mparkerfd20
10-18-2014, 10:48 PM
nm

mstatefan91
10-18-2014, 10:50 PM
It's clear as day. Great job by the officiating crew

mparkerfd20
10-18-2014, 10:50 PM
Not as obvious as you think after watching replay over and over. Oh well. We're number 2 now.

IMissJack
10-18-2014, 10:52 PM
I thought it was a good call, the receiver was blocking not trying to run a route. That said, I would love to beat FSU in the playoffs (if we make it). Would love to see the dumb look on Winston's face. That guy just doesn't get it. Jimbo has to treat him like a little kid at the end of the game.

maroonmania
10-18-2014, 10:53 PM
I call that blocking. It was within 5 yds which is allowed. Oh well. We're number 2 now.

Well, WRs can't block on a pass play until after the ball is caught. If the guys had just kind of got in the way they would have let it go but going into full blocking mode drew the flag.

mstatefan91
10-18-2014, 10:56 PM
It is offensive pass interference. It isn't even debatable. The officiating crew got it right.

The receiver should have run into the guy and continued on a route across the middle. He didn't. He blocked. PI

Irondawg
10-18-2014, 10:59 PM
And it wasn't just one guy. They had two guys blocking the DBs. Kudos to the crew for making the right call

bluelightstar
10-18-2014, 11:01 PM
Yeah, there are a lot of people on Twitter letting their hate for FSU convince them that there was no OPI on that call. It was the clearest flag I've seen.

sandwolf
10-18-2014, 11:29 PM
It was clear as day....good call by the refs. Hell, I am pretty sure that I remember Lou Houltz even saying it was the right call in the post game.

KB21
10-18-2014, 11:38 PM
It wasn't a good call. The receiver was grabbed by the defender. He did not block. The defender had a handful of jersey outside of the shoulders.

ShotgunDawg
10-18-2014, 11:47 PM
I think it was a bad call.

Video here with explanation:

http://thebiglead.com/2014/10/19/notre-dame-got-screwed-in-tallahassee-by-the-referees/

1) The FSU defender (8) is jamming the Notre Dame WR (20) at the line of scrimmage.

2) First contact? That belongs to the FSU defender, who grabs the Notre Dame WR with both arms. The Notre Dame player takes one step before he’s grabbed with two arms.

3) Even on the Notre Dame receiver’s 2nd and 3rd steps, he’s still getting grabbed and trying to get leverage. He can’t, because he’s getting grabbed. Watch his lower body struggle.

4) The Notre Dame receiver tries to lean forward into the end zone, but the FSU defender starts pulling him down, but notices that, “oh shit, that guy is wide open and he’s going to score!”

5) And that’s when the acting begins (it’s actually a pretty good job) and he starts talking to the ref and gesturing just as the touchdown signal goes up.

mstatefan91
10-18-2014, 11:53 PM
So that's why #7 is also blocking?

It's offensive PI.

ShotgunDawg
10-19-2014, 12:00 AM
So that's why #7 is also blocking?

It's offensive PI.

You make a good point, and it's a good debate, but the guy #7 is blocking is basically out of the play with little chance to get there regardless if he was blocked.

Plus I think the penalty was called on #20. #20 was blocked by the FSU guy

mstatefan91
10-19-2014, 12:03 AM
You make a good point, and it's a good debate, but the guy #7 is blocking is basically out of the play with little chance to get there regardless if he was blocked.

Plus I think the penalty was called on #20. #20 was blocked by the FSU guy

It looks like a design play to free up #88 to have a wide open TD catch.

We will still be #1