PDA

View Full Version : Buy/Sell: If State beats AL. Dak gets the Heisman...

AlmostPositive
10-18-2014, 12:12 AM
even with two losses or subpar performances elsewhere.

The most definitive Heisman moment of the last few years was Manziel winning in Tuscaloosa. I think Prescott would get the same sort of boost. Beating Alabama at home is going to trump any stat line.

(This is probably a dumb hypothetical, because if MSU can win in T-Town, they aren't losing a regular season game this year.)

smootness
10-18-2014, 12:22 AM
I think it's going to be hard for Dak not to win the Heisman anyway. We would have to lose at least 2, and Mariota would have to keep going off.

I think the Kentucky game is the key. If we go in there and dominate the way we have every other game, then we won't lose at least until the Egg Bowl. I'm interested to see if our mentality stays the same now that we are #1. We had 3 opponents ranked higher than us to keep our focus, so we'll see. I think we will stay focused, but you just never know. If we come out flat against Kentucky, I'll worry. If we don't, then we won't be flat the rest of the year.

And this team, if not flat, will beat anyone. But the Egg Bowl will be tough.

Dawg61
10-18-2014, 12:32 AM
Voters remember the most recent games the most. Dak will have to keep being Dak all the way till the end which should be no problem for him (knocks on wood). Half way through he is the front runner which is pretty damn amazing.

Political Hack
10-18-2014, 07:00 AM
sell: he has to beat UK, Arky, UT Martin, etc... too. more than 1 loss and he's out, and a late loss may be enough to do it regardless.

Schultzy
10-18-2014, 07:08 AM
Buy. Dak is the anti Jameis/anti Manziel.

The voters are ready for a Heisman winner that's likeable and young people can look up to. Bad boy fatigue has set in.

RIdog
10-18-2014, 07:13 AM
Buy. Dak is the anti Jameis/anti Manziel.

The voters are ready for a Heisman winner that's likeable and young people can look up to. Bad boy fatigue has set in.

Totally agree with this !

Dawgsrule
10-18-2014, 07:21 AM
This doesn't necisarilly matter. Basically it's down to Dak and Mariota and they are both great guys with great stories.

AlmostPositive
10-18-2014, 07:38 AM
Manziel had two losses in 2012 when he won, but there were no late season defeats, and he did have pretty spectacular stats.

I think most people would agree Dak's a lock at 11-1 or better assuming he plays at his current level. No other contender will have meant as much to his team, and none of them will have played against as many good teams.

So I'm buying, but I hope Mariota slips up again and makes the choice easier for Heisman voters. At the moment he has a 17-0 TD- Interception ratio which is nothing to sneeze at.

BulldogBacker
10-18-2014, 07:52 AM
Manziel had two losses in 2012 when he won, but there were no late season defeats, and he did have pretty spectacular stats.

I think most people would agree Dak's a lock at 11-1 or better assuming he plays at his current level. No other contender will have meant as much to his team, and none of them will have played against as many good teams.

So I'm buying, but I hope Mariota slips up again and makes the choice easier for Heisman voters. At the moment he has a 17-0 TD- Interception ratio which is nothing to sneeze at.

...for big numbers by the QB and has Phil Knight behind him. Both have impeccable characters. Dak will have to continue to lead us to the promised land. If we beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa, I think he seals it. To nail it down, we have to win the Egg Bowl.

Coach34
10-18-2014, 09:23 AM
Dakota is going to win the Heisman as long aswe dont lose two games. He can lose to Bama but must beat Ole Missus if we do. Lose both of those and he probably ends up 3rd

drunkernhelldawg
10-18-2014, 10:42 AM
It's not down to one game at this point. The egg bowl could be the big one. Just gotta keep performing and winning. Kentucky ain't no pushover. That's gonna be a war.

Aces High
10-18-2014, 10:45 AM
sell: he has to beat UK, Arky, UT Martin, etc... too. more than 1 loss and he's out, and a late loss may be enough to do it regardless.

Love ya but that is dumb