PDA

View Full Version : Jimbo Fisher = Used Car Salesman

BulldogBear
10-18-2014, 10:56 PM
Why does he evermore seem to look and sound like a shady used car salesman? Going on and on about character and such was weird. I don't think he knew the mike was picking up everything he was saying to Winston. He seems like he knows what Jameis is and is trying to take over image and damage control.

IMissJack
10-18-2014, 10:56 PM
He can't believe what he just said on that interview.

TUSK
10-18-2014, 10:57 PM
FSU is Auburn without a conference to keep them in check.

Todd4State
10-18-2014, 10:57 PM
Well yeah. They have to do damage control from this point forward or they are going to risk major distractions and look worse as a program.

SDDawg
10-18-2014, 10:58 PM
He's a crook.

Todd4State
FSU is Auburn without a conference to keep them in check.

Wait a minute- the SEC keeps Auburn in check? Cam Newton?

chef dixon
I bet a lot of fans wish their coach took that route and kept their players eligible.

TUSK
10-18-2014, 11:01 PM
Wait a minute- the SEC keeps Auburn in check? Cam Newton?

buyin' a player for $180k is... well, it's peanuts...

It's off the hook down there....

shoeless joe
10-18-2014, 11:03 PM
What was he saying to Winston before the interview? I couldn't understand him other than him saying "do you understand me?"

LC Dawg
10-18-2014, 11:08 PM
I think it's pretty funny that right after he tells his star qb to be sure and not do anything else stupid that he talks about all the character on his team. I'll bet Fisher has to take a handful of pills every night just to quit worrying about what that piece of crap Winston is going to do next.

SDDawg
10-18-2014, 11:10 PM
I bet a lot of fans wish their coach took that route and kept their players eligible.

Fans that care about their University don't. Fans that care only about the football team and wins/losses in a single year are probably happy to keep a piece of shit player around though...

Sacrifice
What was he saying to Winston before the interview? I couldn't understand him other than him saying "do you understand me?"
I thought I heard him say calm down, be humble and go back to the sideline. I couldn't make out the rest.

mstatefan91
I think it's pretty funny that right after he tells his star qb to be sure and not do anything else stupid that he talks about all the character on his team. I'll bet Fisher has to take a handful of pills every night just to quit worrying about what that piece of crap Winston is going to do next.
Is that really what he said? I wasn't paying too much attention until the end when I realized the mic's were picking up the conversation

preachermatt83
10-18-2014, 11:11 PM
He can't believe what he just said on that interview.

agreed!

LC Dawg
10-18-2014, 11:31 PM
Is that really what he said? I wasn't paying too much attention until the end when I realized the mic's were picking up the conversation

I'm paraphrasing. I can't remember exactly what he said but it seemed he was telling him to keep his cool. He said to stay humble. I wish I had recorded it so I could listen again.

BulldogBear
10-18-2014, 11:59 PM
Best I could make out he told hime "here's what we're gonna do..." then said something about "don't give them..." could make out the rest of that statement. Calm down. Be humble. I heard the phrase "humble pie"

Tbonewannabe
10-19-2014, 09:14 AM
buyin' a player for $180k is... well, it's peanuts...

It's off the hook down there....

UM is going 90's Miami in Oxford. Of course I think they are just following AU lead after the whole "Cam didn't know his dad got $200,000 for him to sign".

Political Hack
10-19-2014, 09:19 AM
Best I could make out he told hime "here's what we're gonna do..." then said something about "don't give them..." could make out the rest of that statement. Calm down. Be humble. I heard the phrase "humble pie"

that's about it. said "you have to get people back on your side. don't be over exuberant. be humble. humble pie." paraphrased of course...

Fisher is in an impossible position. It's either take up for your best player and win or throw him under a bus and lose.

Personally I'd probably take up for him and suspend him (for the past stuff, not the autograph stuff). At this point, they're all in just like Auburn was.