PDA

View Full Version : Land shark: The beginning of the end

TheDogFather
10-18-2014, 10:51 PM
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/ref-instructs-ole-miss-defense-landshark-sign/

SDDawg
10-18-2014, 11:00 PM
It will be replaced by the LandSHART on 11/29. Shark fin soup for supper in December.

maroonmania
10-18-2014, 11:33 PM
http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/ole-miss-football/ref-instructs-ole-miss-defense-landshark-sign/

Long overdue. OM can NOT be the only team in college football allowed to perform a preorchestrated celebration gesture on the field and basically antagonize opposing teams with it. I really don't understand why this was EVER allowed. Its the same reason we were forced to take the Dog Pound Rock off the field.

IMissJack
10-19-2014, 09:58 AM
Long overdue. OM can NOT be the only team in college football allowed to perform a preorchestrated celebration gesture on the field and basically antagonize opposing teams with it. I really don't understand why this was EVER allowed. Its the same reason we were forced to take the Dog Pound Rock off the field.

Personally I was happy with moving the DPR also.

Political Hack
10-19-2014, 10:46 AM
we have cowbells. they karate chop their own heads. to each his own.

taking celebrations and traditions out of the game (even though the land shark is a relatively new tradition), is crap. That's what makes college football special.

maroonmania
10-19-2014, 10:53 AM
we have cowbells. they karate chop their own heads. to each his own.

taking celebrations and traditions out of the game (even though the land shark is a relatively new tradition), is crap. That's what makes college football special.

Apples and oranges. What fans do in the stands and what teams are allowed to do ON THE FIELD are totally different things. Cowbells have never scored a touchdown, made a tackle or taunted an opposing player on the field of play.

Political Hack
10-19-2014, 11:20 AM
Apples and oranges. What fans do in the stands and what teams are allowed to do ON THE FIELD are totally different things. Cowbells have never scored a touchdown, made a tackle or taunted an opposing player on the field of play.

it's dumb that they killed the DPR tradition too. Apples to apples.

defiantdog
10-19-2014, 11:52 AM
Honestly, I think our players have done the landshark sign more in the last few eggbowls. I have no issue with it as long as they aren't taunting, which they do 9 times out of 10.

maroonmania
10-19-2014, 12:04 PM
Honestly, I think our players have done the landshark sign more in the last few eggbowls. I have no issue with it as long as they aren't taunting, which they do 9 times out of 10.

Other teams DO take the landshark parading as taunting. That is why opposing teams feel the need to do it back to OM after good plays they have against OM.