PDA

View Full Version : Does Gurley missing his second straight game due to being suspended officially

starkvegasdawg
10-17-2014, 12:14 PM
take him out of the Heisman race? I have to think it does unless he gets cleared to play the next game and the rest of the season blows up to the tune of 250 yards and 3 TD's/game.

BeardoMSU
10-17-2014, 12:19 PM
take him out of the Heisman race? I have to think it does unless he gets cleared to play the next game and the rest of the season blows up to the tune of 250 yards and 3 TD's/game.

I'd think so, but who knows.

I think this whole situation is more damning to FSU. You've got to give it to Georgia: they heard rumblings of rule breaking, and they nip it in the bud and suspend TG3 while they investigate. FSU, on the other hand, has their "smart, mature, well adjusted" Heisman QB linked to the same memorabilia site, with over 2000 authenticated autographs...and what do they do? No a damn thing.

msstate7
10-17-2014, 12:26 PM
He didn't travel

archdog
10-17-2014, 12:30 PM
They dont call travelling anymore

Political Hack
10-17-2014, 12:36 PM
They dont call travelling anymore

He's definitely taking more than 3 steps.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-17-2014, 12:53 PM
I think FSU is smart for letting Winston play. A&M did the same last year with Manziel. If you say you have proof show it if not screw you I'm not voluntarily sitting my best player down. We all complain about Bracky & him not being for MSU well what Georgia is doing is exactly what we'd kill Bracky & MSU for. If you got a gun you better shoot me because I'm damn sure not gonna shoot myself.

Lloyd Christmas
10-17-2014, 01:56 PM

He's out unless he puts up absolutely insane stats (if he ever gets cleared). If he sits a third game in a row he is definitely out

Lloyd Christmas
10-17-2014, 01:58 PM
I think FSU is smart for letting Winston play. A&M did the same last year with Manziel. If you say you have proof show it if not screw you I'm not voluntarily sitting my best player down. We all complain about Bracky & him not being for MSU well what Georgia is doing is exactly what we'd kill Bracky & MSU for. If you got a gun you better shoot me because I'm damn sure not gonna shoot myself.

They would be smart for letting him play if this was the only Jameis controversy out there. As it stands..there's a point where you need to cut your losses and say "We f**ked up".

BeardoMSU
10-17-2014, 02:01 PM
They would be smart for letting him play if this was the only Jameis controversy out there. As it stands..there's a point where you need to cut your losses and say "We f**ked up".

Exactly. Their coaches and administration are coming off as enablers. This whole thing sticks.

Oh, love the new avatar, Lloyd! It's time for FSU to "separate entirely"....

Lloyd Christmas
10-17-2014, 02:08 PM
Exactly. Their coaches and administration are coming off as enablers. This whole thing sticks.

Oh, love the new avatar, Lloyd! It's time for FSU to "separate entirely"....

That's the thing, you can't skip an steps. They're nurturing dependence too much.

LC Dawg
10-17-2014, 02:32 PM

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b584/jcattdawg/cCGUfHB_zpsd9aq8iin.gif

Ifyouonlyknew
10-17-2014, 02:53 PM

Then they're going to say as they have many times Well Jameis has never been arrested for anything. It may be enabling but these guys are in the business of winning games & championships & they aren't going to bench their key to a championship without being told to. I can't blame them for that anything else is personal opinion.

archdog
10-17-2014, 10:03 PM
Notre Dame is going to take care of it tomorrow. Bye bye FSU.

SDDawg
10-17-2014, 11:38 PM
FSU loses, Gurley is out, Dak is out in front by several lengths at this point.

smootness
10-18-2014, 12:20 AM

Not the way the NCAA works. If you know of possible improprieties and allow a player to play and they decide later he was ineligible, then you forfeit those games.

Ifyouonlyknew
10-18-2014, 09:50 AM
Not the way the NCAA works. If you know of possible improprieties and allow a player to play and they decide later he was ineligible, then you forfeit those games.

I'm aware. You don't think A&M knew Johnny Football signed those autographs? They did but the NCAA didn't have enough proof so why cut your own hand off. FSU is doing the same thing. They're betting the NCAA won't or are too incompetent to find anything. Let's be honest with the NCAA that's not a stretch.