambert
10-19-2014, 01:02 PM
You all will disagree but there is a chance FSU goes undefeated and not get into the final four. They play no one that is any good and they never look good playing them. The committee was set up to pick the four best teams and FSU is not one of the four. Say what you want but I think the committee is going to put in the play off the four best teams. The pressure is on them to get it right and nobody out side the FSU fan base thinks they are good. There are five teams in the SEC better then FSU. There are three teams in the big 10 and three teams in the pack 12. Everyone knows that FSU is fool’s gold. That's why they are still number 2 in the coach’s poll. Just my opinion

msstate7
10-19-2014, 01:07 PM
You all will disagree but there is a chance FSU goes undefeated and not get into the final four. They play no one that is any good and they never look good playing them. The committee was set up to pick the four best teams and FSU is not one of the four. Say what you want but I think the committee is going to put in the play off the four best teams. The pressure is on them to get it right and nobody out side the FSU fan base thinks they are good. There are five teams in the SEC better then FSU. There are three teams in the big 10 and three teams in the pack 12. Everyone knows that FSU is fool’s gold. That's why they are still number 2 in the coach’s poll. Just my opinion

Disagree strongly. If the defending champs are undefeated and don't get in the playoffs, it's a travesty IMO. I can't stand fsu or winston, but they're the champs

Quaoarsking
10-19-2014, 01:17 PM
It's very interesting how SEC fanbases expect the Committee to have an anti-SEC bias when the whole rest of the country thinks the Committee will be strongly biased in favor of SEC teams.

smootness
10-19-2014, 01:19 PM
It's very interesting how SEC fanbases expect the Committee to have an anti-SEC bias when the whole rest of the country thinks the Committee will be strongly biased in favor of SEC teams.

Yeah, they definitely won't be biased against the SEC. If the SEC West deserves two teams, they'll both get in.

The head of the committee is a current SEC AD, and the conference has other influences as well. And some of them aren't even football people, they have no reason to be biased against the SEC.

BulldogDX55
10-19-2014, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I don't think that they put multiple SEC teams in unless every other contender has two losses. While they were chosen to select the four best teams, this is their first year doing this so they will be under heavy, heavy scrutiny and I think that they will overcompensate in order to not appear biased. On the bright side, that means that if we win out, we have a weaker field and an easier path to the Championship.

Jack Lambert
10-19-2014, 01:28 PM
Disagree strongly. If the defending champs are undefeated and don't get in the playoffs, it's a travesty IMO. I can't stand fsu or winston, but they're the champs

I did not say it was going to happen, I said there is a chance and FSU is not one of the four best teams. At the very lest they will be the 4 seed.

Political Hack
10-19-2014, 01:37 PM
If K-State wins the big12, they don't get a team in. I think the BigTen may already be out.

I'd guess right now:
SEC1
SEC2
ACC
Pac12

TUSK
10-19-2014, 01:41 PM
There is zero chance that an undefeated FSU team doesn't make the Playoffs... even if they are the 7th, 8th or 9th best team in the country...zero.

I really wish it would be the best 4 teams, but I believe rankings, records, & conference championships will carry more weight than than "we'd" like... SOS and the "eye-ball" test are our best hopes to get in 2-3 teams...

TUSK
10-19-2014, 01:46 PM
If K-State wins the big12, they don't get a team in. I think the BigTen may already be out.

I'd guess right now:
SEC1
SEC2
ACC
Pac12

Big 12: I think you can add WV in there with KSU... TCU may be their only shot...

PAC: Oregon could win out and get in...

ACC/ND): ND could win out and get in (they won't win @usc, tho)... FSU is likely in....

Big 10: IMO, if Michigan St. wins out, they'll be in...