PDA

View Full Version : I'm excited for the mental/physical break this weekend

MetEdDawg
10-16-2014, 04:20 PM
I'm not sure about any of you guys, but I'm physically exhausted after our games and need this off week to save me from myself. I've gotten into this really bad habit of standing and walking around my house for our games. I've watched every game from my living room this year and I haven't sat on my couch for a single minute in our last three games against LSU, TAMU, or Auburn. Stood during pre game, the entire game, and halftime. Never sat once. That's mentally and physically taxing on me and I truly just need a break from myself.

Anyone else do anything weird like that during the game? I really hope I'm not the only one that gets nervous enough to have to stand and walk around every single game.

thf24
10-16-2014, 04:26 PM
I tend to get up and walk around a lot too. I also have an anxiety-induced cough, so I'm usually hacking pretty good during games. I'm looking forward to the break as well.

State82
10-16-2014, 04:28 PM
I don't usually watch on TV at all. Makes me too nervous. Can't listen to the radio either. No problem sitting in the stadium but no TV for me. I did see the first 21 points Saturday. I wait till something bad happens then I leave and only check scores if I'm not at the game. Trimmed trees Saturday after the fake punt. Got a LOT accomplished. Came back in as we went into victory formation. I did check scores on my phone periodically.

DistrictDawg92
10-16-2014, 04:32 PM
I also have an anxiety-induced cough, so I'm usually hacking pretty good during games.

Have you recovered since losing a lung during the last 4 minutes of the LSU game? I hope surgery wasn't required!

quickstrike2
10-16-2014, 04:37 PM
Man I'm glad I'm not the only one that stands and paces while watching the game on TV. The moving around really does me good and helps with the tension of the game.

Pollodawg
10-16-2014, 04:53 PM
I sit during games, but I fidget. I readjust my hat a couple thousand times, bob my knees up and down, and cross and uncross my arms a lot. Then I jump up when something good or bad happens. When it's good, I watch the replay. When it's bad, I walk away for a second.

chainedup_Dawg
10-16-2014, 04:59 PM
Hell, only thing a bye means for me is that I'm nervous for 2 weeks solid instead of having the relief of playing a game!

chef dixon
10-16-2014, 05:06 PM
I don't usually watch on TV at all. Makes me too nervous. Can't listen to the radio either. No problem sitting in the stadium but no TV for me. I did see the first 21 points Saturday. I wait till something bad happens then I leave and only check scores if I'm not at the game. Trimmed trees Saturday after the fake punt. Got a LOT accomplished. Came back in as we went into victory formation. I did check scores on my phone periodically.

Come on man you gotta watch! That's what its all about

DistrictDawg92
10-16-2014, 05:06 PM
Hell, only thing a bye means for me is that I'm nervous for 2 weeks solid instead of having the relief of playing a game!

Ditto

Dawgcentral
10-16-2014, 05:25 PM
I don't want the break but I'll admit that I probably need it. If I'm at home while we play I'm all over the place. Radio broadcast outside, the desktop has it, and I'm carrying around the iPad. Sometimes I'm grilling or prepping at the same time, and one or more devices is on pause so I don't miss anything.

It can be chaotic to say the least.

CadaverDawg
10-16-2014, 05:40 PM
I sit in my recliner, but I jump up and down, scream, fist pump, post on here, text my buddies, call my Dad, eat, drink a lot, and when things are in hand I will sit as Al Bundy sat.

CadaverDawg
10-16-2014, 05:42 PM
I don't want the break but I'll admit that I probably need it. If I'm at home while we play I'm all over the place. Radio broadcast outside, the desktop has it, and I'm carrying around the iPad. Sometimes I'm grilling or prepping at the same time, and one or more devices is on pause so I don't miss anything.

It can be chaotic to say the least.

This is me too. I've got a work IPad and a personal IPad and I have to charge one while I'm on the other posting and listening to Pregame on the radio, and then switch around the 3rd quarter when one dies. It's hectic and I feel like I've played a game when the game ends.*

LC Dawg
10-16-2014, 06:07 PM
I went to the LSU game and that was a tiring weekend but for the last 2 games I've left after high school football and got to my brother's in Louisville at 2:00 am. We got up at 6:00 am for both games and I stood most of the time at the tailgate and never sat during either game. I am exhausted and looking forward to some rest this weekend. However, if they said tomorrow we had to do it all over again I'd be all in. That three game stretch was a wild ride.

Aces High
10-16-2014, 07:34 PM
In the few games I miss and watch at home, my wife leaves the house and takes the dog. The dog will stay under the bed for 4 hours trembling if she doesn't, so, she had to start taking him to the dog park last fall.

I seen it dawg
10-16-2014, 07:34 PM
Stand and pace. Stand and pace.

I seen it dawg
10-16-2014, 07:41 PM
Hell my wife said she started looking for the paddles in the 3rd Saturday.

Coach34
10-16-2014, 07:49 PM
I sit on the couch with my laptop next to me- and I'm the same way at home as I am at game. I yell, cuss, yell some more...jump up and down on good plays, fist pump, etc...cuss the TV on bad plays or bad ref calls....wife used to take the kids in the back during games- but she said the hell with it and lets them weather the storm.

After about 3/4 of a bottle of Tito's during LSU as Dakota scored on that long run- I ran out in the middle of the driveway and yelled to the entire neighborhood- "lay back and take it tonight Tigahhhhhs- the Bulldogs gonna make you like it"

Political Hack
10-16-2014, 07:53 PM
In the few games I miss and watch at home, my wife leaves the house and takes the dog. The dog will stay under the bed for 4 hours trembling if she doesn't, so, she had to start taking him to the dog park last fall.

my wife puts the dog outside. we can't co-exist during a game. my son is the only person who will stay in the room with me at this point.

CadaverDawg
10-16-2014, 08:24 PM
After about 3/4 of a bottle of Tito's during LSU as Dakota scored on that long run- I ran out in the middle of the driveway and yelled to the entire neighborhood- "lay back and take it tonight Tigahhhhhs- the Bulldogs gonna make you like it"

For some reason, I laughed hard

Coach34
10-16-2014, 08:27 PM
For some reason, I laughed hard

It's hilarious- especially if you knew my neighbors. 2/3 of them are old or hate LSU

Harrydawg
10-16-2014, 09:44 PM
I may have permanent damage to my vocal cords after Saturday....I really need a break

Maroonthirteen
10-16-2014, 09:56 PM
I'm the same way met. If I'm at home watching, I'm on my feet pacing the entire time.

For lsu and Saturday I was so nervous the entire game. Saturday, I couldnt eat from mid morning to the last int. Then as soon as Cox made the pick. My nervousness subsided and my body told my brain that it was starving. It is crazy.

TXDawg
10-16-2014, 10:09 PM
I developed a mantra during the LSU game that was VERY applicable then and that helped me cope with TAMU and Auburn. It's become my standard response to any big play we have and to anyone who texts me with congratulations before a game is over. My mantra is:

"It's a marathon, not a sprint."

Ironically, this is also a great mantra for the season. It keeps me level headed and is a great answer to the question "How does it feel to be ranked #1?"