PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused, why is the media so impressed with FSU for beating ND at home?

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2014, 11:21 PM
FSU is a good team, but beating Notre Dame, who is a mediocre team, at home by the skin of you teeth is not as good of a win as beating #2 Auburn at home by 15 points.

What am I missing here?

The media is so emotional over FSU right now. I think it's just because it was as really good game and people have gotten caught up in it without thinking things through. FSU was a 9 point favorite over ND and didn't cover the spread.

So.. in essence, the media was so impressed with Notre Dame tonight, that it made FSU look like the number 1 team, although they didn't cover the spread and needed a penalty to keep the underdog from beating them.

Think objectively and stop being emotional

My guess is Auburn would be a 7-10 point favorite over ND on a neutral field.

elitedawgs
10-18-2014, 11:24 PM
They, particularly northern based media, are trying to get ND back into its glory days, or at least the perception of it.

Alabama could have played them today and it would have been as ugly as two years ago.
State, Auburn, Ole Miss all easily handle ND. LSU might, TAMU could not.

SDDawg
10-18-2014, 11:25 PM
It's all media bias, nothing else to it. The good news with this playoff is that there will be at least 2 deserving teams out of the 4 and they can stomp a mudhole in the others, no more bullshit media champs (hopefully).

maroonkoolaid
10-18-2014, 11:31 PM
The important thing to remember after all the fsu-nd hype is tomorrow there will most likely be 4 SEC West teams in the top five. Which probably has something to do with them being tired of reporting on the dominance of the SEC West and in turn makes them want to blow every non SEC matchup out of proportion.

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2014, 11:33 PM
I hate Ole Miss, but Rod Gilmore just left Ole Miss out of his final 4, in favor of Michigan State, because he said that Ole Miss doesn't have a difficult schedule. This is brutal

We need to go to 8 team ASAP, so we can get this political BS out of this process.

KB21
10-18-2014, 11:35 PM
Particularly when Notre Dame was screwed out of this win by a bad call. That was not a pick. The defender grabbed the receiver who was trying to get a release.

Floridawg
10-18-2014, 11:38 PM
Media perception and a weak schedule was the only reason Notre Dame was ranked so high. Their only "good" win was Stanford and they are getting beat by Arizona State right now. Is this FSU win really that good?

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2014, 11:41 PM
Particularly when Notre Dame was screwed out of this win by a bad call. That was not a pick. The defender grabbed the receiver who was trying to get a release.

Agree with this. The FSU defender initiated contact at the Line of Scrimmage. Shouldn't have been called

Todd4State
10-18-2014, 11:47 PM
I wonder if the receiver that caught the ball ran his route too far. If he had caught that pass behind the LOS, it would have been a legal play.

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2014, 11:51 PM
I wonder if the receiver that caught the ball ran his route too far. If he had caught that pass behind the LOS, it would have been a legal play.

Shouldn't have mattered.

Read here: http://thebiglead.com/2014/10/19/notre-dame-got-screwed-in-tallahassee-by-the-referees/

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2014, 12:24 AM
Kirk Herbstreit still has us at #1

Dawgowar
10-19-2014, 12:28 AM
The Notre Dame media hype of the 60's 70's and 80's would make you gag. Keep in mind Paul Hornung (sp?) won the Heisman on a Notre Dame team with a losing record. If ND won tonight their qb would be bumped over everybody. You think Bama gets calls at home? ND got them on the road. No, we need them to drop and then keep dropping.

bulldawg28
10-19-2014, 03:19 AM
I'm not sure if the OP is serious here. It's two top 5 teams playing they're impressed for the same reasons we beat LSU on the road and beating A&M and Auburn at home. Take the maroon shades off for a sec no one is trying to take anything away from MSU with this game.

Maroonthirteen
10-19-2014, 04:42 AM
I agree 28. I was impressed with both teams. ND and FSU looked to have speed and played physical. They are both worthy of their ranking from what I saw.

Political Hack
10-19-2014, 08:59 AM
I agree 28. I was impressed with both teams. ND and FSU looked to have speed and played physical. They are both worthy of their ranking from what I saw.

agree. this is the first time I hunk ND hasn't been overrated in the modern era.

Vandelay Industries
10-19-2014, 09:20 AM

Agree with all of this. I was really impressed with Everett Golson, he looked pretty damn good last night

IMissJack
10-19-2014, 09:39 AM
1) FSU is a traditional powerhouse that will get the nod over us

2) Many media types are from ND or associated with people from Chicago, Indy, NY, etc that went to ND

3) Many media types want something other than SEC when given a chance

4) ND looked pretty good to me.