PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss gameday versus our gameday

archdog
10-17-2014, 05:00 PM
Was it just me or did they just make fun of Ole Miss almost the entire day? Our gameday commercial and everything was well done, but theirs highlighted almost every douchebag thing about the place. Even the lady with the fugly zebra tent. I believe they were making fun of her during their interview.

IMissJack
10-17-2014, 05:02 PM
The key is that the rebs don't consider it "making fun" of them.

archdog
10-17-2014, 05:07 PM
I was just sitting here thinking about it, and almost every segment personified every negative thing about their fanbase I would even list.

drummerdawg
10-17-2014, 05:26 PM
GameDay smack is what I've been hearing most from them. Supposedly one of the producers said it was the best gameday they ever had and an om friend let me know that. Another om friend told me that he was surprised how small our gameday crowd was and said the weather probably kept them away. Then all the Katy Perry talk and Herbie and Fowler hanging out in Oxford instead of Starkville. That's pretty much all they got to talk about.

mstatefan91
10-17-2014, 05:34 PM
Just show them this picture and tell them to STFU

http://www.hailstate.com/pics33/800/NM/NMNDJVCJYRHKNHC.20141011201253.JPG

Aces High
10-17-2014, 05:34 PM
One of the gameday producers told me that msu was the loudest and largest crowd he has ever been to.

Everyone in the press box agreed that last weekend was the best college atmosphere theyve ever been to and definately the loudest.

Dawgface
10-17-2014, 05:55 PM
Didn't watch much of OM's game day. I did watch ours. To be honest.......I rarely watch game day. I usually play golf and/or go walking with the mutt in the a.m and then watch football in the afternoon.

Coach34
10-17-2014, 06:34 PM
The Gameday's personified each fanbase to a T

Ole Missus- all fluff and PR. Get a sideshow pop star as Gameday guest

State- loud as hell, fun, former player and relevant sports star as GameDay picker.

JDog13
10-17-2014, 06:45 PM
I got a good laugh at all the Bear losers constantly tweeting the game day crew and the hosts like Herb, Corso, Fowler, and Finebaum. Every couple minutes they'd throw out a "we can't hear you" or a "This is so embarrassing." They tried so hard to wage a social media campaign after they saw the amount of people we had. I'll tell you what is embarrassing....Gameday hosts being puked on and all the cussing on national tv. We weren't hardly the embarrassment.

Coach34
10-17-2014, 06:48 PM
I got a good laugh at all the Bear losers constantly tweeting the game day crew and the hosts like Herb, Corso, Fowler, and Finebaum. Every couple minutes they'd throw out a "we can't hear you" or a "This is so embarrassing." They tried so hard to wage a social media campaign after they saw the amount of people we had.

Thats Politics 101- steer the perception and the truth doesnt matter

bluelightstar
10-17-2014, 06:55 PM
I know this is close to heresy, but Ole Miss's Gameday was a fun little spectacle. It was a change of pace, and Katy Perry was a hilarious choice as a guest picker. I don't think I'd want State's Gameday to be like that, but theirs was actually entertaining. Don't throw me to the lions for that one.

Coach34
10-17-2014, 07:28 PM
Nobody is saying it wasnt entertaining- her being prepped to throw Corndogs for LSU was hilarious.

archdog
10-17-2014, 09:49 PM
It was weak and fake. Just like their fanbase.

ScoobaDawg
10-17-2014, 10:05 PM
Nobody is saying it wasnt entertaining- her being prepped to throw Corndogs for LSU was hilarious.

She was hilarious for being outrageous. thats what she does. it worked. She fit perfect for their style. It would not have worked with us as well.

Ours was better because the fans were there for the game not the party. We didnt have to beg for gameday to come. Gameday was mainly about us and not the other way around. And though in a way Paps (who I LOVE) was a letdown when other names had circulated for such a big secret.. He did very well and didn't embarrass us which.. was a possibility with his wild self.

AlSwearengen
10-17-2014, 11:46 PM
Olemiss' game day was a novelty. Planned from beginning to end to steer perception and like coach said, they looked like who they are.

RougeDawg
10-18-2014, 12:07 AM
GameDay smack is what I've been hearing most from them. Supposedly one of the producers said it was the best gameday they ever had and an om friend let me know that. Another om friend told me that he was surprised how small our gameday crowd was and said the weather probably kept them away. Then all the Katy Perry talk and Herbie and Fowler hanging out in Oxford instead of Starkville. That's pretty much all they got to talk about.

Huh? What? Either you have been under a rock or are a bear. Since the only rocks in Mississippi occupy the brains of OM fans, I guess that solves it.

It was even reported last week that Starkville was the loudest and most energetic they'd ever witnessed in their gameday careers. Your Herbie and Fowler comment proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are a bearshartard. They both called the Nebraska Michigan State game you moron.

Hack, Coach, how did the hammer miss this one?

ScoobaDawg
10-18-2014, 12:17 AM
Huh? What? Either you have been under a rock or are a bear. Since the only rocks in Mississippi occupy the brains of OM fans, I guess that solves it.

It was even reported last week that Starkville was the loudest and most energetic they'd ever witnessed in their gameday careers. Your Herbie and Fowler comment proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that you are a bearshartard. They both called the Nebraska Michigan State game you moron.

Chill... he is fine. he clearly said his bear shark friends said all that. As he noted, thats all they have to talk about... We all know we surpassed them the next week with our own.

drummerdawg
10-18-2014, 12:35 AM

wow.

DudyDawg
10-18-2014, 12:44 AM
Too many threads w ole miss in the title

BulldogDX55
10-18-2014, 04:26 AM
wow.

I heard the same stuff you did, it's just that the truth is that Herbie and Fowler were there because they were the commentators for the OM vs A&M game that night so they were researching the team.

Don't worry about rougedawg. He is a decent poster most of the time, he just gets a bit emotional. Whatever you do, DO NOT tell him that you thought it was uncomfortably warm at the UAB game or he will tell you that you're too weak to be a State fan.

Mutt the Hoople
10-18-2014, 11:18 AM
I know this is close to heresy, but Ole Miss's Gameday was a fun little spectacle. It was a change of pace, and Katy Perry was a hilarious choice as a guest picker. I don't think I'd want State's Gameday to be like that, but theirs was actually entertaining. Don't throw me to the lions for that one.
It WAS fun an entertaining...like "Candid Camera" fun and entertaining. These "special" people thought everyone was entertained by them, when they didn't realize they were laughing at them.

TUSK
10-18-2014, 12:18 PM
was there any estimate on the campus population for Gameday at either MSU or OM?

the largest I've heard of was the year Lsu clipped Bammer in OT in TTown... 2011?

Political Hack
10-18-2014, 12:41 PM
was there any estimate on the campus population for Gameday at either MSU or OM?

the largest I've heard of was the year Lsu clipped Bammer in OT in TTown... 2011?

I'd estimate around 100k, which is only Bammer's stadium. Based on that I'd assume it want the biggest game day crowd ever, but it was possibly the most they've ever had in a single area of campus right next to the Gameday crew. It was insane, as you can see by that picture. If I'm not mistaken, that was after the show was over too.

TUSK
10-18-2014, 12:52 PM
I'd estimate around 100k, which is only Bammer's stadium. Based on that I'd assume it want the biggest game day crowd ever, but it was possibly the most they've ever had in a single area of campus right next to the Gameday crew. It was insane, as you can see by that picture. If I'm not mistaken, that was after the show was over too.

Yeah, I think you're right... there was over 250k on the Bammer campus Thursday before the Saturday game vs LSU... Saturday prolly saw over 300k...

I did some Googling and Mizzo with 18k is the "official" gameday record, so I have no idea how they count em....

Political Hack
10-18-2014, 01:20 PM
Yeah, I think you're right... there was over 250k on the Bammer campus Thursday before the Saturday game vs LSU... Saturday prolly saw over 300k...

I did some Googling and Mizzo with 18k is the "official" gameday record, so I have no idea how they count em....

if that was the record, it was the record. the junction smashed that.

TUSK
10-18-2014, 01:25 PM
if that was the record, it was the record. the junction smashed that.

I'm sure... is there like a "parameter" one has to be within to count? I can't see a lot more not showing up at our place esp if there's 300K in close proximity...

maybe it's how many orange Home Depot hardhats they hand out...lol

gravedigger
10-18-2014, 01:46 PM

What a horrible response. . Dude was saying what om fans supposedly perceived.

First learn to comprehend.

TUSK
10-18-2014, 01:52 PM
What a horrible response. . Dude was saying what om fans supposedly perceived.

First learn to comprehend.

I thought I missed something there... thanks...