PDA

View Full Version : Big stat regarding Bama.....

HoopsDawg
10-16-2014, 08:38 PM
Bama had 37 called runs vs Arkansas, they only had a Total of 15 yards before contact on those carries.

Ole Miss held them to 10, Arkansas to 14.

What that tells you is that their O-line is no where near as dominant as it has been in the past. No matter how great Bama recruits if their O-line is a little down with that Pro-Style offense, they can be beat. I like our chances to stop their run and make them one-dimensional.

Todd4State
10-16-2014, 08:42 PM
It will be tough because it is on the road, but we have as good a chance as any. Alabama's defense is pretty good as well, and that's going to give them a shot against us.

Coach34
10-16-2014, 08:45 PM
We gave them fits last year- and we are better and they are worse. If we had had any semblance of an offense- we could have pulled it off last year.

It will be a battle in T-Town- but this is our year.

HoopsDawg
10-16-2014, 08:46 PM
It will be tough because it is on the road, but we have as good a chance as any. Alabama's defense is pretty good as well, and that's going to give them a shot against us.

Their corners are good but not great.

msstate7
10-16-2014, 08:46 PM
We gave them fits last year- and we are better and they are worse. If we had had any semblance of an offense- we could have pulled it off last year.

It will be a battle in T-Town- but this is our year.

You mean if we would've had Dak, we'd have won

Political Hack
10-16-2014, 08:49 PM
it's a bad matchup for them. bad as in terrible.

we will score. our offense is too good. and they will not run the ball downhill on us. If we bracket Cooper and can make their TE irrelevant in PA, they're going to have a very hard time moving the ball.

HoopsDawg
10-16-2014, 08:49 PM
You mean if we would've had Dak, we'd have won

If Bear had caught that pass from our 3rd string QB it could have been interesting. And Bama had AJ McCarron at QB. Crazy.

SapperDawg
10-16-2014, 08:50 PM
I still think Bama can beat any team in the country at any site, and they still have a roster full of world class athletes. My current theory on why they are not playing to their potential is I think the locker room is a mess. They have a QB in his fifth year in the program, paid all his dues and waited his time. They bascially tell him he is not good enough and bring in someone to take the regins. I think Saban lost the locker room this year and that is the issue.

HoopsDawg
10-16-2014, 08:52 PM
it's a bad matchup for them. bad as in terrible.

we will score. our offense is too good. and they will not run the ball downhill on us. If we bracket Cooper and can make their TE irrelevant in PA, they're going to have a very hard time moving the ball.

I think the only way we lose is if we let Cooper go wild, turn the ball over 3+ times, or have special teams breakdowns.

Liverpooldawg
10-16-2014, 08:58 PM
Bama is still a very good football team and we have to go there. That game will be tough.

HoopsDawg
10-16-2014, 09:04 PM
Bama is still a very good football team and we have to go there. That game will be tough.

Of course it will be tough. But that stat shows me that with our D-line, Bama won't be able to just line up and run it up and down the field on us. I would say it's a 50/50 game. Bama has an edge b/c it's at Bama, but we have a big edge at QB. I would say Bama has an edge with their skill players, but I like our edge in the trenches.

Political Hack
10-16-2014, 09:05 PM
I still think Bama can beat any team in the country at any site, and they still have a roster full of world class athletes. My current theory on why they are not playing to their potential is I think the locker room is a mess. They have a QB in his fifth year in the program, paid all his dues and waited his time. They bascially tell him he is not good enough and bring in someone to take the regins. I think Saban lost the locker room this year and that is the issue.

that could be some of it, but losing their Reggie Bush for the season hurts a lot. Having an undependable OL hurts a lot more. Having an inconsistent QB has to be incredibly frustrating for Saban. Those 3 things alone can kill an offense, with or without locker room issues.

I do think they're going to have locker room issues one way or the other. I just hope they keep winning until we play them. I don't want to see Saban coming off a 2nd loss.

mic
10-16-2014, 09:10 PM
that could be some of it, but losing their Reggie Bush for the season hurts a lot. Having an undependable OL hurts a lot more. Having an inconsistent QB has to be incredibly frustrating for Saban. Those 3 things alone can kill an offense, with or without locker room issues.

I do think they're going to have locker room issues one way or the other. I just hope they keep winning until we play them. I don't want to see Saban coming off a 2nd loss.

I agree with most of this , but I think if Bama slips and loses a game before we get there they may just go ahead and shut it down ..I'm not sure they know how to play the spoiler role... . I know their fans will basically shut it down..

codeDawg
10-16-2014, 09:14 PM
It's going to be a battle, but one we should win.

TUSK
10-16-2014, 09:14 PM
the DL is Nasty good... the right side of the OL is revoltingly poor... getting Kelly back from injury will improve them a good bit...

if they can FINALLY gel (esp in the OL and at CB) they will be very difficult to beat...

and god forbid we cleanly field a freakin punt...

otherwise, we're awesome:rolleyes:

edit: Hack, you're right... re: Drake

EAVdog
10-16-2014, 09:15 PM
We win by two TD's

HoopsDawg
10-16-2014, 09:18 PM
the DL is Nasty good... the right side of the OL is revoltingly poor... getting Kelly back from injury will improve them a good bit...

if they can FINALLY gel (esp in the OL and at CB) they will be very difficult to beat...

otherwise, we're awesome:rolleyes:

I forgot Kelly was out vs Arkansas.

TUSK
10-16-2014, 09:23 PM
yall's defense balled out, as per usual, last year..... Bammer was a bit sloppy too...

I don't think the score was remotely indicative of how the game actually went, though...

With yall playing so well, now... and Bama sucking, the '13 game seems a lifetime ago...

TrapGame
10-16-2014, 09:24 PM
As long as Lane Kiffin is the OC we have the upper hand. He'll be lucky if his brother gets him a TE coaching position at the plantation next year.

TUSK
10-16-2014, 09:26 PM
We win by two TD's

care to make a sig bet on that?

My current sig (as awesome as it is) is gettin' stale....

PMDawg
10-16-2014, 09:31 PM
We will be favored. Unless we stumble big time.

TUSK
10-16-2014, 09:37 PM
If the game were Saturday, I think yall'd be favored as well... 2-3 points, I'd guess...

I'm just hoping yall "plane out" at some point...

I'm most interested to see how well yall can run the ball this year with Dak being the dual threat he is...

State hasn't been able to run at all the last few years vs my PsychoPhants, but this is a different "State", I believe...

msstate7
10-16-2014, 09:43 PM
If the game were Saturday, I think yall'd be favored as well... 2-3 points, I'd guess...

I'm just hoping yall "plane out" at some point...

I'm most interested to see how well yall can run the ball this year with Dak being the dual threat he is...

State hasn't been able to run at all the last few years vs my PsychoPhants, but this is a different "State", I believe...

And a different bama team. I know you've got a good defense, but I don't think you've been tested by a balanced offense. In the sec, you've seen a bad offensive team (florida), a pass dominant team (om), and a run dominant team (ark). Your defense will be tested the most by us and auburn

TUSK
10-16-2014, 09:53 PM
And a different bama team. I know you've got a good defense, but I don't think you've been tested by a balanced offense. In the sec, you've seen a bad offensive team (florida), a pass dominant team (om), and a run dominant team (ark). Your defense will be tested the most by us and auburn

absolutely.

One thing I have noticed is that Bammer's DL don't seem to penetrate almost by design... I think after getting toasted so many times by dual threats, they look more to contain... then collapse on the offense...

the downside to that is the qb has more time to throw vs our rookie CBs...

I don't think MSU will be able to run it on Bammer as well as they have thus far this season... but if Dak & Bear are on, they won't have to...

It's tough being TUSKer.

Todd4State
10-16-2014, 10:25 PM
absolutely.

One thing I have noticed is that Bammer's DL don't seem to penetrate almost by design... I think after getting toasted so many times by dual threats, they look more to contain... then collapse on the offense...

the downside to that is the qb has more time to throw vs our rookie CBs...

I don't think MSU will be able to run it on Bammer as well as they have thus far this season... but if Dak & Bear are on, they won't have to...

It's tough being TUSKer.

About us not being able to run the ball last year- two words- Ladarius Perkins.

TUSK
10-16-2014, 10:43 PM
About us not being able to run the ball last year- two words- Ladarius Perkins.

You had to make me go look... at bammer rush yards allowed....

2013, 29-53
2012, 21-47
2011, 29-12
total, 79-112, 1.42

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say yall get more than 112 this year*...

Jack Lambert
10-16-2014, 10:51 PM
Auburn Defense is better.

TUSK
10-16-2014, 10:57 PM
Auburn Defense is better.

I'd say they're comparable... I like Bama's front 7 a bit more (although Gabe is MFer) and I'd give the edge to AU in the 2ndary with Whitehead in the lineup, for sure.

PMDawg
10-16-2014, 11:25 PM
We will run for over 150.

TUSK
10-16-2014, 11:32 PM
We will run for over 150.

I could see that happening if yall keep up the trend of jumping out to a big lead...

I was leaning to something in the 125 range if it's a tight game...

If Dak goes off throwing the ball, all bets are off... we'll be chasing our teeny elephant tails, then...

RC3
10-17-2014, 03:29 AM
Kentucky game folks

Political Hack
10-17-2014, 07:13 AM
I'd say they're comparable... I like Bama's front 7 a bit more (although Gabe is MFer) and I'd give the edge to AU in the 2ndary with Whitehead in the lineup, for sure.

I agree. I think we run for 200+ in every game this year though. We're too multiple to fill all the gaps and our guys toting the rock are winning one on one battles.

PMDawg
10-17-2014, 08:18 AM
Kentucky game folks

Yeah I hope this thread on the Alabama game doesnt cause me to miss an assignment on my couch. Overlooking the other team's fanbase can be disastrous. Thanks for setting us straight.

RC3
10-17-2014, 08:27 AM
Alabama game doesn't matter right now. No sense in talking about it

EAVdog
10-17-2014, 08:49 AM
care to make a sig bet on that?

My current sig (as awesome as it is) is gettin' stale....

I don't even think I have a Sig.

I've said we win by 2 TD's for the last three games. Can't stop now.

defiantdog
10-17-2014, 08:59 AM
This Alabama game is gonna be more on the coaches than the players. Bama's DL will blitz less to contain the edges on the option. Also, they will sit back in zone when we spread 5 wide. They will give up a 5 yard pass before they give up a 30 yard Dak run. Their offense is shaky though. Blake Sims is a very elusive qb, except he locks on a receiver like his life is depended on it. I'm surprised he hasn't thrown more picks.

We should have success with the 4 to 5 yard runs on Bama. They'll give up a few yards to protect the big run. I expect their linebackers to sit back to avoid being picked up by the guards on our option up the middle runs. But I'm not sure they can do that. Bama's LBs are not the talented bunch they're used to having.

The play action will be the achilles heel for the Bama defense. The safeties are scary good, but they look in the backfield too much and will bight a lot. We have to make sure we cover Cooper (nearly impossible) and find a way to stop Bama when they run off the tackle.

Why am I talking about this and not Kentucky? Because it's a damn BYE week and we don't have to worry about Kentucky yet.

defiantdog
10-17-2014, 08:59 AM
I don't even think I have a Sig.

I've said we win by 2 TD's for the last three games. Can't stop now.

I can make a very visual, creative sig for the loser of the bet

TUSK
11-01-2014, 11:27 PM
I can make a very visual, creative sig for the loser of the bet

hey, buddy... where's my Avatar of My Dark Lord Riding a Pale Horse.... with Hell following???

thunderclap
11-02-2014, 09:28 AM
We better play a lot better than we have the last two weeks.

Dawgface
11-02-2014, 09:38 AM

Yep. I'm having a hard time seeing a win right now. But we have 2 weeks to get a couple of key players healthy.

PMDawg
11-02-2014, 01:00 PM

It's just because the fans were overlooking Kentucky and Arkansas.

starkvegasdawg
11-02-2014, 01:25 PM
I think the only way we lose is if we let Cooper go wild, turn the ball over 3+ times, or have special teams breakdowns.
All of which is possible.

Dawgowar
11-02-2014, 01:35 PM

Well, punt to us three times and you have a good shot of one being dropped by us. Why should we catch a punt, that's what your EXPECTING us to do.