PDA

View Full Version : Look for UF to hire...

preachermatt83
10-18-2014, 11:17 PM
Todd Graham of ASU. Remember where you heard it.

Charlie_Sheen420
10-18-2014, 11:32 PM
He might be too old, but David Cutcliffe at Duke wouldn't be too bad of a hire in my opinion. He knows the SEC and he has turned Duke into a winning program...the ole ball coach was the last person to do that I think haha

Todd4State
10-18-2014, 11:36 PM
Cutcliffe probably doesn't want to fool with them. Heck, he might end up at Tennessee at the rate they are going.

Bob Stoops makes a lot of sense if he will leave Oklahoma.

msstate7
10-18-2014, 11:42 PM
I know florida will offer an offensive coach, but I'd call mark dantonio. Have no idea if he'd leave, but I'd certainly call. Really like that guy

Chip
10-18-2014, 11:45 PM
There are a lot of OU folks that would like for Bob Stoops to take the job. They believe it's time for a change. It's been 14 years since a NC for them. They don't like that.

TUSK
10-18-2014, 11:47 PM
Cutcliffe probably doesn't want to fool with them. Heck, he might end up at Tennessee at the rate they are going.

Bob Stoops makes a lot of sense if he will leave Oklahoma.

Todd, I think butch has UT headed in the right direction. I believe he'll have em winning 9-10 games a year in a couple yrs.

And bob would be a fool to leave okie, 5 mil, and the big12 schedule.

Todd4State
10-18-2014, 11:51 PM
Todd, I think butch has UT headed in the right direction. I believe he'll have em winning 9-10 games a year in a couple yrs.

And bob would be a fool to leave okie, 5 mil, and the big12 schedule.

I don't disagree that he has them going in the right direction. Really he needs an o-line more than anything. But will their fans be patient enough?

TUSK
10-19-2014, 12:12 AM
Yeah, I think they will after the Dooley/kiffen debacles. Isn't TN playin like 23-25 FR?

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2014, 12:23 AM
I'm not buying into Butch Jones turning Tennessee into a winner. Sure, he is recruiting better, but that offense has a LLLOOOOONNNNGGGGG way to go. They are no where close on that side of the ball. Who knows where they'll be in 2 years

I seen it dawg
10-19-2014, 07:13 AM
I'm not buying into Butch Jones turning Tennessee into a winner. Sure, he is recruiting better, but that offense has a LLLOOOOONNNNGGGGG way to go. They are no where close on that side of the ball. Who knows where they'll be in 2 years

Yeah but so was that school in Starkville....and we see where that's gone.

defiantdog
10-19-2014, 07:48 AM
i don't see Florida picking a big name this time. Look for them to be shopping locally.... Like from FAU, FIU, or even UCF

cujo
10-19-2014, 07:49 AM
I think Butch will be gone after two more years. OL and QB are disaster with not good prospects waiting in the wings

msstate7
10-19-2014, 07:58 AM
I think Butch will be gone after two more years. OL and QB are disaster with not good prospects waiting in the wings

Not sure where you get this. Tenn had the #7 recruiting class last year and they're #3 right now. They have 2 highly rated qb's committed now

codeDawg
10-19-2014, 07:59 AM

yes. This. These are positions that take a couple years to sort out. He needs to get a stud FR QB this year and maybe go after an experienced transfer too. The QB there is not very good, even if he is running for his life.

RC3
10-19-2014, 09:24 AM
Florida is going to make a run at Hugh freeze. In fact, I bet you foley already called him last night

solodawg
10-19-2014, 09:32 AM
Florida is going to make a run at Hugh freeze. In fact, I bet you foley already called him last night
I'm not sure if you are joking or not but, I have a good friend in Fl who says that Buckys name is coming up a lot down there.

Quaoarsking
10-19-2014, 09:35 AM
They won't do it, but Mike Leach would be pretty amazing there. They have enough talent every year that he could allocate some for defense and let a DC be totally independent and do his thing while Leach focused entirely on offense -- they would score 50 points per game in SEC play.

RC3
10-19-2014, 09:48 AM
I'm not sure if you are joking or not but, I have a good friend in Fl who says that Buckys name is coming up a lot down there.

I'm not joking. He's a great fit down there and has shown that he can take a dumpster fire and turn it into a contender in just a year or two. Plus he doesn't have a qb next season. He knows this will be his only chance to bolt. No way he passes it up

CadaverDawg
10-19-2014, 10:10 AM
I'm not joking. He's a great fit down there and has shown that he can take a dumpster fire and turn it into a contender in just a year or two. Plus he doesn't have a qb next season. He knows this will be his only chance to bolt. No way he passes it up

I would laugh for a week straight.

msstate7
10-19-2014, 10:25 AM
I feel Gary Patterson will be a candidate

RC3
10-19-2014, 10:46 AM
I would laugh for a week straight.

It is going to be pretty funny. It's certainly possible. I pursued their boards this week. Most of their posters seem to think Mullen isn't happening. Freeze's name was mentioned quite a bit though

CadaverDawg
10-19-2014, 10:49 AM
If I were Foley, my list would look like this....

Stoops
Patterson
Freeze

And I'm not just saying Freeze because it would make me laugh....I'm saying it because Freeze has turned OM around pretty quickly. Florida will not accept a 6 year build like they think Mullen will give them....they will want a quick fix even if it's on a foundation of premadonna head cases. So let the OM people say "Mullen" all they want to out of fear of him staying in Starkville...but the truth is, Freeze is a better fit for Florida than Dan is. But I enjoy watching OM fans tremble and encouraging programs to hire Mullen. Their insecurity makes me laugh.

Political Hack
10-19-2014, 10:51 AM
Slive has never allowed an SEC school to hire another SEC school's head coach. There's been a LOT of chances and it's never happened. He stopped UT from pursuing CDM. He'll stop Florida from pursuing another school's HC too.

Will Foley take direction from a lame duck commissioner? That's the only question.

IMissJack
10-19-2014, 11:06 AM
A good QB heals a lot of problems. Dak makes our OL look much better than Russell, because he can run better. And I do think our OL has played well.

Dawgfan77
10-19-2014, 11:40 AM
Graham is not leaving asu. He is a southwest guy plus he has a huge buyout. Also he is a defensive minded coach they will go after an offensive mind. Doc holiday at Marshall would be a good hire was on staff down there a few years back. Gundy, or HUD could also be names in the mix. But it won't be graham or Patterson

Political Hack
10-19-2014, 12:17 PM
Graham is not leaving asu. He is a southwest guy plus he has a huge buyout. Also he is a defensive minded coach they will go after an offensive mind. Doc holiday at Marshall would be a good hire was on staff down there a few years back. Gundy, or HUD could also be names in the mix. But it won't be graham or Patterson

I could see them hiring Hud just to run the offense. He'd probably take it too. Be a raise and he'd be up for a big time HC spot as soon as he has one good year.

They have the money to ensure they don't fail.

HC: Stoops
OC: Hud
DC: Womack

I bet they assemble one of the strongest staffs in the conference.

RC3
10-19-2014, 12:21 PM
I think Womack is receiving a ton of hype in a way manny Diaz did. It's pretty easy to look like a defensive genius when you have multiple nfl players on your team

HoopsDawg
10-19-2014, 12:26 PM
Kliff kingsbury.

msstate7
10-19-2014, 12:29 PM
Kliff kingsbury.

His stock is selling for about $0.15 more than muschamps...