PDA

View Full Version : I'm convinced the key to beating Ole Miss U is putting presusre on Bo

cheewgumm
10-17-2014, 03:12 PM
I was watching the A&M game and saw they were rushing 4, and thought it was a mistake.

If I'm Tenn, i'm blitzing early and often, and taking my chances with "Hurried Bo". Seems obvious.

defiantdog
10-17-2014, 03:26 PM
TN won't have to blitz heavily. They have a monstrous front 7 that have grown up during the season. A&M's defense is awful.

dawgpound
10-17-2014, 04:02 PM
Ole miss makes it difficult to blitz sometimes bc of their quick passes. If they hit treadwell at the snap then you're forced with a corner trying to tackle him in space.

IMissJack
10-17-2014, 04:14 PM
Will Redmond says bring it on!!

cheewgumm
10-17-2014, 04:22 PM
I'd take my chances with the Treadwell one on one to force turnovers which Bo will deliver when pressured.

Leroy Jenkins
10-17-2014, 04:25 PM
I've been watching the year UT is having. Worley is getting better I believe, not quite good enough to win this without a run game though. If UT can play 2-high on D and run the ball with any success they will win, or if the OM team that played Memphis shows up UT wins.

Utah State W 34-19
Arkansas State W 38-7
@ OU L 34-10
@ UGA L 35-32
Florida L 10-9
Chattanooga W 45-10

WinningIsRelentless
10-17-2014, 04:29 PM
The key against them is a qb that is dual threat to make the safety freeze for a .5 second. If your qb can run and throw they will struggle greatly.

Relf beat them what 3 years in a row then we lost the year russell played and then Dak beat them last year.

RougeDawg
10-17-2014, 04:32 PM
The Key to beating Bucky's offense was shown last year in the games against Us and Missouri. I'm weekly astonished that the teams they play do not use our blueprint. We used that same blueprint to shut A&M down, and to some extent Auburn. It's not very difficult. The stubbornness and egos of the defensive coordinators is the only thing preventing them from changing their scheme and doing exactly what we did, Period...

BulldogDX55
10-17-2014, 04:51 PM
The Key to beating Bucky's offense was shown last year in the games against Us and Missouri. I'm weekly astonished that the teams they play do not use our blueprint. We used that same blueprint to shut A&M down, and to some extent Auburn. It's not very difficult. The stubbornness and egos of the defensive coordinators is the only thing preventing them from changing their scheme and doing exactly what we did, Period...

How would you describe the key to shutting them down? It's really just pressuring Bo, focus on shutting down horizontal plays (even if it means leaving the middle open), and attacking bubble screens aggressively with hard hitting corners/OLBs, right?

Dawgcentral
10-17-2014, 05:06 PM
Pressure is the key. Then make timely hits when the catch the short stuff. Make them earn every yard. No YATC and contain Bo Wallacing when he tries to run. He does that crap just enough to open things up a bit.

RougeDawg
10-17-2014, 05:50 PM
How would you describe the key to shutting them down? It's really just pressuring Bo, focus on shutting down horizontal plays (even if it means leaving the middle open), and attacking bubble screens aggressively with hard hitting corners/OLBs, right?

Pressure Bo. Cover the quick pass at line of scrimmage/bubble screen with CB's at LOS, with LB's covering run/middle of field first, then flats, and safeties helping over middle if LB's take flats, and helping in flats if LB's have to stay close to line. When forced to throw quickly, Bo usually goes to the quick hitch at the LOS. He very rarely goes over the middle when he has to throw quickly, and you can take away the quick over middle pass with LB coverage. When Bro has time in the pocket he will find someone. You have to force Bad Bro to come out sometime.

Pollodawg
10-17-2014, 08:17 PM
If we shut down Malzahn, who is basically the expert on Freeze's kind of offense, we can shut down Hugh, fellas. Malzhan is one of, if not the best, offensive minds in the nation. We can beat Hugh, folks.

Bully041184
10-17-2014, 08:24 PM
If we shut down Malzahn, who is basically the expert on Freeze's kind of offense, we can shut down Hugh, fellas. Malzhan is one of, if not the best, offensive minds in the nation. We can beat Hugh, folks.

This. I wouldn't want anything more than to defeat them straight up in Oxford

FlabLoser
10-17-2014, 09:22 PM

Auburn's offense is nothing like Ole Miss's.

We had a great plan last year. It looked like we gave Bo defensive looks to dictate the reads we wanted him to make, then shut down the play.

EngineerDawg
10-17-2014, 10:20 PM
Is anyone else intrigued by the auburn / ole miss game? I have it circled as my top matchup non-state. Why you ask? Through my eyes, I see us and auburn essentially the same. We run similar schemes on both sides and have similar personel. I find the game as our pathway to success....